Crime Tyre Nichols video to be released soon. 5 Memphis cops fired and charged with murder for his death

Its the police chief that hyped up the release of the bodycam footage as 'worse than Rodney King' and releasing it on a Friday night? That's not incompetence, that's practically begging for riots to break out across the nation on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.
When would you release it? Friday night is about the best time you can release something. People are home, schools are closed, business and commercial areas are empty. It's also when media will be least avaible.

Also I think saying it's worse than Rodney King was just an attempt to show sensitivity because yeah, it's worse.

It’s all gonna depend on department policy. Some agencies have very liberal policies when it comes to use of the taser.

My dept, if I tased someone for not giving up their hands and I couldn’t articulate they may have had a weapon, or some other fact of why that was a dangerous position for me, I’d be in serious trouble.
Did you agree with that philosophy?

What does the "justice for Tyre" mean that rioters are demanding?

They're going to have to be more specific, because the officers have already been charged, and demands they had before that officers "reflect the race of the communities they're policing" seems to have backfired here big time. All 5 cops are black and the police chief is a black woman, so it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot for them to demand here.

Just another excuse to violence & death.

That's all this is.
That's all any of these situations are or have ever been.
These rioters didn't know Tyre Nichols, or care about what happened to him.

Its all an excuse to cause chaos.

That's all this is.

Rioters? Sure. The protesters? They absolutely care. Unless you think people are just going to go spend hours twiddling their thumbs in a crowd during winter. Justice for Tyre means plenty of things, and you'll see some tangible improvements. How much or if it will be enough is a different question.

They’re pummeling Tire’s face and head while also trying to get his hands behind his back.

Sorry, there’s not a person on earth that isn’t going to instinctively try and shield their face/head from being bludgeoned. The officers were further enraged by that instinctual self-preservation and saw it as resisting.

I don't see where the guy was resisting arrest? I just saw the cops being super aggressive from the start. And then get him down where he is trying to comply while they're beating the crap out of him. They could have easily cuffed him then and there.

Then he is stood back up and they start haymakering him in the face. He only ran after being repeatedly beaten - probably in a panic. I don't consider that "resisting."

Is that how it happened? They kicked him in the head twice, before he could even obey orders? Didn’t look like that to me.

Also, didn’t the cops already have reason to be amped up for his lack of pulling over? I think there’s more to the story than we’re seeing as of right now.

Who cares if they are "amped up"

They beat a defenseless man to death.

This wasn't a few shots to the ribs or hitting a dudes head against the door while putting him the back of a cruiser.

This was 5 cops, all with a massive size advantage beating a defenseless man to death. You can't spin this one man.

When would you release it?

NOT ON A FUCKING FRIDAY NIGHT.

Friday night is about the best time you can release something. People are home, schools are closed, business and commercial areas are empty. It's also when media will be least avaible.

This isn't a 'Friday News Dump' story that will be forgotten by Monday. This has the potential to be the next George Floyd, if only a fraction of the 2 billion in property damage and 30 deaths in the riots that incident caused.

As I said, the potential rioters now have Friday Night (currently), and all of Saturday and Sunday. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as dangerous to release it this monday when kids are at school and people at work, and the rage would die down by next Friday.

Also I think saying it's worse than Rodney King was just an attempt to show sensitivity because yeah, it's worse.

Its all about hype. Marketing.

'Are you gonna watch it? Its worse than Rodney King.'

She could have just said it would be released in the near future, with no specific time or date. Now the riot organizers had time to plan for maximum chaos.

Qualified Immunity = Blue Line Gang

When cops are 99.99% immune from consequences they have no reason to NOT violate your rights.

That's what it comes down to at the end of the day more than race and class or what other societal division.

Accountability. One side isn't being held accountable and it's showing with the rampant abuse of power.

Agree.
What you see here, is near unilateral disgust and disbelief at what these officers did to that guy.
They’ve been fired and officially charged with murder.

What the fuck is there to protest?

Justice is already steaming full speed ahead in this unfortunate situation.

worldburn-top.jpg

That's all this is.

Rioters? Sure. The protesters? They absolutely care. Unless you think people are just going to go spend hours twiddling their thumbs in a crowd during winter. Justice for Tyre means plenty of things, and you'll see some tangible improvements. How much or if it will be enough is a different question.

