Soccer is the best and most diverse sport

Even the most skilled/athletic MMA fighters would only be fit to be ball boys in the beautiful game.

I keep hearing how popular soccer is in the U.S. but the only sports I ever see on tv are football, basketball and baseball.

How talented are soccer players gonna be with their hands/arms?
So yeah…. I got freestyle wrestlers as more talented in my book.
That's a silly argument considering legs are harder to use in comparison to arms. You're also not understanding the argument of talent pools. There is no sport in the world that has a higher talent pool than soccer. Becoming elite in a room of a million people is going to be harder than becoming elite in a room of a hundred people, it's simple math. The entire world plays soccer and it has the highest barrier to entry and the highest glory (FIFA World Cup). I'm not even a soccer fanatic, I'm a combat sports enthusiast but that's just facts. You can't compare getting a UFC contract with getting signed to a major league soccer team. It's also laughable that you're comparing a sport like freestyle wrestling with soccer.

I keep hearing how popular soccer is in the U.S. but the only sports I ever see on tv are football, basketball and baseball.
Wtf really? If anything that's the one market where soccer doesn't have as much popularity despite it being the most popular sport in the world.

Wtf really? If anything that's the one market where soccer doesn't have as much popularity despite it being the most popular sport in the world.
I live in the U.S. and it's like never on tv. I guess if it was that popular U.S. networks would show it if they thought they could get advertising revenues. I don't know anybody that actually watches it when it is on some non-network channel. Doesn't get sports news coverage either. We have the MSL but no one ever talks about it. You are right about its huge popularity outside the U.S.
https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/mls/standings/

I live in the U.S. and it's like never on tv. I guess if it was that popular U.S. networks would show it if they thought they could get advertising revenues. I don't know anybody that actually watches it when it is on some non-network channel. Doesn't get sports news coverage either. We have the MSL but no one ever talks about it. You are right about its huge popularity outside the U.S.
https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/mls/standings/
Lol yeah I'm agreeing with you that it's not popular in the U.S. The irony is that it's the most popular sport on the planet. Generally when something has worldwide fame it's typically also popular in the U.S.

Fuck soccer.. make it a full contact sport and i'll watch.. maybe..

On topic.. this thread is basically americans proud of not having the slightest idea of how to convert their units to the units the rest of the world uses..

And yes.. we translate into those dots blind people use and build ramps for people in wheel chairs as well.. no reason to get excited..

I agree if inner city kids starting playing soccer in parks or in public areas like they do in Brazil you'd produce a huge amount of great players.

I think where Americans get confused is they arrume it would be the same guys who are pro in their big sports would be the guys who'd be good at soccer. My take is that you'd have loads of great players, but it probably wouldn't be the same dudes.

There are probably a large amount of undersized football and basketball players that get washed out that would make great soccer players. Problem is it's either not offered as a viable alternative, or they are so into their traditional sports that they don't give it a shot.

I wish a coach had pulled my 135lbs high school self to the side and said "Son, football is not in your future, but with your attributes, you'd make a great soccer player".

giphy.gif

football-dive.gif

3b43036ca3ef4658c883fb62d0b5ba66.gif

200w.gif

DROGBA.gif

zqfOIz.gif

ThinEnviousAztecant-max-1mb.gif

You know what’s dumb? Using your feet for fine motor control. Like if one guy was allowed to pick up the ball and throw it at the goal, he would score like crazy. Because that’s what hands are for.

I just looked up the World Cup bracket. It looks like more games have ended in a draw than a win/loss. Holy crap is this garbage popular? Most of the world is on pretty damn stupid

I agree if inner city kids starting playing soccer in parks or in public areas like they do in Brazil you'd produce a huge amount of great players.

I think where Americans get confused is they arrume it would be the same guys who are pro in their big sports would be the guys who'd be good at soccer. My take is that you'd have loads of great players, but it probably wouldn't be the same dudes.
Yeah I can agree with all of that. Soccer fields would be a little smaller in the inner cities but it'd be better than nothing.

Also there are enough guys that don't make the cut in football or baseball that could turn their focus towards soccer and BAM. The US would be able to split the talent focus and create a higher pool/level in soccer.

Back