Locked WRESTLEMANIA 39 NIGHT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned on the press conference and Triple H is actually answering these dirtsheet dorks questions about "booking" and why he "booked" Roman to win instead of "booking" pulling the trigger on Cody.

wrestling-jim-cornette.gif

MJF or Kenny Omega should beat Roman at WM 40.

Or Jon Jones or Conor mcgregor

Just turned on the press conference and Triple H is actually answering these dirtsheet dorks questions about "booking" and why he "booked" Roman to win instead of "booking" pulling the trigger on Cody.

wrestling-jim-cornette.gif
#CornetteCult #StephenPNew #605Podcast.....THE MOTHERSHIP!!!

Last edited:
Wow lots of people are upset Cody lost.

Here's why Roman winning is best for business.

Cody had ZERO chase. He came back from injury at RR, wins it. In between that, Sami Zayn got red hot to the point people thought he was going to beat Roman. He didn't. This left about a month to build Cody up. Not enough time IMO.

Wrestling is a story driven business. Cody was good tonight but wasn't good enough and this will only add to the chase, if they do decide to have Cody beat Roman - but tonight was not the night to do that.

This Bloodline story has been going on for years and for Cody to just beat Roman after a month of build would've fell flat for me. AND the people will tire of him quickly. They just wanted him to win because they're tired of Roman and want a change.

They havn't booked Roman into a corner at all.
The next beat in the storyline is going to be the usos turning on him, and its going to start with them losing the belts.
Whoever beats him, its going to involve the usos super kicking roman in a match instead of saving him.

it could be anyone then. Cody, Lashley, Drew, etc.

@lakersfan45 Did you throw your one up in the air when Roman Reigns came out?

Screen-Shot-2022-08-02-at-1.51.26-PM.png
I didn’t go today , just uessreray (was originally going to but friend got sick and I’m tirer so sold ticket)

watched it with the family on the couch and my older son started crying when Roman won and my wife is legit upset too lmao im the only one happy in the lake house right now

Wow lots of people are upset Cody lost.

Here's why Roman winning is best for business.

Cody had ZERO chase. He came back from injury at RR, wins it. In between that, Sami Zayn got red hot to the point people thought he was going to beat Roman. He didn't. This left about a month to build Cody up. Not enough time IMO.

Wrestling is a story driven business. Cody was good tonight but wasn't good enough and this will only add to the chase, if they do decide to have Cody beat Roman - but tonight was not the night to do that.

This Bloodline story has been going on for years and for Cody to just beat Roman after a month of build would've fell flat for me. AND the people will tire of him quickly. They just wanted him to win because they're tired of Roman and want a change.
I would agree that Cody has felt overshadowed by the culmination of the Bloodline/Sami story. Him and Roman basically had two face to face promos, it seemed like. Cody did a really good job selling himself and his motivations but there really wasn't much between him and Roman directly. There's more meat on the bone there

Haven't watched wrestling in years, but a friend invited me over to watch Wrestlemania. The one thing that confused me most about the Cody Roman finish was that the heel won after cheating repeatedly, and then the announcers just talked about how great he and his championship reign is. It was so bizarre. Where was the outrage that the dastardly heel stole the victory? They just went straight into hyping him up.

I didn’t go today , just uessreray (was originally going to but friend got sick and I’m tirer so sold ticket)

watched it with the family on the couch and my older son started crying when Roman won and my wife is legit upset too lmao im the only one happy in the lake house right now
The Business is alive

It’s not Roman winning I have a problem with it’s how he won. Lazy story writing

Vince probably shows up on the big screen at UFC 287, proudly cutting a promo like the final night of Nitro.

McGregor vs. Roman vs. Brock vs. DC fatal four-way for the belts. Book it, Dana errr Vince or maybe Khan or Ari...I'm not sure.

You're scaring me

I hope Cody doesn't get an immediate rematch. Build it up. Do Cody vs Solo or a 6 man (Cody/KO/Sami vs Usos and Roman or Solo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back