The impact of Nate Diaz' "everybody's on steroids" statement / MMA fans' faith in USADA

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It looks like people take his word for it and parrot it blindly whenever a PED/steroids discussion is brought up. MMA also seems to be the only sport where most "fans" don't really care about who has cheated and who hasn't. The only sport where people declare a fighter like Jon Jones the GOAT even though he's been caught for steroids multiple times. So effectively, they're stating a cheater is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. I can't think of any other sport where its fans generally don't give a shit.

Why do MMA fans have this blind spot? USADA isn't called MMADA for a reason, they're enforcing regulations in other sports aswell, where there's a much bigger negative stigma for PED users. It's baffling to me and the only two reasons I can think of is that the majority of people just parrot Diaz, and/or are influenced by PRIDE back in the days, where juicing was "legal".

I'm aware there's still workarounds and designer steroids that USADA hasn't figured out how to trace yet, but I just don't believe these are accessible for any athlete if they're even willing to take them.

@mods perhaps one of you could add a poll with the question "Do you trust USADA to do their job correctly"?

The fact that nobody ever pops for anything anymore is actually the biggest red flag imaginable, & leads me to believe most/many fighters are on them.

Even in a sport like soccer, nobody ever tests positive for ANYTHING. Thousands of 18-35yr olds & nobody takes any drug, performance enhancing or recreational ? Gimme a break.

What is wrong with people? This isn't speculation, Olympic testing is more thorough and there's literally confidential testimonies from athletes who have admitted to passing PED tests WHILE doping dozens of times. Even the people who test to catch Olympic athletes have to freeze samples and go back periodically for years or even like a decade before the science catches up to where they can catch the athletes to any reliable extent. WADA has even said things like "the process is so expensive we have to sort of pick specific athletes or specific events to invest such time and money into catching". Most elite athletes be it NBA, NFL, MLB, Boxing, MMA, Sprinting, Gymnastics, Swimming etc are on PEDs. When Lance Armstrong finally got caught after a multi million dollar years long witch hunt to catch him and the science finally caught up to years old doping, wasn't it like 1st through 15th all caught doping too?

Come on guys, like @Hellowhosthat said it may help keep it under control a bit but guys are doping.

If a guy has huge muscles and is lean then that’s the #1 sign of steroids. Especially if muscular and has good cardio for 5 rounds.

I don't think they eliminate it entirely, but I do think they stop fighters from just going crazy and getting juiced to the gills, which ultimately is good for their long term health.
Guys are juicing to gills, the jacked ones. They microdose and travel without notifying USADA

The fact that nobody ever pops for anything anymore is actually the biggest red flag imaginable, & leads me to believe most/many fighters are on them.

Even in a sport like soccer, nobody ever tests positive for ANYTHING. Thousands of 18-35yr olds & nobody takes any drug, performance enhancing or recreational ? Gimme a break.
Same with the NFL and NBA. Either they allow the PEDs or everyone knows how to mask the tests

I don't think they eliminate it entirely, but I do think they stop fighters from just going crazy and getting juiced to the gills, which ultimately is good for their long term health.
Same, my friend thinks with USADA they can't juice anymore but I think they just use less stuff and are more careful with what they take. I mean yeah maybe there are less fighters using gear but I still think the number is very high.

Everybody is on stéroïds

Even on local régional scène in UK they were all juiced up

Why wouldn't you be? Your testosterone pumps up to like 1200-1500 nagograms and your recovery from training, injuries and fatigue all become clearly improved. You can train longer and harder while being injured less. Your cardiovascular abilities will improve, your ability to put on lean mass will improve. The odds of you getting caught even under USADA if you're smart is probably less than 1-2% per fight camp.

UFC pays USADA because they needed the illusion of a clean sport to swindle WME, ESPN and Disney into a $4 billion deal. to pretend to drug test fighters fairly. USADA does nothing, and do not act independently in the UFCs case, Dana calls the shot, they stopped testing guys a while ago if they’re big moneymakers.

They found the tainted supplement though
And what? That Doesn't mean he didn't get flagged and consumed that "tainted" supplement at the time, Like I said Nate Diaz is right, everyone is on roids even him. People on here drag Bisping to the ground about steroids because Rampage allegedly said he does it, yet Bisping has never failed a drug test. Nate failed a test tainted or not.

And what? That Doesn't mean he didn't get flagged and consumed that "tainted" supplement at the time, Like I said Nate Diaz is right, everyone is on roids even him. People on here drag Bisping to the ground about steroids because Rampage allegedly said he does it, yet Bisping has never failed a drug test. Nate failed a test tainted or not.
The supplement was a garden of life protein powder and they found it was tainted in many of the powders.

Bisping accused rampage first so who knows who’s telling the truth.

If a guy has huge muscles and is lean then that’s the #1 sign of steroids. Especially if muscular and has good cardio for 5 rounds.

Natty King and built from the Black Forge All Irish Beef

0_BANNER-GRABS-Conor-McGregors-insane-body-transformation-sparks-four-drug-tests-in-just-eight-wee.jpg

Back