Movies DUNE: PART TWO (Release Pushed Back to March 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish could skip to the Leto II God Emporer movie . I have seen the story n red it several times from Dune 1 to Children of Dune. Looks like there's 2 more movies after this just to get to that tho

I was so disappointed by the first one I can’t really get excited. I mean, I’ll very probably still watch it.

Yup, going to catch this in the theater! I'm not keen on that one actress... Trentrayza(?) I just don't care for her acting style.

Last edited:
I hate the "heyaaaa" soundtrack
That's my gripe too.

The first movie was one of the most compelling cinematic experiences I've ever had in a theater, it was absolutely incredible to watch on IMAX. The soundtrack was also, for the most part, pretty good albeit a bit overbearing. However the wailing legitimately ruined some crucial scenes of the movies, so much so that it took me out of it several times. So unfortunate...

I don't even care much about the story and the first movie was a bit underwhelming in that way, but Denis Villeneuve creates absolute visual masterpieces.

A lot of people feel that way, but man, I don't know what to say.

This is one of the most important stories in fiction to me. It's been long considered unfilmable due to the structure and density of information, and that may be true, but I love this expression of Dune. It feels like Villeneuve didn't need to say everything because he knew fans would just know what was going on which was fine for me, I've read the books dozens of times, and maybe that's a terrible way to tell a story but I absolutely love it.

At the end of the day I think the best expression for the general public will end up being the sci fi channel's Dune miniseries, including their Children of Dune. They had a modest budget and just did their best to serve the narrative.

I've never even read the books. I thought the first one was amazing. My cousin who has the attention span of a nat absolutely loved it and was glad I told him about it.

Oh snap that comes out this year? Cool. For some reason I thought it was going to be later. Enjoyed the first one quite a bit. Stuff like this is what IMAX was made for.

Loved the first one, hope this lives up to my unreasonably high expectations.

I don't even care much about the story and the first movie was a bit underwhelming in that way, but Denis Villeneuve creates absolute visual masterpieces.
He definitely does. Nicholas winding refn is good with making visually appealing movies too but he has shittier writing.

The Duncan Idaho casting continues to give me hope for an expanded series of films.

There's no way they choose a name for that role unless they're at least thinking of continuing.

loved the books, except some of the ones written by his son Brian after dude died.

but that film looks pretty awesome.

Having read the books, I'm looking forward to it. The cinematography is amazing.

Anyone else feel like Florence Pugh looks out of place?

A lot of people feel that way, but man, I don't know what to say.

This is one of the most important stories in fiction to me. It's been long considered unfilmable due to the structure and density of information, and that may be true, but I love this expression of Dune. It feels like Villeneuve didn't need to say everything because he knew fans would just know what was going on which was fine for me, I've read the books dozens of times, and maybe that's a terrible way to tell a story but I absolutely love it.

At the end of the day I think the best expression for the general public will end up being the sci fi channel's Dune miniseries, including their Children of Dune. They had a modest budget and just did their best to serve the narrative.
I've wondered for awhile if I imagined the miniseries because I've had such trouble finding info about it online. Loved it. I'm so glad to finally hear someone else has seen the fookin' thing lol. It was great. Haven't seen the Villeneuve remake but I will sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back