News Alex Pereira opens up as the underdog in his upcoming quadrilogy vs Israel Adesanya

Fair odds?

• Total voters
mma noob alex pressured him to death and finished him
he will finish him sooner next time and some of you can always argue well izzy was winning every fight
then he's gonna move to LHW and MW division will live under his shadow as izzy becomes champ again

If it helps you sleep better at night then keep believing Adesanya was 'winning pretty easily untill the last minute'.

The reality is he struggled with Poatant the entire fight even during the rounds he was winning. From getting his legs damaged from all those checks, to being unable to gain any meaningful positions with the takedowns he btw got because of Alex, to constantly backing up straight and taken in by panic whenever Alex was finding the mark with his shots.

This next rematch things will be even harder for Adesanya, as Poatan will be even more ready for this MMA fight and not make the same mistakes, like letting up in the closing seconds of the first round or letting Adesanya take top control.
Exactly
Lol at anyone thinking izzy had it easy with Alex until finish.Every time Alex hit him Izzy felt it bad

Every fight they've had has been very close or Izzy winning up until the very end, so I get the odds. But Alex should be the betting fav imo. Now, Izzy can absolutely win this. He needs to be more aggressive in the middle rounds when Alex slows down. If make a lot more out of the grappling exchanges (much more gnp and subs) then he may very well put him away or synch the decision.

Gut says under 5 rounds, Alex. Full 5, Izzy

It’s funny how a guy can beat someone 3 times and still be the underdog?
And yes Izzy was winning until he wasn’t.

No. Alex looked terrible in all of his razor thin fights againts Izzy. Theres hope

So far it’s 3-0 Poatan

Who should be the favorite in your opinion and why?

I bet someone 5k that the closing Pinny line would be - on Pereira. Not a great open for me, but it's early and there can still be significant movement from here.
Just seems wild that he finished Izzy last fight, and beat him 3 times total in combat sports, and could be an underdog going in to the 4th fight.
I say this as someone who bet on Izzy in the 3rd fight. And yes I realize the first was a v close decision, know all the history, etc..

It's pretty simple: Alex is only 1-0 against Izzy in MMA. This 3-0 shit you guys keep saying is dumb because you're including kickboxing which is not MMA.

In MMA I would make Izzy the favourite because he was handling Alex pretty easily until the last minute. This time he will be careful all the way through and win a wide decision.
izzy was scoring points and had opportunity to finish the fight at the end of the first round which didn't happen.
apart from that fight was competitive and fighter like alex is always one punch away from ending the fight for full 5 rounds.
in order to win izzy need to fight perfect fight and win a decision. alex need to find opportunity to land that knockout blow

it will be competitive again, my money will be on alex by tko again

I guess some make predictions solely based on records, some look at the fights to analyse the performances. Whatever happened in kick-boxing is almost irrelevant, and being a minute away from winning a 5 round fight by UD carries more weight than losing by KO in the final minute.

To me it’s a coin toss, Pereira may need 1 round or 5 rounds to find that chin, or Adesanya might be a bit more cautious and not dominate but win most rounds decisively. If I had to bet it’s on the guy who was winning the most rounds so I’m predicting Adesanya will win. Pereira is too one dimensional if Adesanya uses some more grappling to win a boring decision.

Copium or...

Facts..

Did Izzy not catch Alex in the first round? Which would be the first 5 mins ..(at the exact 5 min mark at that)...any earlier that happened Alex would of lost in the first round by KTFO

And

Did Alex not catch Izzy in the 5th round...? I believe he did. .

So again Facts homie... It is what it is

View attachment 965192
Firstly, would have. Cretin. Facts. Look into it.

Why ginormous amounts of copium?

You are trying to claim victory for the guy who is oh and 3 and doesn't have a single victory in this head to head because he landed a good punch or two. Its embarrassing and deluded.

That's izys problem.

His sus antics vs Costa. He plays paddy cake. He tried it and got KTFO.
That play it safe nonsense led to the stoppage. He could clown the division. No Alex.
Pat a cake
Pat a cake
Pat a cake

There is no paddy cake

It's not an Irish cake made be leprechauns

All I know is this fight is going to be make or break for @VOTE for Dreyga2000 ’s enjoyment of this platform.

Either he gets the sweetest revenge in all of Sherdog history. Or he gets mercilessly trolled and @Ed at every meantion of Izzy or Alex.

I’m pulling for you Dreyga!

* could have
.because he was in the middle of a fire fight and they likely didnt hear a thing ...like the bell ..hence why the ref had to jump in harms way...

Izzy wasn't compromised at that point in the fight and he was clearly the faster..sharper fighter...i believe he could of caught him earlier or again if the leg kicks didnt start paying off for Alex...

But thus is life. ..

Thing is, Alex can finish Izzy at any time, and Izzy probably can't. I make this an even fight, all things considered.

To be honest that is starting to look like an issue.

I do think as well that actually the last fight may have been Izzy's best chance, Alex was still greener to MMA and made mistakes he could exploit.

Odds really though are not the bookies opinion on potential results there just a reflecting/prediction of who they think people will bet on.

It's pretty simple: Alex is only 1-0 against Izzy in MMA. This 3-0 shit you guys keep saying is dumb because you're including kickboxing which is not MMA.

In MMA I would make Izzy the favorite because he was handling Alex pretty easily until the last minute. This time he will be careful all the way through and win a wide decision.

Also in kickboxing should have been 1:1
It was one of the most horrible robberies

If these guys knew everything they would be billionaires
Guess what, they dont. And they work in shitty websites making shitty money
So, no, i dont give a shit about their predictions
Alex will KO izzy faster this time, Within 3 rounds.
I hope they bring Mario yamasaki for this one, so theres no crying

I thought the odds would be about even for this fight.

So far it’s 3-0 Poatan

Who should be the favorite in your opinion and why?

well odds are just the odds. I don't pay them TOO much attention.

But....In my opinion, Alex Pereira should be the favorite.
I think with Glover's attention (he has said he will be devoting himself even more now to training and developing Pereira) that Glover will be working on Pereira's ground game and strategy and tactics and gameplan and also cardio as he clearly tired during their 5 round fight.

So...literally Pereira is MUCH earlier on his upwards curve as an MMA fighter.
Adesanya is MUCH further along that developmental line and has likely already plateau'd, more or less.

With every week that passes, Pereira will be getting noticeably better at MMA and he has very very experienced tutors so....i do expect him to win again in April.

that's my take.

Edit : @SamuraiBro and others said a similar thing as bit earlier. But yes,.....this!

Back