Media Aldo Retracts Angry Comments About Conor

I suppose there is no other way Aldo can ever really react to Conor given that he disrespected him in every way imaginable and then dropped him in less than 20 seconds.

For me the overall inability of Aldo to live up to the challenge of Conor is what puts him very far away in GOAT discussions. Not saying a chip on his shoulder his whole life is the way to go but being this thoroughly sonned by one of your biggest every opponents is hard to
square with GOAT conversations.

Conor is starting to look like Glenn from the Wedding Singer.

I think it's a good comparison because of the unavenged loss. I agree with EVERYTHING in your second point though.
Sorry I came off as a bit of a dismissive a-hole there, let the shersterone get the better of me.

I can see the comparison but I feel like it would more accurate if there was massive bad blood between them pre-fight and it was a hyped fight, then Tyson went on to have a solid career post-loss, where there was little pre-fight tension bc Douglas wasnt viewed as a threat but for various reasons Tyson never regained his dominance.

I would say arguably that 'No Mas' is potentially a better comparator as even though it was a rematch there was a lot of bad blood and hype and its was the ultimate level of defeat given the circumstances, then Duran obv went on to have a very respectable career thereafter.

I'm glad they are friends now and getting along well.
Conor looks so different without a beard
conorr.jpg
Look like he's had some work done to me
Eyes even look different

Sorry I came off as a bit of a dismissive a-hole there, let the shersterone get the better of me.

I can see the comparison but I feel like it would more accurate if there was massive bad blood between them pre-fight and it was a hyped fight, then Tyson went on to have a solid career post-loss, where there was little pre-fight tension bc Douglas wasnt viewed as a threat but for various reasons Tyson never regained his dominance.

I would say arguably that 'No Mas' is potentially a better comparator as even though it was a rematch there was a lot of bad blood and hype and its was the ultimate level of defeat given the circumstances, then Duran obv went on to have a very respectable career thereafter.
I love the 4 kings era. Man if Roberto stayed at lightweight I could see him being talked about as the GOAT. Love the No Mas documentary too, Sugar Ray still looks shook by Duran Lmao. Oh and on a side note I thought it was funny the dude in your AV thought Ali meant peeping Tom when he called him an Uncle Tom lmao, that made for an entertaining interview haha.

He also lost that fight. I believe there was some dana white influence on that fight.

Their cash cow just got dominated by a mediocre LW. Irreparable damage would have been done if Nate were to win again.

However after time has passed, we have all realized that Nate is nt that great anyway, and a controversial decision over nate was conors last win lol.

Dustin porier ended any manufactured hype that conor had.

He also lost that fight. I believe there was some dana white influence on that fight.

Their cash cow just got dominated by a mediocre LW. Irreparable damage would have been done if Nate were to win again.

However after time has passed, we have all realized that Nate is nt that great anyway, and a controversial decision over nate was conors last win lol.

He dropped Nate 3 times. He didn’t lose

Wasn't Cerrone Conor's last win?

How can you say Nate isn’t that great, that was prime Nate and he at one point fought for a title. He literally came close to beating the current world champ just a fight ago.

For me the overall inability of Aldo to live up to the challenge of Conor is what puts him very far away in GOAT discussions. Not saying a chip on his shoulder his whole life is the way to go but being this thoroughly sonned by one of your biggest every opponents is hard to square with GOAT conversations.

It’s too bad it wasn’t 2020 to 2023 he would’ve had an immediate rematch like nowadays. Not saying he’d win or not

HEADLINE: Aldo sees his potential down the road rematch squandered, so he apologizes to the true top dog to keep that offer open.

Back