Law Democrats introduce constitutional amendment to reverse Citizens United

Funny they don’t seem to be the least bit concerned in legal loopholes that adversely affect Americans in any other respect.

Some legislation to curtail while they had the ability.

To curtail what exactly?

You understand that Citizens United was a Supreme Court decision? There are already a ton of laws regulating campaign finance but the ability for corporations to spend unlimited money is constitutionally protected free speech according to the Supreme Court and that can't be changed through legislation.

To curtail what exactly?

You understand that Citizens United was a Supreme Court decision? There are already a ton of laws regulating campaign finance but the ability for corporations to spend unlimited money is constitutionally protected free speech according to the Supreme Court and that can't be changed through legislation.
To curtail what exactly?

Well I guess give up then and continue to vie for a constitutional amendment...cause that'll do it.

A constitutional amendment? Lol.

I covered in another thread that these things are so pointless outside of later fundraising ads.

Well yeah, it seems like a pretty good point to drive home doesn't it?

The GOP has for 10 years straight refused to get unlimited corporate money out of politics when it's completely in their power to do so.

The GOP has for 10 years straight refused to get unlimited corporate money out of politics when it's completely in their power to do so.
I'm the wrong person on this one because I think Citizens United is correct. I get the arguments why people think otherwise, I just think they're wrong.

An amendment that literally takes money of the pockets of the people voting on it? Yeah that shit ain't going anywhere.

Its ironic because the GOP is largely being outspent in most big races now.

Its ironic because the GOP is largely being outspent in most big races now.

I mean they're clearly a minority in the country and dwindling. If not for gerrymandering and the electoral college, they would not even be a political force at all. They haven't won a popular vote in our entire life and that's with historic levels of political apathy.

The one thing the GOP fears more than everything is every adult actually deciding to vote.

Why do democrats keep falling for the empty actions of their leadership?

I mean they're clearly a minority in the country and dwindling. If not for gerrymandering and the electoral college, they would not even be a political force at all. They haven't won a popular vote in our entire life and that's with historic levels of political apathy.

The one thing the GOP fears more than everything is every adult actually deciding to vote.

The GOP obviously sucks but there is no good world where a majority of people should vote or ought to.

Citizens United is one of the great moral panics by Dem’s. Years after, it has lead to a wave of populist politicians that make it to the national stage with no money besides grassroots fundraising. So much for oligarchs controlling the political process.

Do you support the sentiment or are you for unlimited dark money controlling politics?
I’m actually in favor of a bunch of globalist corporations owning our government.

Back