LOL Dana still hates GSP

Oh look a crybaby GSP fan nitpicking the fact that someone doesn't have there head up his GSP's ass

In the 288 post presser he talked about how great Jones is, saying "Who other than Jon Jones has taken 3 years off and looked as incredible as he did, going in there finishing a guy in a division he has never fought before as easily as he did."

The reporter says "Maybe GSP but he had a tough time with Bisping", to which Dana replies: "I don't know know if anybody has ever done it like Jon Jones" - absolutely no-selling GSP. It's almost hilarious at this point.

Of course Jones made it look easier than GSP but

- GSP had been gone for 4 years, Jones had been gone for 3 years
- GSP was 37, Jones was 35
- Bisping had a lot of experience and is very well rounded with excellent tdd, Gane is hilariously one-dimensional with not one day of wrestling, grappling or jiu jitsu experience

Not saying Jones didn't look good. But absolutely no-selling GSP is ridiculous.

At 37:25

Gsp waa ducking Silva, Hendrix, mw contenders.

He's right though, Bisping gave Gsp a bunch of trouble. Even from his back and Gsp was about to gas when the knockdown happened. Jones ran through Gane flawless victory

GSP > Dana > Turd > Jones

He's right though, Bisping gave Gsp a bunch of trouble. Even from his back and Gsp was about to gas when the knockdown happened. Jones ran through Gane flawless victory

Styles make fights. Bisping was a way more complete fighter and experienced champion than Gane

From Gane's fights with Ngannou and Jones, it's now clear Gane has a big hole in his game that Jones was able to exploit.

Bisping had no such holes

That moment always cracks me up.
The funny part about that moment is considering Jones extensive criminal background, If anyone should be looking to avoid the other, it’s obviously GSP, avoiding Jones lol.

Hes not wrong though. Jones came back and sonned Gane arguably the most dominant title fight ever, GSP didnt do that in his fight with Bisping

Hes not wrong though. Jones came back and sonned Gane arguably the most dominant title fight ever, GSP didnt do that in his fight with Bisping
Bisping is better than Gane though, so there's that.

Only one of the 4 guys mentioned are 1-dimensional fighters with nothing on their back and that's Gane.

It's not about GSP but rather who is "his guy". What I mean by that is who is still in the UFC. He is a businessmann goddamn - what does he have to gain by hyping GSP instead of guys who are still in the company.

Bisping was on a win streak that included the divisional goat and the undisputed champion in a deep division.

Gane had beaten Tai after losing to the undisputed champion.

- GSP wasn't 37, was 36 first of all.

- And Gane >>> Bisping in the only thing Bisping could really complicate to GSP, that is purely striking.

- And in the day of their fights, GSP was 36 and Bisping 39. In the other hand, Jones was 35 and Gane 32. GSP was 3 years younger than Bisping and Jones 3 years older than Gane.

Your post lacks some information. But, yeah, just information that doesn't mean anything, I know. :rolleyes:

Although I dislike Dana, he is right. Nothing personal against GSP, but he cherry picked Bisping to came back and be MW champ. Jones at least tried Ngannou since the beginning and Ngannou got out from UFC.

I think your early points are valid, but it didn't appear that Jones was very motivated to make a fight with Ngannou. In March 2021, Ngannou won the HW belt after beating Miocic by KO. Jones had most of 2021 and all of 2022 to arrange a fight with Ngannou which would have paid Ngannou more $$$ than fighting Gane. Ngannou ended up fighting Gane in January 2022. I'm sure the UFC would have preferred a mega fight with Jones and Ngannou. The UFC would have paid Ngannou more to fight Jones than they did vs. Gane. I'm also sure that the UFC would have paid Jones much more to fight Ngannou in a super fight rather than they paid Jones to fight young LHW prospect Dominick Reyes in 2020. That was Jones' last fight at LHW which Jones was very fortunate to win on the judges score cards. I had Reyes winning 48-47 as did the vast majority of media analysts. Reyes should have been given the belt that night. Robbery? Yes, I believe so. Three rounds were lopsided in Reyes' favor and the two rounds that Jones won were competitive. Easy fight to score if you were paying attention and objective. Jones underperformed, but the system wasn't ready to get rid of a known meal ticket. Jones probably wasn't overly confident about fighting Ngannou after arguably losing to Reyes.

