Francis Ngannou: First PFL Opponent to Receive $2 Million Guarantee

You sound so ignorant saying this lol. Africa is the fastest growing continent on the planet with a lot of countries improving economically in recent years.
Let me put you in my bookmarks, son.

Who is worth the $2,000,000 opponent pay? I like Francis but I think PFL will regret this signing sooner than later

I assume most of the aspects of his contract are contingent upon successes. Much like when Eddie Alvarez said he'd signed an 8 figure deal with One, it sounded there like that total sum was not only 10,000,000 divided by X fights, but also predicated upon media appearances, sponsor deals, events playing out in a certain manner, etc.

I'm guessing that Francis has massive potential here, financially, but that essentially he's invested in the company's success now more so than if he'd simply signed an X amount for X fights contract. He undoubtedly will be more heavily involved in a ton of structural things behind the scenes to see that income manifest for himself.

But to your point, yeah, I don't see it all happening. PFL PPV is something I can't even contemplate seriously. No one will buy it.

They offered Ngannou $8million to fight Jones, how much do you think he dererves?

This is false isn't it? He wasn't offered $8m for one fight with Jones, I thought it was $8m for 3-4 fights. He said if he lost the first fight he'd wlearn dramatically less.

Exactly. How much freaking money should these guys be making?

What is the buy rate of a PFL PPV?

It was a 49.99 PPV and they did less than 30K. How much less? I don't know, could be a bit less or a lot less.

No wonder he's not fighting until 2024.

PFL needs a year to raise up enough money to pay for this stupidity.

We can all shit on PFL from business standpoint for doing this but damn..............It's the first time a true fighter at the top of game left the UFC and got some mad money. Got to give PFL some props for at least showing up and being real player for a big time fighter.

What’s your source that it’s bullshit?

Common sense. They guaranteed two million dollars to an unnamed opponent...whoever he is, and whenever the hell he fights sometime in 2024, maybe? Yeah, highly unlikely. It's a bait tactic. If they can't find a big name to sign with them for this fight, they're not gonna hand Joe "Big Cat" Mckenzie two million bucks.

Dana has convinced people that the UFC can't afford to pay fighters what they deserve. It's hilarious how people just eat up his bullshit

The question isn't about the UFC paying fighters what they deserve. The question is can other promotions pay fighters more than the UFC and survive.

You can have the best fighter on the planet on your roster and it doesn't mean fuck all on long term survival.

I0000iog1ALxr7BE.jpg

This isn't just a good guy move - this is PFL putting all MMA heavyweights on notice about what they could stand to make in this match up.

I assume most of the aspects of his contract are contingent upon successes. Much like when Eddie Alvarez said he'd signed an 8 figure deal with One, it sounded there like that total sum was not only 10,000,000 divided by X fights, but also predicated upon media appearances, sponsor deals, events playing out in a certain manner, etc.

I'm guessing that Francis has massive potential here, financially, but that essentially he's invested in the company's success now more so than if he'd simply signed an X amount for X fights contract. He undoubtedly will be more heavily involved in a ton of structural things behind the scenes to see that income manifest for himself.

But to your point, yeah, I don't see it all happening. PFL PPV is something I can't even contemplate seriously. No one will buy it.

My buddy who actually follows UFC, and to a lesser extent is aware of Bellator and ONE events and some of their guys, literally asked me this morning what PFL was based on off this news. Didn't have any idea it existed, but then liked the thought of an actual league like in other sports.

Now then they're going to try and pivot to PPVs and whatever the fuck card you want? You can't do that. Other leagues have fake exhibition games like All-Star games precisely to get AROUND their league setting and matchup what they want, but it's still all known that the event is just for fun. A league can't have non-league matchups that count otherwise it's not a league.

Like what, you sign the #1 HW in the world to your league and just... don't make him compete in it to determine the new #1 HW? How does that help your league?

PFL is getting Affliction'd.

Why are so many acting like this is PFL deal is a slam dunk in the face of the “haters”

Peeps said he wouldn’t go and box for the ridiculous sums being mentioned and he hasn’t.

He’s signed with the only organisation that would agree to his demands, that’s it.

Put it this way, how many times did “dream deal with PFL” get mentioned as a possibility before, it would have finished dead last in a poll.

Haters are right so far, honestly treating this as anything other than a disappointment is no better than if haters tried to downplay a Fury fight.

This is false isn't it? He wasn't offered $8m for one fight with Jones, I thought it was $8m for 3-4 fights. He said if he lost the first fight he'd wlearn dramatically less.

Wait...

Are you telling me that if Ngannou lost his belt against Jones he'd make less now that he was no longer champion and didn't deserve champion pay?

<TheWire1>

I am happy for him. Hope to see him fight soon.

Yeah I don't understand how this event will make enough money. Who can the get who is a legit draw?

Looking at the world rankings the only half decent sounding opponents are 45 year old Reem who Francis already murdered and maybe Bader if they could get him from Bellator but I can't see either doing numbers for PFL.

Bro....you're not allowed to ask that or you are called a UFC shill!

Back