Pavlovich still kills Jones and Jones will avoid the fight.

SerbianSteel

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Overeem fight was a brain fart, the boy can wrestle, he outweighs Jones by 10lbs (20-30 not counting belly fat) and he has the killer instinct to walk Jones down through his chicken leg kicks.

I'd bet on it but won't get the chance to because no way in hell Jones accepts that fight.

tenor.gif

Here we go again. People have been saying this same old thing for well over 10 years now. That x Fighter new flavor of the month will beat Jones with ease, give it a rest already.
When in the last 10 years has Jones actually fought the big scary contender? DC fair enough, but he had huge physical advantages. Never wanted any part of HW until he got a title shot against a non-wrestling kickboxer.

Nuthuggers pretending Jones has cleared a division he is forever ducking.

Overeem fight was a brain fart, the boy can wrestle, he outweighs Jones by 10lbs (20-30 not counting belly fat) and he has the killer instinct to walk Jones down through his chicken leg kicks.

I'd bet on it but won't get the chance to because no way in hell Jones accepts that fight.

He could definitely command the center and walk Jones down.
When in the last 10 years has Jones actually fought the big scary contender? DC fair enough, but he had huge physical advantages. Never wanted any part of HW until he got a title shot against a non-wrestling kickboxer.

Pavlovich walks opponents down but he is still calculated and technical. He also has a nigh identical reach to Jones and understands how to use it.

I doubt Jones takes this fight though. Why fight the dangerous young gun, when you can fight the washed up legend?

So gane is just a kickboxer now …

No one cares. Jones isn’t going to fight guys who won’t be draws. It’s Stipe then Brock/retirement.

No one cares. Jones isn’t going to fight guys who won’t be draws. It’s Stipe then Brock/retirement.
Bullshit. America vs Russia would be huge. Jones just picks his fights like Mayweather and fans eat it up.

You're right, he will avoid the fight, but not for the reasons you're saying.

Jones is at the end of his career. It's very likely he will be looking for super fights only. This makes the most business sense.

He won't be fighting some no named bruisers at HW just for the hell of it.

I had Jones winning last night and happy he won. I like it when fighters with great legacies build on it. But I think Sergei will just annihilate Jones.

They'll give Jones Stipe, who hasn't beat anyone other than DC in 5 years and will be 41 by the time they fight.

Back