The Ngannou contract expired 12-31-2022. The UFC strips Ngannou of the HW belt on 01-14-2023 and on the very same day announces Jones vs. Gane for the vacant HW belt. It only took two weeks for Jones and the UFC to arrange a deal with a kick-boxer with limited MMA experience who would be at a tremendous disadvantage with the grappling aspects.

I was a massive Jones fan and still believe he is the UFC GOAT. However, overtime my rooting for Jones has become more neutral due to his frequent episodes of misbehavior while I still appreciate the talent and skills. However, if you are going to ding GSP for coming back to fight Bisping for the MW belt, you should ding Jones twice as a much for ducking Ngannou and cherry picking Gane for the HW belt. Bisping was a more legitimate and more well rounded MMA fighter vs. Gane.

I think your early points are valid, but it didn't appear that Jones was very motivated to make a fight with Ngannou. In March 2021, Ngannou won the HW belt after beating Miocic by KO. Jones had most of 2021 and all of 2022 to arrange a fight with Ngannou which would have paid Ngannou more $$$ than fighting Gane. Ngannou ended up fighting Gane in January 2022. I'm sure the UFC would have preferred a mega fight with Jones and Ngannou. The UFC would have paid Ngannou more to fight Jones than they did vs. Gane. I'm also sure that the UFC would have paid Jones much more to fight Ngannou in a super fight rather than they paid Jones to fight young LHW prospect Dominick Reyes in 2020. That was Jones' last fight at LHW which Jones was very fortunate to win on the judges score cards. I had Reyes winning 48-47 as did the vast majority of media analysts. Reyes should have been given the belt that night. Robbery? Yes, I believe so. Three rounds were lopsided in Reyes' favor and the two rounds that Jones won were competitive. Easy fight to score if you were paying attention and objective. Jones underperformed, but the system wasn't ready to get rid of a known meal ticket. Jones probably wasn't overly confident about fighting Ngannou after arguably losing to Reyes.

The Ngannou contract expired 12-31-2022. The UFC strips Ngannou of the HW belt on 01-14-2023 and on the very same day announces Jones vs. Gane for the vacant HW belt. It only took two weeks for Jones and the UFC to arrange a deal with a kick-boxer with limited MMA experience who would be at a tremendous disadvantage with the grappling aspects.

I was a massive Jones fan and still believe he is the UFC GOAT. However, overtime my rooting for Jones has become more neutral due to his frequent episodes of misbehavior while I still appreciate the talent and skills. However, if you are going to ding GSP for coming back to fight Bisping for the MW belt, you should ding Jones twice as a much for ducking Ngannou and cherry picking Gane for the HW belt. Bisping was a more legitimate and more well rounded MMA fighter vs. Gane.
It's actually mind boggling to me that anyone can say with a straight face that Gane is a better fighter than Bisping.

When Jones gets knocked out by Matt Serra then you can say GSP is just as good or better than him

It's actually mind boggling to me that anyone can say with a straight face that Gane is a better fighter than Bisping.

1. ChampionMichael Bisping
  2. 1Yoel Romero
  3. 2Luke Rockhold
  4. 3Ronaldo Souza
  5. 4Chris Weidman
  6. 5Gegard Mousasi
  7. 6Robert Whittaker
  8. 7Anderson Silva
  9. 8Vitor Belfort
  10. 9Derek Brunson
  11. 10Tim Kennedy

HEAVYWEIGHT
JON JONES
CHAMPION

1 Ciryl Gane
2 Sergei Pavlovich
3 Stipe Miocic
4 Curtis Blaydes
5 Tom Aspinall
6 Tai Tuivasa
7 Alexander Volkov
8 Serghei Spivac
9 Jairzinho Rozenstruik
10 Marcin Tybura

Relative to his division he is.
Gane has way better match ups in the top 10 compared to Bisping and actually earned a title shot.
+ I doubt Gane would got life and death with number 13 Dakaus like Bisping did with Henderson.

Back