Locked WRESTLEMANIA 39 NIGHT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not Sami or Cody, then who? Jey? The Rock? I like Reigns as champ but can't help but wonder where they go from here. It's like a good TV show that is going one season too long now. I think it should have been Sami with Jey turning on Reigns. What does Cody do now? Feud with Gunter I suppose is right there but feels deflating. Does Roman hold for another full year?

All I know is I think Bray Wyatt sucks and that guy should be nowhere near the top of the card.

Match of the weekend I think was the IC Title match or Rhea/Charlotte.

If not Sami or Cody, then who? Jey? The Rock? I like Reigns as champ but can't help but wonder where they go from here. It's like a good TV show that is going one season too long now. I think it should have been Sami with Jey turning on Reigns. What does Cody do now? Feud with Gunter I suppose is right there but feels deflating. Does Roman hold for another full year?

All I know is I think Bray Wyatt sucks and that guy should be nowhere near the top of the card.

Match of the weekend I think was the IC Title match or Rhea/Charlotte.
Jey will be involved somehow. The Bloodline destructing is all they have left for Roman at this point.

Unfortunately, it just feels like the moment to build the division around her has passed.

This company is stupid and I hate it.

TediousDirtyAndeancondor-max-1mb.gif

Definitely overbooked
It’s not overbooked when everything is properly built up and made sense. It was booked just right. Everyone thought Cody had it after Sami ko came in.

A match ending with shenanigans on their biggest show of the year seems odd to me. You don't really know the motivation there. Now, you can obviously use it to go with the angle that Cody was wronged, deserves another chance, and then book him for the win (think The Rock at Wrestlemania 2000 and then Backlash). But that seems odd cause it would mean the only reason they had Roman go over was for shock value (which sometimes is enough) or to prolong a feud that they think is gold.

It could be that this is just the end of the road for Cody in title contention for the time being. But that seems strange too with all they invested in that storyline.

I'm not really sure what they logical next step is.

As others are saying, if they never intended to go with Cody getting the win at Wrestlemania, it seems that they missed the opportunity not having Sami be the one to get it and actually notch the win. Would have felt like the true culmination of the best story they had going for many months.

Unfortunately, it just feels like the moment to build the division around her has passed.
Definitely my most disappointing moment of the weekend. Especially with bringing Kana back...her victory seemed inevitable, and is now wasted even if she momentarily wins it down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back