• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira opens up as the underdog in his upcoming quadrilogy vs Israel Adesanya

Fair odds?

• Total voters
I think Alex will make it more convincing this time around. Last time it was a competitive fight with Izzy up on the scorecards. This was the first time Alex faced a very high level striker in mma. He faced many in kickboxing, but mma in a cage is very different with the gloves, angles, etc. I think he learned a lot from his last fight and will be better the second time around. I think those power shots will come earlier this time.

Fine adjustments. He can definitely do it. He is the superior MMA fighter in my humble opinion.

I get it. Izzy was about to coast his way to a decision win before he got finished. If he stuck to the wrestling he used in the earlier rounds perhaps he would have survived to the end while being up 3-2.

With that said. I think Izzy loses again and in a much more definitive fashion.

I’d put it the opposite. Even though he’s 3-0, I don’t think it’s a given he win’s necessarily. He should be a slight favorite.

Thing is, Alex can finish Izzy at any time, and Izzy probably can't. I make this an even fight, all things considered.

I get it. I haven’t seen the KB fights. But according to people who have the decision was very close. And maybe Izzy might have deserved to win.

The second fight Izzy was supposedly winning on the cards til he got KTFO.

The mma fight. I did see that. And Izzy was winning on the cards until the last round TKO.

I think it’s kind of like betting on the flip of a coin. You keep calling Heads, and go dbl or nothing every bet. Heads will come up sooner or later.

Maybe not the best analogy. But close enough for Rock and Roll.

It really is a coin flip, imo. Izzy wins on points. Or Alex knocks him silly again. Pick one, because one seems just as likely to happen as the other one.

I just wonder about Izzy’s mental state right now. Alex keeps taking everything away that Izzy has worked for.. Three fucking times now. I could see dismissing the KB fights. But mma was supposed to be where Izzy had more experience, etc. But Alex took his undefeated streak at MW away. And took his belt too. That has to suck for Izzy. Especially after he shot his mouth off about Alex in the favela. NEVER give your opponent bulletin board material. A lot of times it bites you in the ass.

As bad as this looks, Alex would have(even in the same round) and did recover, that’s this whole gimmick, he’s incredibly durable, beyond CTE levels.
Strickland landed well in Alex until he slept. Bruno landed many bombs, rinse and repeat
<WhoJeff>

"Someone's going to have to come get me to take me to the corner" -Poatan Pereira

He's not 3-0, he's 1-0, this is mma, their kickboxing fights are irrelevant

It's pretty flawed logic and betting odds since rocking Alex was the second time izzy couldn't put Alex away after rocking him.

Alex on the other hand has actually and provingly put izzy away, either out cold laying on the ground or beat up mercilously on the feet..
Pereira had 15 seconds for the ref to step in after Izzy was rocked. The ref stepped in to save Pereira after 1-2 seconds.

Pereira had 15 seconds for the ref to step in after Izzy was rocked. The ref stepped in to save Pereira after 1-2 seconds.
Where was that same offense from izzy during the rest of the rounds? He failed to set Alex up properly when it really counted, during the beginning and middle of the rounds.

Alex capitlized once he smelled blood by creating a momentum shift.

Where was that same offense from izzy during the rest of the rounds? He failed to set Alex up properly when it really counted, during the beginning and middle of the rounds.

Alex capitlized once he smelled blood by creating a momentum shift.
meh. They both rocked each other badly once. Just unfortunate for Izzy the bell rang,

<WhatItIs>

Alex has the chance to be a double champ in kickboxing and MMA. The man is a walking combat sports legend. Anyone stuck on “Izzy was winning” needs therapy for their butt pain.

So much this.

Copium or...

Facts..

Did Izzy not catch Alex in the first round? Which would be the first 5 mins ..(at the exact 5 min mark at that)...any earlier that happened Alex would of lost in the first round by KTFO

And

Did Alex not catch Izzy in the 5th round...? I believe he did. .

So again Facts homie... It is what it is

View attachment 965192

Fact Izzy got KTFO.

Back under your rock Troll.

I think it should be closer than that, but either being a slight favorite isn't the oddsmakers doing a mistake since they were pretty evenly matched in their most recent fight.

I gotta say this fight is happening way sooner than I thought it would which now makes me favor Alex here.
It has been only two months since their last fight and now Izzy will only have about two months to properly prepare for this fight, overall that's not a lot of time. I know he didn't take a ton of damage in that last fight and was winning on the cards, however Pereira will most likely make the better adjustments here due to him knowing everything Izzy has to offer now within MMA.

This is going to be a much more dangerous version of Pereira here IMO and he'll be going up against an Izzy that we don't where he's at mentally.
Izzy could be going in here being too hesitant due to him wanting to avoid staying in the pocket or he might be overconfident in his gameplan because of how the last was playing out before the finish, either way Pereira seems to have the mental edge here.

Hopefully Izzy's team stop having that drama that was surrounded around their last camp and are able to prepare him for this one properly(btw I'm not making an excuse here for Izzy, I don't think this had an impact on the previous result), if not this might end bad for Izzy.
Tbh while Izzy definitely deserves a rematch, I think a tune up or two would've really helped him here to get himself back in check and work on his craft. Fight guys like Muniz, Dolidze or Du Plessis and then have a rematch, Izzy's active so it's not like the Pereira fight is going anywhere.

@drbolony what's your take on this fight and how soon it is?
Not much to say man, as you said, too soon.

You know what I think he needs to do, and that takes time. To me it seems like Izzy got pressured into this with Alex talking about other opponents. Let's hope (for Izzy fans) that he knows something I don't. I'm rolling with boy till the wheels fall off regardless, LFG!
giphy.gif

Izzy almost finished him at the end of an early Rd. And the stoppage was a tad early

I think it's an even fight, so slight here or there is fair. On points Izzy is the favorite, but just slightly because Alex can do more damage. But, it's 5 rounds, and he won't hurt Izzy constantly, so Izzy can rack up points. Izzy can stop Alex, but Alex is more likely to stop him.

I give Adesanya a good chance, because Pereira is hesitant with the power shot output. Can cut him off, but often doesn't let his hands go, even if the shots are there. And he has the advantage when both throw.

It's pretty simple: Alex is only 1-0 against Izzy in MMA. This 3-0 shit you guys keep saying is dumb because you're including kickboxing which is not MMA.

In MMA I would make Izzy the favorite because he was handling Alex pretty easily until the last minute. This time he will be careful all the way through and win a wide decision.
It really is that simple. I think the odds are pretty fair

Back