Movies DUNE: PART TWO (Release Pushed Back to March 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 2, 2023

First Poster and Official Trailer for Denis Villeneuve's DUNE: PART TWO [Updated]

FvIhyI9aUAUZz6l

I bought the first one on Black Friday. Haven't watched it yet.

Almost fell asleep watching the first one. Hope this is better

Wasn't this originally supposed to come out in the summer? If so, that's bad news that it was pushed back to November. Usually means test audiences hated it, and they've gone back to re-edit the movie.

That aside, the first one was amazing. Absolutely loved it. I've watched it at least 3 times. Watching it on 4K UHD is crazy. It is bar none the most bass heavy movie from beginning to end that I've ever watched.

I'm hoping I'm wrong about the release date, and I'll be watching this one regardless.

Zendaya is the film-killer.
I agree very overrated I think she also ruined euphoria with her bad acting but the second season of that show was also badly written though.

First one was visually stunning but overall 'meh'.

A lot of people feel that way, but man, I don't know what to say.

This is one of the most important stories in fiction to me. It's been long considered unfilmable due to the structure and density of information, and that may be true, but I love this expression of Dune. It feels like Villeneuve didn't need to say everything because he knew fans would just know what was going on which was fine for me, I've read the books dozens of times, and maybe that's a terrible way to tell a story but I absolutely love it.

At the end of the day I think the best expression for the general public will end up being the sci fi channel's Dune miniseries, including their Children of Dune. They had a modest budget and just did their best to serve the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back