Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus, post #753)

Adam Driver is really good. He doesn't LOOK like comic book Reed Richards, but that's not the most important thing. The big challenge with a FF movie is that the four characters aren't the biggest, erm, personalities around. Reed Richards, for instance, tends to come off as a stiff, 1950'ies American dad. Hopefully the movie version will inject a little more life into them, like the original Iron Man movie did with Tony Stark and Ragnarok did with Thor. I could see Driver working out as a Reed if they decide to give the character a few flaws so that he has something to work with.

Surprised at the negativity on this, I think Driver is a fantastic actor and he could do autistic, mega intelligent scientist guy convincingly, while also being believable in action roles
As the FF are a team, Driver alone doesn't have to carry the movie. Pair him up with an excellent actor for Doom and we could have some pretty solid stuff.

nah, i think this scene is the true diamond in the rough out of all the FF movies. too bad everything else was dogshit, but Doom’s hospital stroll is super legit vibes.

Never saw it but this clip here is legit good. Is this from the director who made Chronicle? There's definitely that dark, POV, realistic feel to it. Looks great.

Too bad the movie was apparently terrible.

There are tons of alternate Marvel universes. One is where Jack Ryan is Mr. Fantastic.

Never saw it but this clip here is legit good. Is this from the director who made Chronicle? There's definitely that dark, POV, realistic feel to it. Looks great.

Too bad the movie was apparently terrible.
the movie is for sure a massive dog turd, but it had two very memorable positives: 1. that awesome scene w/ Doom walking through the facility, ‘sploding heads & proselytizing, and 2. the segment of the movie when the 4 are back at the facility after the accident that gave them their powers. it has a super legit Cronenbergian body horror influence—that unique brand of absurdity blended w/ an uneasy expression of dread that is driving the drama forward (until it isn’t)

it’s honestly too bad that it ended up being such a fucking disaster

upload_2023-4-20_9-16-16.jpeg
OIP.wKP8kCXUjU0KXCRk479RtgHaLH

Hmm...handsome, intelligent, square jawed.....maybe he can pull off the intelligent part. But Driver is fucking ugly and nerdy. I do not see it. Reed was older in the comic books. Miles teller was a horrible choice, weak jawed and too young. I think Driver has the same issues. What happened to Krasinski?

View attachment 979742
OIP.wKP8kCXUjU0KXCRk479RtgHaLH

Hmm...handsome, intelligent, square jawed.....maybe he can pull off the intelligent part. But Driver is fucking ugly and nerdy. I do not see it. Reed was older in the comic books. Miles teller was a horrible choice, weak jawed and too young. I think Driver has the same issues. What happened to Krasinski?

At this point I think you need to be thankful they’re even considering a white guy for the role and will have to settle for ugly.

At this point I think you need to be thankful they’re even considering a white guy for the role and will have to settle for ugly.
Well how many white male characters have been swapped to something else in Marvel? Doesn't seem like many. Cap, Iron man, Thor, Starlord, etc all white like in the comics.

Well how many white male characters have been swapped to something else in Marvel? Doesn't seem like many. Cap, Iron man, Thor, Starlord, etc all white like in the comics.

<Kobe213>

Listen buddy, nobody asked for your factual observations. I’m trying to craft a narrative here of an anti-white male animus in modern day Hollywood. I don’t need reality getting in the way.

The palest of Norse Gods is a black dude. I always found that funny. Norse mythology specifically gave him that title because of how much paler Heimdall was than the rest of the Viking gods. They turned the literally whitest of white dudes black. Lol

Adam Driver is a poor man's Parker Schnabel. At least get Adrian Brody who's a poor man's Tom Hiddleston.

Mila Kunis is in her mid-40s.

0% chance that list is legit.
There were rumor that in first Fantastic Four movie Richard's are gonna be introduced as a family with kids and Kunis was seen in February meeting with director of FF. But I think her or him said that meeting wasn't connected with FF.

There were rumor that in first Fantastic Four movie Richard's are gonna be introduced as a family with kids and Kunis was seen in February meeting with director of FF. But I think her or him said that meeting wasn't connected with FF.

Rumors are mostly speculation based on likely 'good' decisions. But since this is Disney/MCU, its very unlikely these are actually decent predictions because they've made practically nothing but shitty decisions lately.

Back