Media Francis confirms Jones fight never happening, likely never back in UFC

Francis leaving the UFC because he wants to be able to do what he wants got everybody so salty it cracks me up.

People are so stupid.

Everyone in these forums calling Francis dumb would have done the same thing in his position.

Francis knows his worth.

Francis leaving the UFC because he wants to be able to do what he wants got everybody so salty it cracks me up.
I can understand if an mma fan is upset Francis won't be fighting in mma anymore considering who he is. All the fight fans miss out on good fights. We'll see what Francis does though.

He had the intention of reaching an agreement if the UFC would acquiesce to at least one of his bargaining points. They gave him a take of leave it deal, not negotiating in good faith, aware of a few of things he wanted before his contract was up. If only he was afforded the opportunity McGregor was given. Looks like you're shilling for the UFC. You on the books?

Mcgregor get special treatment because he sells more fight than anyone in ufc history....

it seems you hate the ufc negotiating with fighters, every business negotiates with every employee....

I fail to see how offering him the most money, even more than Lesnar who was the biggest draw in ufc HW history, is not good faith.

If only lol they did negotiate in good faith and they were very upfront about no boxing from the start. Francis also gave a "take it or leave it" deal.

If only, indeed. Francis turned down deals in the past for more freedom in his career. He then mentioned multiple sticking points for him in their final negotiations. The UFC wouldn't budge on anything. They told him to take the raise or leave, knowing he had turned down more money through extensions long before their final negotiations.

Mcgregor get special treatment because he sells more fight than anyone in ufc history....

it seems you hate the ufc negotiating with fighters, every business negotiates with every employee....

I fail to see how offering him the most money, even more than Lesnar who was the biggest draw in ufc HW history, is not good faith.

No. I just see the hypocrisy. Francis was well within his rights to ask for more freedom. They allowed Conor. Why not him? I mean, let's not forget this is the same company that cut Fitch for not giving up his likeness rights for free. I'm still going to watch the fights. I love MMA. The UFC is getting my money. I don't hate them. I just see what they're doing and have done.

People are so stupid.

Everyone in these forums calling Francis dumb would have done the same thing in his position.

Francis knows his worth.

Even if he has miscalculated his worth, what has he done wrong? He stood up for himself. Whether it pays off or not, I don't know. If it doesn't, that's still no reason to hate on him.

i dont think he does, i think the UFC knew his worth

I think the market will inevitably decide his value, and he'll likely take a boxing match where he can make more in a single fight than he could in a slew of fights for the UFC.

People are losing their minds over this win. They are being so deceived.

Cyril looked like a child. Rubbish performance. Embarrasing
There may not be an easier match up for Jones than Cyril Gane on the top side of either 205 or heavyweight. He walked through him, sliced through him easily, and now people think Jones beats everyone.

He really got you guys with this one.

Jan Blachowicz would’ve put up a much better fight.

Even if he has miscalculated his worth, what has he done wrong? He stood up for himself. Whether it pays off or not, I don't know. If it doesn't, that's still no reason to hate on him.

Agreed. Francis won a lot of respect from me after the whole contract dispute.

People just have such a skewed perspective on labor when it doesn't directly involve them.

We watch this sport for the fighters, not the rich pricks running the organization. Although it seems with certain fans, that isn't the case.

People just have such a skewed perspective on labor when it doesn't directly involve them.

We watch this sport for the fighters, not the rich pricks running the organization. Although it seems with certain fans, that isn't the case.

I bet a good amount of these guys have never asked for a raise, are fine with no Healthcare and stick up for their companies to paint a pretty picture of their work lives while the their employer sticks it to them, lol.

No. I just see the hypocrisy. Francis was well within his rights to ask for more freedom. They allowed Conor. Why not him? I mean, let's not forget this is the same company that cut Fitch for not giving up his likeness rights for free. I'm still going to watch the fights. I love MMA. The UFC is getting my money. I don't hate them. I just see what they're doing and have done.

So they let the most popular biggest draw try something one time, So from now on everyone should be able to as well?

I am not saying it was bad for Francis to ask for these things, but the idea that somehow the ufc screwed him because they said no while offering him a huge deal just doesn't float for me

Yes so let's get the fighters to fight. That's why we watch. The fights. I don't care if Francis makes 3 million or 200 million. He needs to get something booked.

So they let the most popular biggest draw try something one time, So from now on everyone should be able to as well?

I am not saying it was bad for Francis to ask for these things, but the idea that somehow the ufc screwed him because they said no while offering him a huge deal just doesn't float for me

Yes, every prominent figure in the UFC, especially their own self proclaimed 'baddest man on the planet', should ask for the ability to have more freedom over their career. I'm not saying they're going to get it. I'm not saying they should even leave over it. All I'm saying is they aren't the bad guy for doing it and if they want to leave, for whatever reason, more power to them. It's better than retiring early with less money and hurt when you just accept what they're offering you.

I bet a good amount of these guys have never asked for a raise, are fine with no Healthcare and stick up for their companies to paint a pretty picture of their work lives while the their employer sticks it to them, lol.

The sad part is I know a good amount of people who perfectly fit this bill.

Idealists who would rather stick to their guns defending bad politics that trample on them just the same as those they perceive below them.

Yes so let's get the fighters to fight. That's why we watch. The fights. I don't care if Francis makes 3 million or 200 million. He needs to get something booked.

If the UFC paid fighters properly, provided health care, and allowed sponsors and the option to make money in different sports, this perhaps wouldn't be an issue.

The UFC treats these fighters as commodities that are replaceable rather than human beings, and that is the core issue.

dana and francis should meet at some island and talk it thru again

Back