How does Belal

Burns is the one who made that fight boring

Belal had him scared and Burns was just trying to survive

He hurt it on a takedown attempt. A bit of an unfortunate injury. Belal could’ve taken better advantage of it.

Imagine if he did shoulder cranks on Burns like Jones did to Glover?
You need the leverage that comes with length for that, but I feel you, you wish Belal would've capitalized and finished. Considering the circumstances, I think he did enough by winning. Dropping only one round no less, that's impressive ASF to me, especially when you consider the caliber of Burns.

I thought he looked pretty damn good. That wasn't the path to victory I envisioned for him.

You need the leverage that comes with length for that, but I feel you, you wish Belal would've capitalized and finished. Considering the circumstances, I think he did enough by winning. Dropping only one round no less, that's impressive ASF to me, especially when you consider the caliber of Burns.
He looked decent but it was an underwhelming performance for me like the majority of his fights. But if it works it works. He’s winning

Made it look more like he still has nothing for Leon
Because he doesn't.

Leon is a far superior striker. He's longer, has better kicks, much better timing, probably hits slightly harder too.

Given how improved Leon's defensive wrestling is these days its hard to see how Belal wins that fight.

He looked decent but it was an underwhelming performance for me like the majority of his fights. But if it works it works. He’s winning
Yeah man, he doesn't have the physical attributes to be one of these highlight reel fighters. He used his IQ to win fights and he's one of the best for it. He can go for broke and be a 50/50 fighter, but then he wouldn't even be close to the same career trajectory. Mans got to do what he's got to do. At least he's not lay and praying, Belal has some of the most intelligent pressure in all of MMA. Fighters that do have those attributes that catch your eye can learn s lot from him.

Yeah man, he doesn't have the physical attributes to be one of these highlight reel fighters. He used his IQ to win fights and he's one of the best for it. He can go for broke and be a 50/50 fighter, but then he wouldn't even be close to the same career trajectory. Mans got to do what he's got to do. At least he's not lay and praying, Belal has some of the most intelligent pressure in all of MMA. Fighters that do have those attributes that catch your eye can learn s lot from him.
Will never be a fan but he’s good at what he does. He deserves the next shot for sure. He’s a work horse and earns everything he gets without relying on natural ability like some other fighters

How does Belal continue to be the most boring fighter in MMA? He made an exciting fighter/potential fight boring. Typical Belal “and another one” Belal fight.

Besides that, I am baffled how Belal keeps winning these fights.

So if the argument was that his previous win streak and 2 top-5 wins and 4 top-10 wins wasn't good enough because he's not a PPV draw -

Do we really think this boring win over Burns changed anything? What if Shavkat comes out and KO's Usman before Belal gets his crack at the Colby/Leon winner?

I'm not sold Belal earned a ts, tbh (which I disagree with, for the record lol)

How does Belal continue to be the most boring fighter in MMA? He made an exciting fighter/potential fight boring. Typical Belal “and another one” Belal fight.
That fight was not boring. I actually expected Belal to try to wall and stall.

He didn’t. He didn’t go for takedowns. He fought on the feet a guy that many people thought was a better, more dangerous striker.

Well done. And I’m pleased for the guy. He will get his deserved TS.

That fight was not boring. I actually expected Belal to try to wall and stall.

He didn’t. He didn’t go for takedowns. He fought on the feet a guy that many people thought was a better, more dangerous striker.

Well done. And I’m pleased for the guy. He will get his deserved TS.
Belal fights wherever his opponent is weakest. He wasnt going to initiate any kind of grappling with a BJJ world champion.

Burns is dangerous on the feet, but he's still very basic striking and its undoubtedly the weaker part of his game. So that's where you should expect Belal to want the fight.

He grapples with guys like Wonderboy, he jabs a guy like Maia all night long.

Hds forced yo mix it up against well rounded guys and he tends to be a lot more defensively minded in those fights (Luque rematch for example).

by knocked out you mean a standing tko with 15 seconds left on the clock
{<shrug}
early stoppage.
I guess so. They are the same person to me. Belal is more active but KO’s aren’t as good. Izzy is less active but one In awhile he hits something.

Belal fights wherever his opponent is weakest.
And what’s stopping these other guys to impose their will and fight Belal where Belal is the weakest and where they are the best? Oh, that’s right, Belal is.

I hate this argument so much, it’s like there are rules preventing them to fight how they want. If you’re better fight your own damn fight and don’t let Belal dictate what you do and how you fight. But, but…

Back