Does Adesanya have to beat Poatan 4 times now?

They are completely different.
It’s also worth noting both fighters have a base in striking, and fought stand up for most of the mma fight. Adesanya was knocked out with strikes similarly in two different sports. The sports are different yes, but the way these guys fight each other in those two sports is very similar, even with the rules of mma.

Izzy wins twice and he'd still be losing 3-2. We talked about Fig vs Moreno 4 being a lot but we live in a reality where there could be a Izzy vs Alex 5

It’s also worth noting both fighters have a base in striking, and fought stand up for most of the mma fight. Adesanya was knocked out with strikes similarly in two different sports. The sports are different yes, but the way these guys fight each other in those two sports is very similar, even with the rules of mma. Your one sentence answer is diminutive at best.
With these two particular fighters the fights might look similar, but they are still very different sports.

Who knows what the rematch will look like? Adesanya had some success wrestling Pereira, which in turn changes the striking dynamic.

It will likely be a competitive fight(like all the others), but Adesanya certainly doesn't need to win 4 MMA fights in a row to win the series.

Pereira won the kickboxing series 2-0(although the first decision was questionable)

Pereira is up 1-0 in the MMA series(although he was a minute away from losing a clear decision)

If Adesanya wins in decisive fashion, the series is tied 1-1, and Adesanya has the momentum.

I appreciate the kickboxing matches for their competitiveness but mostly disregard those outcomes, as mma is completely different. The first mma fight was so entertaining. As a fan of both, I hope I.A. wins the next one in another competitive battle. It would guarantee a UFC trilogy, and we as fans would get to enjoy yet another fight between the 2.

I appreciate the kickboxing matches for their competitiveness but mostly disregard those outcomes, as mma is completely different. The first mma fight was so entertaining. As a fan of both, I hope I.A. wins the next one in another competitive battle. It would guarantee a UFC trilogy, and we as fans would get to enjoy yet another fight between the 2.
^^^^^^^This guy gets it

Gotcha, so kickboxing, bjj, wrestling, etc never takes place in the cage. lmao
I don't think you actually understand what MMA is. All of those martial arts can be used to win an MMA match.

They are also all distinctly different than MMA.

Kickboxing is not MMA. MMA is not kickboxing.

yup you very much hope that if Adesanya wins (after losing 3 fights in various combats against Pereira) then he won't have to fight Poatan again any time soon. Your extreme bias continues to be very obvious.

Huh?

What did I say that was wrong?

If Izzy beats Alex, there shouldn't be an immediate rematch. Izzy is getting one since he was a long reigning champ. Alex isn't a long reigning champ.

They could do another match down the line, but the next move should just be to let the division move again and have someone else get a TS. And Alex can then prove he can actually hang against elite MMA fighters that aren't ideal stylistic match ups for him.

Back