• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC just lost the lineal HW champion

He might get paid but say he does go to pfl... All anyone will talk about is hypothetical match ups against UFC HWs

I hate mma fighters wanting these boxing fights. They know exactly what will happen and are selling out their dignity smh.

I'm not a big fan either, but I get it. For 20 or 30 million I'd box Tyson Fury while wearing a bikini and clown makeup. I don't know what my dignity is worth, but it's less than 20 mil.

A lot of issues with this post:

1. Don't think the decision win was controversial. It was close, but not controversial. I don't know of anyone who thought Gane won except maybe you

2. Suppose that Gane did expect and prepare for Ngannou to grapple... wouldn't that also mean he wouldn't have "picked up Francis in the stand up" as much? Since he would have devoted more attention and training to grappling instead of striking.

3. You say he was green against Francis but it was literally his second last fight

4. "Wasn't prepared to grapple in a championship MMA bout"

Big moment. Another promotion can step in and say they have the baddest fighter on the planet.

I want Rizin to do it, the yakuza can pay for it.
UFC have a history of not caring about the HW division. I think it is just the division getting back to normal.

Besides Dana White is hoping for Jon Jones to win the belt, so win win in Dana's eyes.

Who is Francis going to fight in any other MMA Org?

Bellator has Bader vs Fedor 2 coming up for theif HW belt. Fedor is 46. He lost the first fight getting koed by a jab* in 30 seconds.

Who is PFL's HW champ?

OneFC? I know it was Brandon Vera for a while. Guy got his face literally broken by a pretty green Jon Jones and then held the One title for years.

What fight could any other org possibly put on in MMA with Ngannou that generates enough revenue to pay the guy millions, unless they just pay him as a "loss leader" and hope the press builds enough interest for the org to grow long term.

The only fights he makes money are boxing. And he would look to me to be pretty under developed technically to box any elite boxers.

I guess an Anthony Joshua fight just as pure spectacle could make some money. AJ did well with ticket sales as champ but doesn't have a title to defend anymore. But I don't see much reason why AJ would take that risk, he isn't hurting for money.

That's the problem really, the boxers who could deliver Ngannou that huge payday are all already wealthy and have nothing to gain fighting Ngannou. AJ, Wilder, Fury... all have had 8 figure paydays.

Andy Ruiz is supposed to fight a WBC title eliminator, the WBC wants Ruiz vs Wilder which would then set up that winner vs Fury, the reigning WBC champ.

Boxing fans want Fury vs Usyk, though that is unlikely with boxing politics.

Maybe Ngannou already has something up his sleeve.

maybe it was a hook, i forget, it wasnt a BOMB, it was a tap

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan either, but I get it. For 20 or 30 million I'd box Tyson Fury while wearing a bikini and clown makeup. I don't know what my dignity is worth, but it's less than 20 mil.
For 20 or 30 million I would let Tyson Fury rape my ass on ppv. There are few things I would not do for 20 or 30 million, as long as I'm alive after the fact and reasonable healthy to enjoy my money.

If Gane wins the "title" there is absolutely zero way for UFC to claim they have the "baddest man on the planet" or "best HW". Funnier since Blaydes might be getting a title shot and he's 0-2 against Francis.
Stipe is 1-1against Francis, and UFC could spin it as Stipe dominated him for five rounds, while Francis “caught” him in the rematch

Also, the Gane fight was very close, and let’s not bring up the black beast debacle. Not at all obvious that Francis is the best heavyweight in the world.

Fans won't care they will go with Dana's bullshit(including some retards here) that Francis was scared of decision machine Jon Jones.

Ngannou vs Gane was the most hyped HW fight in years and sold 300k.

I doubt they care that much.
Then why did they offer him more money than any other heavyweight is UFC history? Why not just offer him the same contract as the one he had before if they didn’t care?

I think Francis is gonna find out he's not that hot of a commodity without the UFC hype machine behind him.
Especially when Tyson Fury is actively boxing and has no time for Frank

Ngannou highest PPV event of his career got 380k PPV buys. Fucking Tim Sylvia vs Arlovski did more than that back in 2005.

Francis needed that JJ fight to make him a star and give him the leverage. Nobody on this planet gives a shit he beat Stipe Miocic 3 years ago.

He is not a draw he thinks he is, sadly, and i believe he became even less relevant now that hes not UFCs HW champion.

He can probably be on dancing with the stars someday though...

Yep, his promoter sucked. The fact the UFC couldn't make him a star with his presence, his backstory, etc. is pathetic.

Glad Francis fired them.

they'll wait for ngannou to lose and say he was never any good anyway

promoters are liars, and the ufc are more than anything a promotion

:D

If Gane wins the "title" there is absolutely zero way for UFC to claim they have the "baddest man on the planet" or "best HW". Funnier since Blaydes might be getting a title shot and he's 0-2 against Francis.
Gane vs Ngannou was a close fight. They could just say Gane "should" have won

Just wondering what makes you think Francis is worth that?
One wants to break into the American market, where Ngannou is known and in the division Americans love most.

FYI, 10 million of revenue isn't that much, that's selling 250,000 PPVs at 80 bucks.

I hope to see Ngannou KO’d by Jake Paul in boxing one day. It shouldn’t be that far off, he’s getting old

Back