Whats wrong with Kron ?

King Crab

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
His whole attitude was just negative vibes all the way through the leadup to this fight. I was rooting for him all the way but wow he just has this whatever type stick going on. Is it depression or personal problems ? It's like he was just going in to fight just to fight and get it over with and honestly I felt so bad watching him it was unbearable.

He strikes me as someone who has a lot of issues. It’s probably due to the whole stepping in a big man’s shoes syndrome mixed with the fact he’s probably not satisfied with where he is in his life, he mentioned on embedded something regarding needing money so he can train, which probably means he can’t dedicate him self to the sport and keep up with his expenses. Truth of the matter is if he wasn’t a Gracie no one would even takkkng about him and probably realizes that.

Yea idk what his deal is but there's plenty of fighters that actually want to be in there. Why was a main card spot for someone who didn't train

No doubt he didn't want to be there but his whole unshaven haunted look seems like theres more to it behind the scenes. Some type of problems or something off in his life he just seemed way disconnected from reality. I feel bad for the guy, somethings up.

Always struck me as kind of a lazy stoner who just doesn't actually do anything. Wakes up at noon, goes for a run, goes to the BJJ gym, goes out to eat, goes back to the gym, goes out to eat again ... and thats his whole day.

No doubt he didn't want to be there but his whole unshaven haunted look seems like theres more to it behind the scenes. Some type of problems or something off in his life he just seemed way disconnected from reality. I feel bad for the guy, somethings up.
I feel like he always has that look though. Was actually thinking to myself that he probably looks cooler that way. Whatever the deal is ,he probably shouldn't be fighting in the UFC anymore.

Always struck me as kind of a lazy stoner who just doesn't actually do anything. Wakes up at noon, goes for a run, goes to the BJJ gym, goes out to eat, goes back to the gym, goes out to eat again ... and thats his whole day.

That pretty much nailed it.

He almost looks and acts like a homeless guy. It's weird and sad.

Sounds like a great life. I get up at 4am to go work in the sand mines and if I don’t pull my weight my boss whips my nuts with a car antenna

Thank you , I knew it was something along those lines. The commentators were so ignorant and not realize what bad shape the guy is in mentally. People are heartless.

If you are suggesting Kron's terrible fight performance is due to him being in some kind of mourning over Robson Gracie's passing, that is laughable. They were not close relatives at all

Oh absolutely, not knocking it whatsoever, just pointing out it's not very conducive to being an elite MMA fighter. I bet when you roll into open mats on hungover saturday morning he's tapping everyone.
I’d let him break my arms and legs if I was there

Thank you , I knew it was something along those lines. The commentators were so ignorant and not realize what bad shape the guy is in mentally. People are heartless.
He kinda seems like a douche. There was a video of him interacting with Cejudo and Cejudo was being friendly, not even taunting him or anything and he said he won't sign autographs with Cejudo there. Then his whole attitude with the media was crap too. He needs to open up a BJJ gym and sell training CDs.

Robson Gracie has barely any connection to Kron and lived in a different country.

I doubt Kron has been in the same room as Robson more than once or twice in his life.

How well do you know your elder cousin once removed?
So ... Brazil, a country Big on family, is the only country that doesn't do family reunions ?

He kinda seems like a douche. There was a video of him interacting with Cejudo and Cejudo was being friendly, not even taunting him or anything and he said he won't sign autographs with Cejudo there. Then his whole attitude with the media was crap too. He needs to open up a BJJ gym and sell training CDs.

Criticisms of Kron aside, the reason he got pissed at Cejudo is because Henry said "Where's Nate" and laughed in a condescending way. "Ah, Nate heh heh heh"

Kron took that as a shot at Nate and Nate's recent legal troubles in New Orleans

So Kron getting pissed was him backing up his friend.

Also: Kron has had his own jiu-jitsu school for a long time. First it was in Culver City, California, but in 2020 he moved it to Montana in the middle of nowhere

That is actually part of the problem. He is not training with other MMA guys and improving his MMA game at all, he is just doing jiu-jitsu at his own academy.

He’s pissed at the ruleset and thinks with longer rounds he’d be more successful as he’d have more time to work with his grappling. Probably feels once it gets to like 2-3 minutes into the round the round is dead for him

Back