Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (First Look at New Superman with New Suit, post #631)

What do you think of the new Superman suit?

• Total voters
WW1984 was rotten to the core, Patty Jenkins is a hack. She had near full reins on that. I remember her blaming the shitty CGI boss thing at the end of WW1 on the DC suits.

They needed to can her ass, glad they did.

I'm surprised to hear about Black Adam though. It was a very flawed but fun film, and even though I don't want a BA sequel, I want to see more of the Rock in the role with a better team of writers. The Rock just can't carry a big budget film by himself, he needs a Kevin Hart-type with him at all times.

I can imagine conflicting egos not getting along behind the scenes too. James Gunn is going to win that one here, and it's probably for the better in the long run.

I think she's great. Probably just needs to branch out some more in her film choices.

So many from that era of SNL were legit: Hader, Sudeikis, Samberg, Forte, Armisen...I'd say Kenan but he transcends eras he's been around so long. Might have been one of the best time periods of the show and a lot of those individuals went onto significant success afterwards which is not often the case. Usually there are one or two breakout people from a particular cast.

As for WW 2, I actually thought Wiig was quite good but it was just the same old Selina Kyle mimicking origin villain story we've seen time and time again and never as good as with Pfeiffer. She and Pascal at had some fun hamming it up. The rest of the movie was a bore as far as I was concerned.

And Pine, who I think is typically awesome in whatever and who had great chemistry with Gadot in the first film, felt so tacked on. It was as though he was completely irrelevant to the rest of the film's narrative.

I think Gadot does a really good job in the role but the fish out of water origin story in the first film was far better material than the be careful what you wish for shenanigans in the sequel.

Also I don't really understand the point of the 80s setting. It's like Jenkins and co. just recognized all the 80s nostalgia what with Stranger Things and It and what not and felt the need to go that route. However, it felt like it was unnecessary. Even the Cold War stuff didn't feel like it fit. That film could have been set in the 90s, the early aughts of the 21st century whenever.

DC is terrible for the most part. Running around like chickens with their heads cut off. No cohesion at all to their movie universe. They've had a few really good movies, but have shit the bed on the rest. Time for a complete reboot. But at this point, I'm pretty much done with them. With the exception of the Pattinson version of Batman, which I'm shocked to be saying. IMO that is the best movie in this genre to come out since Endgame.

WW84 was the perfect example of a film maker being given too much power. Left unfettered, she turned in an absolute shit fest of a movie. Same exact thing happened with Thor Ragnarok.
I was thinking the same thing.

Plus, it reads like Dwayne Johnson was too involved as well (kind of like Ed Norton's Hulk,)

James Gunn taking over there will be a lot of changes for the better imo. Wish they could some how tie-in Reeves Batman but that’s wishful thinking

DC should just give up. LOL
I’m a huge dc fan and I agree. Just focus on making good comics, video games, animated movies and Tv shows for 20 years and then reboot the movies after a long hiatus.

I just hope they keep the plans for a Superman movie, that’s the character that will make or break the new DC movies.

giphy.gif

They should just wrap it up

I thought I liked Kristen Wiig, especially after Bridesmaids. but I realized she plays the same role in almost all of her films.

there is no depth to her film acting.

she essentially is the Chris Rock of women.
(only real acting Chris Rock did was in New Jack City)
The only real acting The Rock has done is Be Cool. Side note, was just reading prior to this thread Black Adam may end up losing a cool 100 mil.

Wonder woman 2 was awful and didn't even see black adam.

The Rock should have been Lobo.
<bball1>

This is good to news IMO

they need to relaunch everything and scrap their shitty eu

build up again keep what they can but get rid of ezra, dwayne and patty
I like dwayne alot and his BA is good, but if he aint gonna play on the team scrap him. just relenting ang letting him throw all sorts of wrenches in the works because he is a name is exactly what got DC into the shitty spot they are at.

hell we dont even need a BA really they could rope in shazam to be the heavy hitter for earth 2 and cavill for earth 1

i dont hate mamoa as aquaman he looks like the gritty aquaman i grew up with not the fruity aquaman from before

but

cmon he was born to play lobo

i really think gun could run with earth 2 storylines the amount of quirky superheros that are not as ran through like the JL main team is a goldmine and it showed in BA that the public wants em.

Not gonna lie I feel bad for The Rock. He seemed really invested in that role.
If Dwayne was genuinely invested in the Black Adam role for the right reason,
1. He should have worn the character's signature hair.
2. He should have at least put on an accent.
3. He should have taken a humble L against Shazam first before doing his ego-driven solo movie.

Back