Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (First Look at New Superman with New Suit, post #631)

What do you think of the new Superman suit?

• Total voters
The best thing about Black Adam was ..... not Black Adam lol

Black Adam was absolute garbage and The Rock might be the worst actor of all time.
d275baca0d0846c1a352be59b0190223_xl.jpg

Update: December 8, 2022

Patty Jenkins Reportedly Walked Away from WONDER WOMAN 3 After Her Pitch Was Rejected by the Studio; Update on MAN OF STEEL 2, Henry Cavill's Cameo on THE FLASH, DC Universe Reboot and More

patty-jenkins-wonder-woman-1984-1200.jpg

Wonder Woman 3
According to those in the know, it was Patty Jenkins who walked away [from Wonder Woman 3] after receiving notes on the treatment she submitted to the studio. Apparently her threequel pitch had character arc problems which rivaled that of Wonder Woman 1984, which despite being impacted at the box office for the worst by closed NYC and LA theaters during Covid and a studio HBO Max day-and-date plan, was panned by critics at 58% Rotten and not a rave with fans with a B+ Cinemascore despite the first one getting an A.

One rival studio executive observed the potential problem in the current DC set-up of having a filmmaker like James Gunn providing notes to an established filmmaker like Jenkins, however, Deadline hears that Warner Bros. Motion Picture chiefs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy had concerns about the treatment before Safran and Gunn weighed in. The group provided notes. Jenkins fought back and defended her vision that the threequel’s character arcs were solid. Jenkins was given the opportunity for another pass, but opted to walk.

While the optics of Wonder Woman 3 not going forward post the killing of Batgirl provides bad optics for the studio, it was never anyone’s intention to be sexist. The hope for another Wonder Woman exists. The question is whether Gadot wants to make it sans Jenkins, and judging from the actress’ tweet two days’ before the explosive DC news, it sounds like the actress wants to stay aboard.

Man of Steel 2
Before Gunn and Safran even arrived, it was De Luca and Abdy’s decision with Johnson, sources tell Deadline, to put Cavill’s Superman at the end of Black Adam to give the dark movie an uplifting, exciting cliffhanger. No regrets there. Cavill is managed by Dany Garcia, who also reps former spouse Johnson. There had been some championing for some time by Cavill’s team for the actor to return as the Man of the Steel.

Cavill, Deadline hears, took it upon himself to announce his return as the Man of Steel on Instagram on Oct. 24, the day before Safran and Gunn were named as heads of DC. De Luca and Abdy before the duo’s arrival heard a pitch from Man of Steel producer Charles Roven and a writer. They didn’t like it and wanted to wait for Safran and Gunn’s plan to come into place. Hence, Man of Steel 2 was never greenlit, didn’t have a director nor was it packaged. Capisce? Man of Steel 2 remains an open slot until the studio hears a better pitch.

But, wait, what about that Flash ending with Cavill? Yes, Cavill shot it, there’s something involving Clark Kent with additional cameos by Supergirl, Aquaman, Wonder Woman in the film. However, the studio right now is sitting on these options until they confer with Safran and Gunn. It remains whether the duo want to do another Ezra Miller led Flash and if they do another Flash, how they’ll tee that up. Miller has been ablaze in the tabloids for a number of run-ins throughout the year, the actor currently battling a liquor burglary theft charge in Vermont. The actor made a public apology for their actions.

Will there be a complete reboot of DC’s core stars? One studio insider tells us, “At no point was there any pre-conceived notions of not continuing with these actors. It all boils down to how The Flash (June 16) and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (Dec. 25) do at the box office.” Not to mention, the studio doesn’t want Gadot to hang up Wonder Woman’s belt.

And Jason Momoa as Lobo? This is mere fan speculation at the time given how the actor looks like the anti-hero. Momoa and Gunn are friends given how the former made a cameo as Aquaman in the latter’s Suicide Squad spinoff HBO Max series The Peacemaker.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/dc-wonder-woman-james-gunn-man-of-steel-1235193778/#comments

Wonder Woman 1984 had so many problems with the story which was co-written by Jenkins. So her walking away from Wonder Woman 3 or that the studio pushed back on her treatment is a good thing as I don't trust her "vision".

if i'm being completely honest I'm excited for DC to do a proper reboot under the guidance of some proven filmmakers who also have a nerdy affinity for comics.
And, as a Marvel fan, its win win. If they nail it I get to see epic movies, and if it fails I get to point and laugh

What!!??....More comic book movies!!??....and DC you say!!??....

<EdgyBrah>

if i'm being completely honest I'm excited for DC to do a proper reboot under the guidance of some proven filmmakers who also have a nerdy affinity for comics.
And, as a Marvel fan, its win win. If they nail it I get to see epic movies, and if it fails I get to point and laugh

<LikeReally5>

Minority opinion but overall WB has done a good job with the DC IP.

I don't watch any of the CW / "Arrowverse" type shows that there is a bunch of them and they have been running for a long long time. Presumably people watch them and they make money.

HBO has done stuff like Titans and Doom Patrol which, again, has run for years and therefore I think that lots of people watch those shows.

The movies have been more hit or miss but even they would be considered more of a success if it was not for the comparison to the MCU. The MCU makes everybody else look bad.

As for the "new DCU", I have my doubts. I like the leadership choices but these sorts of programs are extremely difficult and WB is not stable. Feige has the Disney machine. They set a strategy and do it. WB is drowning in debt and the chances of them lasting a decade without yet another new owner seems small. New owners usually means a re-set.

I am still looking forward to what they come up with, of course, but a 10 year plan seems ambitious.

Wonder Woman 1984 had so many problems with the story which was co-written by Jenkins. So her walking away from Wonder Woman 3 or that the studio pushed back on her treatment is a good thing as I don't trust her "vision".

Lots of self interested parties are going to be leaking their own version of events.

For me, Wonder Woman 1 was great. WW1984 was bad. Jenkins does not do a lot of movies. I really don't know the breadth of her talent, one way or the other. I don't see how a studio should give her a blank check to do whatever she wants

I agree with the sentiments of the majority of the thread that the first movie was great but the second movie was absolute trash.

But Gal Gaddot is now 37, so it'll be a damn tragedy if 1984 is her last appearance as Wonder Woman.

Back