Harry and Meghan on Netflix

People seem to have strong feelings about these 2 but I do not. I am interested in how a Monarchy can still function in 2022.

The British Royal Family is a gilded cage. I can understand why they wanted to leave "the firm"

It is also clear that Meghan was subjected to a lot of racism from the British tabloids (and probably elements of the Monarchy bureaucracy as well)

The most cogent explanation that I have heard regarding the dynamics between Harry and the rest of the Royals is that Harry/Meghan had a really strong media presence but slipped down to like 5th on the call sheet when William had kids. Usually the 5th in the line to the throne (or whatever Harry is now) is mostly a nobody. They get to live in a fancy house and get a relatively modest allowance and try to find some sort of vague public service thing to pass the time. Maybe they get lucky and actually enjoy the cause they represent.

Harry and Meghan had a lot more personal star appeal. Harry was well known because of his mother and her untimely death. Meghan had her own film career. The media is pretty obsessed with both of them.

The Royals seemed unable to devise a system that balanced Harry's emerging lack of importance in terms of succession with Harry/Meghan's star appeal and ambition.

She didn't experience an ounce of racism in the British press. At the start she was lavished with praise and attention at how it was nice to have some diversity (the Royals, apart from the lovely Kate, are an ugly bunch)

What she experienced was a backlash when she started running her mouth off. Her race never entered the conversation except by the those accusing the British of racism, such as the endless articles of the racist Guardian and Independent

Here's what Harry and Meghan had to "endure"

65397025-0-image-a-95_1670537014146.jpg

Probably will watch this, if only nothing else to watch. So the probability is virtually zero.

Can't wait for the King to finally strip these two of titles and reveal Harry's DNA test "you're not even my kid bro, good luck"..
I have a cough anyway but I think this is the first time I've nearly choked reading a post on Sherdog. It would be fucking awesome.

While the US has a large class of celebritys, in the UK almost all that attention is given to this one family..

In recent years, the UK has produced more sports stars than any other country.
In terms of producing global stars in movies and music, the UK in almost certainly the #2 nation.

Anyone watched this yet? It dropped on Netflix last night

{<jordan}

It's about Meghan Merkle, who gave up EVERYTHING she had just so she could be with Harry and live in his unfamiliar world.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you meant this to be sarcastic.

Serious question: do you guys actually find Meghan Markle attractive?

When she was on Suits she was an absolute babe.

Meghan-Markle-news-Pictures-of-Suits-actor-in-first-season-1787293.jpg

But since hooking up with Prince Harry and leaving Suits she's revealed herself to be a manipulative cunt, and a horrible actress in her interviews.

Her beauty was only skin deep.

When she was on Suits she was an absolute babe.

Meghan-Markle-news-Pictures-of-Suits-actor-in-first-season-1787293.jpg

But since hooking up with Prince Harry and leaving Suits she's revealed herself to be a manipulative cunt, and a horrible actress in her interviews.

Her beauty was only skin deep.
I knew nothing about her other than her supposed humanitarian work. I liked that she was mixed race and foreign,it looked like it was bringing the royal family into a more modern era. She's a thunder c though and she's driven such a line through the royals that until Harry comes crawling back licking his wounds won't be healed for years.

Likely the biggest pussy whipping in my time.

Pretty much.

Can't recall anyone in any elite class marrying a 'low born' and betraying his royal family for her.

History won't look back well at Prince Harry.
Thankfully The Queen and Philip didn't have to put up with it. Terrible enough they knew it was coming given their age and ill health.

She didn't experience an ounce of racism in the British press. At the start she was lavished with praise and attention at how it was nice to have some diversity (the Royals, apart from the lovely Kate, are an ugly bunch)

What she experienced was a backlash when she started running her mouth off. Her race never entered the conversation except by the those accusing the British of racism, such as the endless articles of the racist Guardian and Independent

Here's what Harry and Meghan had to "endure"

View attachment 957677
She got a lot of unfair criticism. Kate also got criticism but she choose to stay and weather the attacks. The British tabloid press are angry that Meghan and Harry decided to leave and not put up with the crap.

The Daily Mail has been especially obssessed with demonizing Meghan and Harry. They lost a case against them brought by Harry and Meghan, which only gave them more reason to attack the couple.

I do not think race was the primary factor for the attacks against Meghan. I think the tabloid press just want to stir shit up so they can develop a following who will keep consuming tabloid shite. I also feel Meghan being American is a part of the reason for the hate.

Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton That May Show Why She And Prince Harry Left Royal Life
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Just a few examples below of the way the tabloids reported on Meghan vs. Kate

Back