Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could be.

The fight game is so mental though, perhaps the true opening wasn't there until the 5th round when izzy was too fresh and quick.

I been saying all these mma commentors and fighters grossly underestimated Alex. The stand skills that Alex has versus all the previous opponents of Izzy is night and day. Izzy can't beat Alex stand up period end of story.

He definitely had him in deep trouble, but fell right back into his usual routine in the second. What if is not a finish, despite the clear advantage.

But you can't say he wasn't trying to finish if he definitely almost finished him. He threw that right over the top several more times in the fight; it never connected the same.

Naw bro he was tired in the 5th, and eventually couldn't keep that Monster from advancing on him. No angles to escape, and when Alex throws that jab the only smart choice is to shoot for a takedown. Of course when your tired in the 5th and not an offensive grappler, you'll probably skip on a shot.

He fought brilliantly, far far better than anyone else would have in a standup fight. But if Izzy's brutal kicks, thudding counter shots, great cardio and elusiveness isn't enough to stop Alex. NOBODY is gonna last with him on the feet.

Izzy isn't a very good boxer, but his ability to angle off has made him extremely hard to beat. The pressure was otherworldly from Alex, he didn't allow Izzy to escape for free. Izzy was smashing his leg into him, jabbing him, going to the body, mixing up his kicks, even clinched several times and got him down, but eventually it was too much.

Last edited:
How he got robbed if he was stopped? I agree that he was slightly better the entire fight, but in the end he was stopped.

Izzy was cruising to a solid win by keeping his distance with counters, holding him against the cage and even a takedown with ground control.

It felt like he was hunting for a KO of his own to avenge his losses, and it went downhill quick.
I disagree. Izzy didn't look like he was on the hunt for a finish in round 5.
Alex was clearly determined and on the hunt for the finish while Izzy looked too complacent to try and evade until the round ended.

Wasnt ego. It was a flaw in his game. Izzy backs up but doesnt circle out. He presented pereirra the chance all fight. He took it in the 5th
it could be related to ego.. why else would he stand there against the cage and dare him to hit him? circle out, win the fight.

Izzy was cruising to a solid win by keeping his distance with counters, holding him against the cage and even a takedown with ground control.

It felt like he was hunting for a KO of his own to avenge his losses, and it went downhill quick.

I think the power is what flustered Izzy. Alex is bigger and longer so Izzy just couldn't freeze him up with his striking as he normally does. And when Alex landed, it messed with Izzy's rhythm. Aside from the first round, it never looked like Izzy was comfortable setting anything up.

Maybe. Thing is it was his first 5 round fight ever. You gotta be real careful you don’t expend all your energy early for obvs reasons. Round 5 it was safe to let it all go.

I already liked Alex but even more respect to him now. Made multiple mistakes which could have cost him the fight but he stayed focused and pulled it back.

I think in the rematch, it could end earlier for Izzy.

Or Izzy tries even harder to grapple and stick on the outside.

Seemed like pereira just stormed forward in the 5th and Izzy got stuck against the fence

Izzy backed into the fence all fight without circling out immediately. Pereirra couldve finished the fight in every round.
Yeap but instead he somewhat beat izzy down to that point before the finish.

You're right, it was early. We all needed to see Izzy put down cold and we didn't get that satisfaction.

Izzy could have submitted him also if he had better Bjj.

Alex will lose to a grappler.

What? He fought very well. Got caught. I thought the stoppage was a bit early, but that's not on either fighter. Great, tension filled fight.

Adesanya rocked him to his boots with a right hand/left hook combination. He was in there against a faster guy who's very good at countering.

By the 5th, Adesanya had slowed down and Pereira actually carried his power all the way to the end, while Adesanya was no longer a threat.

Back