UFC just lost the lineal HW champion

Big moment. Another promotion can step in and say they have the baddest fighter on the planet.

I want Rizin to do it, the yakuza can pay for it.
Rizin would be awesome actually, he could even box there and he'd get paid like crazy. They just acquired Manny Pacquiao for goodness sake. Lol

Lineal champs meant something in boxing, where the titles existed long before the organizations. That's not the case in mma, it's the UFC's belt and they can wrap it around whoever they choose. Perhaps if Ngannou was a big name outside the mma world it might mean something.

You act as if post surgery, weight gain, Nnjitsugano is invincible.

There is a very easy line of arguing against your thoughts

Lineal champs meant something in boxing, where the titles existed long before the organizations. That's not the case in mma, it's the UFC's belt and they can wrap it around whoever they choose. Perhaps if Ngannou was a big name outside the mma world it might mean something.
Of course they can wrap it around CM Punk if they want, wont stop most fight fans from considering him a paper champ.

He needs to go to One FC. Then they would have two goats. Demetrious and Ngannou.

So? A contract can be worth $8 million and still be a poor value.
It's not. Specially when the guy didn't even check what the other companies are offering him beforehand. I listened to him on Ariel's and at first it sounds like he's a fucking hero but when Helwani started to dig in a little it was obvious he doesn't have a plan.

He asked for a three fight deal, no extensions. The UFC refused that perfectly reasonable offer. And you still wanna say it's not the UFC's fault lol.

Not that simple, he also asked for health care insurance for all UFC fighters especially the guys on 10/10 contracts. You know how much money would cost UFC? Not saying it's not a noble goal of his but it's far from reasonable.

It's not. Specially when the guy didn't even check what the other companies are offering him beforehand. I listened to him on Ariel's and at first it sounds like he's a fucking hero but when Helwani started to dig in a little it was obvious he doesn't have a plan.
I do agree on only negotiating with the UFC first was a bad move. But again, $8 million sounds impressive, but is a shit payday for a 1 million buy megafight. Hence he is gambling on landing a boxing match with one of the big three HWs.
Not that simple, he also asked for health care insurance for all UFC fighters especially the guys on 10/10 contracts. You know how much money would cost UFC? Not saying it's not a noble goal of his but it's far from reasonable.
He also said this was pretty much just a for the heck of it ask, not a breaking point. For the record, I actually do think health insurance and pensions are economically impossible in mma.

I do agree on only negotiating with the UFC first was a bad move. But again, $8 million sounds impressive, but is a shit payday for a 1 million buy megafight. Hence he is gambling on landing a boxing match with one of the big three HWs.

He also said this was pretty much just a for the heck of it ask, not a breaking point. For the record, I actually do think health insurance and pensions are economically impossible in mma.
Actually I think he mentioned something about focusing on mma and then do the boxing on his way out but I could be mistaken.
Trolling aside I wish him the best, but yeah, at this point I would think it would have been in his best interest to have already layed out his options before shit got to this point. In any case, he's not going back to the sand mines lol

<{hughesimpress}>Haven’t cared about the HW division since Pride died

Big moment. Another promotion can step in and say they have the baddest fighter on the planet.

I want Rizin to do it, the yakuza can pay for it.
Lineal UFC championship becomes vacant when Ngannou leaves the organization.

Same way the lineal welterweight and middleweight championships don't belong to GSP -- when he retired, they became vacant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back