Makhachev Broke Volkanovski

Where do you get 95%? Even the judges gave Volk 2 rounds and the third ( 2nd round ) was debatable.
If 95% of damage was in the 5th round, why did the judges not score it a 10-8 round? They should have and then the fight would have been a draw.
2 rounds out of 5...means he lost.
This shit shouldn't even be a discussion.

Ha ha, cool man - deny reality.
This is why Pride was better - damage, aggressiveness, effort to finish the fight.

Makhachev still would have won under PRIDE rules.

He dropped Volkanovski to a knee in this first round, staggered him with a left hook in the second that visibly wobbled him, and cut him open with a knee in the fifth round that caused a big cut to open around Volkanovski's left eye.

Makhachev ducked into the right hand that "dropped him" in the fifth round he was in the midst of a level change. It was technically a knockdown but its debatable whether or not it would have had the same effect if he was standing totally upright when it landed. Still that one big moment doesn't erase the first four rounds where he had virtually no meaningful offense.

Round 4 was funny.

All he can do is shout "les go , les go" and does small taps to Islam's forehead thus outstriking and everyone's yelling Volk outsrike Mak.

And all Islam could do was hold on for dear life. Was too afraid to strike or even attempt a sub lol.

Islam & Alex went for dinner after the fight and broke bread together.

I don’t understand how someone could have such an opinion. To me, Islam was the broken fighter by the end of the 5th. Had there been more time, it looked as though Volk was taking over…..

Volkanovski lost nearly all of the striking exchanges, had no case for winning, and was absolutely mentally broken by Makhachev after getting taken down in the fourth round. He doesn’t appear to handle power all that well at 155 nor does he appear able to deal with the threat of the takedown without having his offense effectively muted. The commentators said largely the exact same thing during the fight.

Volkanovski survived the fight but was unable to initiate meaningful offense due to the threat of the takedown. It is wild to see how many genuinely believe Volkanovski fought good when he did nothing but survive the entire fight. During the fourth round, while trapped in a body triangle, he was yelling at Makhachev and his corner instead of trying to escape and get back to his feet; having lost at least two of the first three rounds. If that’s not breaking your opponent what is?

I wonder if the folks pretending Volkanovski won are really just fans who unnecessarily trashed him after his fights with Max? Now they are trashing Makhachev and his triumph over Volkanovski in a perpetual cycle of clownish behavior.
I was there and it was amazing, the crowd and Volk thought he won the fight at the end of the fifth, he was not broken at all but enamoured if anything!

This must be one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this forum ever. Even people that think Islam won could see that Volk was never broken and could’ve gone another few rounds. He’s a lil monster.

This is a pretty shit take. It is on the opposite spectrum of Volk dominating the fight.

It was a competitive fight with Volk getting stronger as Islam faded slightly in the 5th. Islam won the fight though within that 25 min limit.

Makhachev ducked into the right hand that "dropped him" in the fifth round he was in the midst of a level change. It was technically a knockdown but its debatable whether or not it would have had the same effect if he was standing totally upright when it landed. Still that one big moment doesn't erase the first four rounds where he had virtually no meaningful offense.

This is a really bad take. Must be a troll.

Volkanovski lost nearly all of the striking exchanges, had no case for winning, and was absolutely mentally broken by Makhachev after getting taken down in the fourth round. He doesn’t appear to handle power all that well at 155 nor does he appear able to deal with the threat of the takedown without having his offense effectively muted. The commentators said largely the exact same thing during the fight.

Volkanovski survived the fight but was unable to initiate meaningful offense due to the threat of the takedown. It is wild to see how many genuinely believe Volkanovski fought good when he did nothing but survive the entire fight. During the fourth round, while trapped in a body triangle, he was yelling at Makhachev and his corner instead of trying to escape and get back to his feet; having lost at least two of the first three rounds. If that’s not breaking your opponent what is?