'Improvements.'

Like more training?

What the cops did they knew were wrong in the moment, and their actions were far beyond police procedure. Cops aren't robots that need to be re-programmed. This is a failure of these specific cops, not cops as a whole.

'Justice for Tyre' will be a call for political action to weaken police departments, in an era which violent crime is on the rise, cops are demonized & departments are having great difficulty in recruiting.

Who the fuck would want to become a cop in this political climate?

'Improvements.'

Like more training?

What the cops did they knew were wrong in the moment, and their actions were far beyond police procedure. Cops aren't robots that need to be re-programmed. This is a failure of these specific cops, not cops as a whole.

'Justice for Tyre' will be a call for political action to weaken police departments, in an era which violent crime is on the rise, cops are demonized & departments are having great difficulty in recruiting.

If problems with "specific cops" that keeps happening over and over, then there is a problem with cops as a whole.

I don't know how any US citizen can be upset with more accountability and checks and balance for law enforcement.

As I said, the potential rioters now have Friday Night (currently), and all of Saturday and Sunday. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as dangerous to release it this monday when kids are at school and people at work, and the rage would die down by next Friday.
Monday is more dangerous. It means you have everyone trying to get to and fro while navigating a hypothetical protest or unrest. You realize the police dept is the ones who wanted it released Friday night right?
'Improvements.'

Like more training?

I guarantee you more instances of abuse frl. Scorpion will surface. The unit is doa going forward. There is no other way to describe not 1, not 2, but 5 sociopaths working together as anything but a systemic failure. That doesn't happen randomly.

That's all this is.

Agreed. Why would they release the footage on Friday at sundown? Why not Monday and sunrise? They want problems.

The man clearly was murdered by a bunch of criminals who deserve the full weight of the law.

Just watched the video again before bed. Hopefully the rioters go after the right people and buildings. Hope they make enough of a point to deter these guy from being able to do it again. That would be the dream.

Agreed. Why would they release the footage on Friday at sundown? Why not Monday and sunrise? They want problems.

The man clearly was murdered by a bunch of criminals who deserve the full weight of the law.
Because Monday sunrise means you strand commuting workers in downtown areas and also snark traffic response. Not to mention you will have less staffing on a Monday vs weekends. You will also be giving people all day to respond, as opposed to giving then a few hours before bedtime.

Do you seriously think the police chief, who is at the risk of losing their job, is trying to cause any further damage?

If problems with "specific cops" that keeps happening over and over, then there is a problem with cops as a whole.

There's 325,000 cops in the entire country.
What percentage of them are bad?
How about the ones that do their jobs in practical war zones? Get wound up after years on the job and are about to crack?
Its impossible to determine which ones are going to crack until they crack.

I don't know how any US citizen can be upset with more accountability and checks and balance for law enforcement.

More non-specific key words that's going to fix everything...

'Accountability.'
'Checks and balances.'

That only effects one side of the war on crime, the good guys that are supposed to help avoid chaos. Meanwhile, the other side is being catered to with political movements to lower prison sentences.

Meanwhile, the arsonist that set fire to an NYPD patrol car is convicted and sentenced... to 1 year in prison.

https://www.aol.com/news/attorney-helped-firebomb-nypd-car-142139225.html

Officers pulled over Nichols, a 29-year-old black man, on Jan. 7.

Authorities in Tennessee are preparing for the release of police officer body cam footage of Tyre Nichols, a 29-year-old Black man who died three days after a traffic stop on Jan. 7.

Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn Davis gave an address Wednesday evening and called Nichols’ death "heinous, reckless and inhumane," cautioning people not to react violently after seeing the footage.

"This is not just a professional failing. This is a failing of basic humanity towards another individual," Davis said, saying the five officers and others who were involved in his death "failed our community, and they failed the Nichols family. That is beyond regrettable."

I saw someone on the news say the video is worst than the Rodney King beating. Sure sounds like it if all 5 cops have been fired and charged with 2nd degree murder before the video has even been released. They say he was tasered and beaten to where a bone was sticking through his skin. The video is supposed to be released tomorrow.

It was probably the more light skinned one. That racist blood.

Back