Francis Ngannou: First PFL Opponent to Receive $2 Million Guarantee

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Francis Ngannou wasn’t looking out for only himself when he signed with Professional Fighters League.

The former UFC heavyweight champion took to YouTube to go over some of the details of his deal, which was initially announced early Tuesday morning. While Ngannou isn’t expected to fight for PFL until 2024, one of the most interesting aspects of the contract was the money it appears to have secured for his first opponent.

“This is the best business decision that I have ever done,” Ngannou said in the video. “At the beginning of my free agency I didn’t know that I could have a deal structure where I could have all this in one deal. I have myself a good guarantee, which is more important. And most importantly, I was even able to have a guarantee of $2 million for my opponent, [so] whomever I’m going to fight next is going to make money too.”

As previously reported, Ngannou will compete in PFL’s pay-per-view superfight division, which is expected to pay fighters a 50% revenue share from those events. He’ll also be chairman of the forthcoming PFL Africa and serve on an advisory board representing fighter interests.

Read Full Article Here

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/F...onent-to-Receive-362-Million-Guarantee-190005

Sherdog Article on Ngannou signing with PFL

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/francis-ngannou-signs-with-pfl-debut-expected-in-2024.4292036/

Last edited by a moderator:
Fedor coming out of his 2nd retirement?
A juiced reem rematch?
Bader if PFL buys bellator?
An unknown Eastern European wrestler who could lay on him?
miocic-ngannou-getty-ftr-032321_1ockib58krg7l1mpn2d7teh3kg.jpg

What would be a big fight in mma? Is this the ppv model? Who vs francis is worth a ppv fight?
Who is worth the 2 million?

They better hope there is some free agents leaving soon because the landscape is scarce. Francis was smart to leave he was one oblique kick away from jones from being done

Last edited:
Fedor coming out of his 2nd retirement?
A juiced reem rematch?
Bader if PFL buys bellator?
An unknown Eastern European wrestler who could lay on him?
What would be a big fight in mma? Is this the ppv model? Who vs francis is worth a ppv fight?
Who is worth the 2 million?

Tank Abbott

Can you actually make money in Africa? I know that Senegalese wrestling attracts a lot of people, but I doubt it is very profitable.

Back