• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

PBP One Fight Night 9: Nong-O vs. Haggerty, Fri. 4/21, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Training in Chiang Mai is very good. It's not Bangkok, but for the most part it has a better reputation than Phuket. I didn't know about Saenchais pad holder, or Buakaw's gyms, but I know Hong Thong Muay Thai has a great reputation and the training clips look really good:

All of their foreigners look really sharp. Don't get me started on the locals

Santai, which is a bus ride outside the main city, is a little old school but also has a great reputation.

found saenchais pad holders gym =
manop_yuangyai

This is a pretty good scrap. Kind of surprised Abevi made it out of the first round

dude haha, i follow hongthong on the gram, i do like the looks of their place. seems solid. same with the bear fight camp. heard about santai too. whatchu mean about the locals there? forgot the name of saenchais pad holders gym but he is definitely there in chiang mai. buakaw has a country style resort gym away from chiang mai, and he just opened another gym directly in chiang mai. i know youre not supposed to bounce around a bunch for training, but might do it anyways. just want to get into warrior mode and then hippie mode on the weekends.
Oh nice dude, then you know what's up. I'm going to have to check out Bear. I was really only looking into Phuket because I'm an absolute beginner, so all I need is dedicated instruction, not the very best of the best. Instruction for direct application into MMA would be great too and theirs a lot of that in Phuket. Chiang Mai has more Stadium killers and modern Muay Thai rule set fighters.

You do you boo boo, your money, you're in control of your destiny. Besides dipping your toes and doing your own thing will have you more informed for subsequent trips.

Speaking of hippie mode, have you looked into Pai? There's a big "Hippie" (rich kids pretending to be spiritual) contingent there and they cater to you more than a place like Chiang Mai.

Edit: locals as in local Thai fighters

Oh nice dude, then you know what's up. I'm going to have to check out Bear. I was really only looking into Phuket because in an absolute beginner, so all I need is dedicated instruction, not the very best of the best. Instruction for direct application into MMA would be great too and theirs s lot of that in Phuket. Chiang Mai has more Stadium killers and modern Muay Thai rule set fighters.

You do you boo boo, your money, you're in control of your destiny. Besides dipping your toes and doing your own thing will have you more informed for subsequent trips.

Speaking of hippie mode, have you looked into Pai? There's a big "Hippie" (rich kids pretending to be spiritual) contingent there and they cater to you more than a place like Chiang Mai.

I’m trying to go to Thailand too for a couple weeks later this year hopefully. Train/vacation

Everyone's getting their balls destroyed.

where is Joe Rogan to explain to us how great Thai steel cups are

Oh nice dude, then you know what's up. I'm going to have to check out Bear. I was really only looking into Phuket because in an absolute beginner, so all I need is dedicated instruction, not the very best of the best. Instruction for direct application into MMA would be great too and theirs s lot of that in Phuket. Chiang Mai has more Stadium killers and modern Muay Thai rule set fighters.

hell yea bro, all good where ever you end up going, its gonna be awesome regardless. i heard about pai, not too far from chiang mai, def going there on the weekends to try to get some good shroom shakes. should be a blast, when you trying to go?

I’m trying to go to Thailand too for a couple weeks later this year hopefully. Train/vacation

where is Joe Rogan to explain to us how great Thai steel cups are
Get out there dude, can't imagine you'd regret it. Have you done a little studying yet? Any idea where you'd like to train?

Get out there dude, can't imagine you'd regret it. Have you done a little studying yet? Any idea where you'd like to train?

Probably will make it easy on myself and just gym hop in Phuket, try out the gyms and do privates and maybe if something really sticks out I’ll make one of them my “main” gym while I’m there. I have training and some fight experience so I’m sure I’ll have a great time no matter what.

hell yea bro, all good where ever you end up going, its gonna be awesome regardless. i heard about pai, not too far from chiang mai, def going there on the weekends to try to get some good shroom shakes. should be a blast, when you trying to go?
I'm not sure man, but definitely before September before school starts back up. My mom got a gnarly tib-fib fracture last year around this time (about a week to the day) and no one stepped up, so I became her live in care giver. She's starting to be a little more independent this month, so I'm hoping to be out there by summer, which is rainy season in Phuket, lol. Should make going warrior a lot easier.

Last edited:
Probably will make it easy on myself and just gym hop in Phuket, try out the gyms and do privates and maybe if something really sticks out I’ll make one of them my “main” gym while I’m there. I have training and some fight experience so I’m sure I’ll have a great time no matter what.
Hell yeah dude! Hope you find what you're looking for. I know it's like a total tourist trap, but fighter street does look super legit. Not looking forward to the Russians, apparently they're very territorial, but I'm sure they feel the same about us Americans.

I'm keeping a close eye on Rattachai, Kru Oh, Revolution, and AKA Thailand, I'll probably commit to one of those.

Back