I wonder if the folks pretending Volkanovski won are really just fans who unnecessarily trashed him after his fights with Max? Now they are trashing Makhachev and his triumph over Volkanovski in a perpetual cycle of clownish behavior.
You clearly have not seen the fight. In the final couple of minutes Volk was on top raining down strikes. Give the round another minute and volk might have won via tko. Good troll attempt though.

Islam definitely won the fight but he didn't break Volk. Very close fight

Broken?
You know Volk was screaming at him in R4 "Submit me! Come on!"

f64c63bf-897e-41b2-a55c-2e581accba47-jpeg.968193

I just saw a poll on youtube with thousands of Votes and it was 48% for Volk winning to 41 % for Islam. Media outlets are reporting this as controversial even Luke Thomas, MMA Guru and Jack Slack (sherdogs most respected analysts) said it could have went either way. Volk looked a division and half smaller and ended the fight smashing on an exhausted Dagestani yelling at him and now he's asking for the rematch and stating he felt he deserved the decision.

Whoever you think won is fine and I even anticipated Makhachev would break Volk in round 3 or 4 and get a submission but....Volkanovski may be the least breakable fighter I have ever seen. He's the greatest fighter on planet earth and his performance going up a division was amazing. This was history we watched and Volkanovski was on the best side of it despite losing.

Broke Volk? You couldn't be more wrong.
He wasn't broken but you're really reaching there. Volk lost unanimously; whether or not he was bigger or smaller is beside the point - they both weighed in at the same weight and they both fought in a sanctioned bout the precise purpose of which is to determine who's better.

Rather disappointed in your selective citation of "media" as well.
A vast majority of media outlets scored it for Islam. GTFOH with that "media outlets are reporting this" as a win for Volk BS.

MEDIA SCORES
Dayne Fox
BloodyElbow.com 49-46 Makhachev
Jed Meshew
MMAFighting.com 49-46 Makhachev
Chris De Santiago
MiddleEasy.com 48-47 Makhachev
Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 48-47 Makhachev
Jack Dankoff
Sherdog.com 48-47 Makhachev
Jay Pettry
MMAMania.com 48-47 Makhachev
John Pollock
POST Wrestling 48-47 Makhachev
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 48-47 Makhachev
Scott Fontana
New York Post 48-47 Makhachev
Jake Noecker
BetQL 48-47 Makhachev
Matthew Wells
MMAJunkie.com 48-47 Makhachev
Dan Urban
Couchside Judges 48-47 Makhachev
Jillian DeCoursey
48-47 Makhachev
Keith Shillan
Stephie Haynes
BloodyElbow.com 48-47 Makhachev
CombatPress.com 48-47 Makhachev
Danny Segura
Michael DeSantis
MMASucka.com 48-47 Makhachev
Tim Burke
Alex Behunin
Cageside Press 48-47 Makhachev
Nick Baldwin
theScore 47-48 Volkanovski
Shakiel Mahjouri
CBS Sports 47-48 Volkanovski
Drake Riggs
MMAMania.com 47-48 Volkanovski
Seán Sheehan
SevereMMA.com 47-48 Volkanovski
Kendrick Johnson
The Sports Daily 47-48 Volkanovski
Tyler Treese
Sherdog.com 47-48 Volkanovski

Unfuckingbelievable the lengths some shermanos will go to to prop up emo-drive narratives.

Do you honestly think there is a single person at 145 or 155 that is getting out of a back mount with body triangle from an extremely high level grappler like Makhachev?

They both know he was going nowhere. He did nothing but hold him there for much of the round.
Holding him in that position and controlling is NOT "doing nothing".

Islam is lucky Volk decided to compete in the sport of MMA with him.

Because Volk could have easily locked himself in the room with Islam before any of this went down, and only Volk would have walked out. Islam wouldn't have even been available to defend this strap in this sporting exchange.

So yeah - I guess Volk is the real champ.

Back