Daniel Cormier explains why he believes Jim Miller isn’t a future UFC Hall of Famer

he's got a point, but that's clearly not how the ufc hof works. if cowboy's in, miller's in. fuck lauzon should be there too, brown too and arlo.

daniel-cormier-cry.gif

Isn't Donald Cerrone in UFC HOF? Very similar scenario to Jim Miller. If Cerrone is in, Miller is just as deserving. DC comparing him to an NFL offensive lineman is not a good comparison. An OL does not win or lose a game by himself. Miller has accomplished everything by himself. His record amount of wins, is all on him. I actually think he is more deserving than Cerrone, because Cerrone sucked his last few fights, and Miller is still kicking ass! Neither has ever been a real champion. Cerrone may have been an interim champ, but that's not totally a legit champ.
And Miller never threw a fight like Cerrone did.

I agree but Cowboy is in there so no reason to deny Jim Miller.

DC is arguing against his asinine view in the same sentence

Sure, time served doesn't mean Hall of Fame, but having the most wins certainly does. In pretty much all major sports the person with the most wins are in the Hall of Fame
<36>

In most sports having the most wins also coincides with having the most championships seeing as it's a tourney/league and winning means advancing. In MMA it doesn't (have to). Who gives a shit if you're winning against nobodies and never making it anywhere?

Miller has 25 wins in 42 UFC fights. Jon Jones has 21 wins in 23 fights, and the 2 fights that aren't wins he unofficially won. Who do you think has the better claim to Hall of Fame?

Of course the context of the accomplishments matter.

I wont speak for anyone else, but I'm saying that shorter time or not, DC was in the right place at the right time, all the way back to strikeforce. Jim Miller was not. Jim Miller holds enough records in the UFC that it should be beyond any contestation that he deserves a place in the HOF.

So you just have have to be in the right place at the right time to beat Mir, Rumble, Big Country, Stipe and so on.

No matter the mental gymnastics utilized by sherdoggers, there is no ways to put DC's accomplishment under Jim Miller's.

Some of the jabronis they have in there... Like cheating DC <puh-lease75>
Jim Miller is twice the hall of famer than this ''guy'' <{1-17}>
It’s incredibly disrespectful to a guy that could almost be called a legend of the sport. He’s been around before and after DC, DC is way out of line here and can kindly fuck off.
<3>

I love DC but hes an idiot sometimes too
This is a terrible take. Also DC & RC is a shitty show.

So you just have have to be in the right place at the right time to beat Mir, Rumble, Big Country, Stipe and so on.

No matter the mental gymnastics utilized by sherdoggers, there is no ways to put DC's accomplishment under Jim Miller's.
I didn't? But I can say that I think it's alot closer then you make it out to be. And it still doesn't matter. The question is whether Miller should be in the Hof or not and he damn sure should.

Find the NFL player with the most wins in their career.

Whoever that person is, I absolutely promise that they're either in the hall of fame or will be. 100% guaranteed. Period.

So even on that basis, DC is still wrong.

In baseball, for example, the pitcher with the most career wins is Cy Young. Not only is he a hall of famer, they literally have a yearly award named after him.
The NFL player with the most games won is Tom Brady... the goat... with like 6 championships as well. It would be hard to have most wins and no championships in football

That run he had up the Benson fight was pretty damn good work... he had only lost to like Gray Maynard... after the Nate loss we realized he's a fringe top ten guy.

That run he had up the Benson fight was pretty damn good work... he had only lost to like Gray Maynard... after the Nate loss we realized he's a fringe top ten guy.

Nothing wrong with that. He nonetheless had a really solid run against some fairly stiff competition in his early years and has managed remarkable longevity across his career. I don't think anyone has argued that he's elite so much as a solid, perennial gatekeeper. I was debunking a post that stated he had never entered the Top 10 in his entire career while Cerrone was Top 5 at multiple points. This exhibit was the best way to do that I could think of.

Whenever DC opens his mouth i like him a lot less. This is coming from a huge fan.

I am torn.
I agree with his overall point (not his logic) but I hate DC and want to criticize his point

Nothing wrong with that. He nonetheless had a really solid run against some fairly stiff competition in his early years and has managed remarkable longevity across his career. I don't think anyone has argued that he's elite so much as a solid, perennial gatekeeper. I was debunking a post that stated he had never entered the Top 10 in his entire career while Cerrone was Top 5 at multiple points. This exhibit was the best way to do that I could think of.
Oh I'm a Jim Miller fan idk if he is really hall of fame or not... more like hall of really good... his problem is he was never very popular... he's a great fighter and die hards always knew they could rely on a good fight but he wasn't selling ppvs at any point in his career like Nate Diaz or Cowboy Cerrone

UFC hall of fame, sure he can go in for the most UFC wins, but MMA hall of fame? Absolutely not.

Also i like how it's suddenly ok to fighter bash on Sherdog whenever said fighter looks like DC.

<Durant35>

Oh I'm a Jim Miller fan idk if he is really hall of fame or not... more like hall of really good... his problem is he was never very popular... he's a great fighter and die hards always knew they could rely on a good fight but he wasn't selling ppvs at any point in his career like Nate Diaz or Cowboy Cerrone

My position is that if the UFC had limited entrance into the HoF way back when to only elite, legendary-level All-Time Greats who were of championship-caliber the way many other sports do... then, no, Jim would absolutely not have a case. But the precedent established by having Cerrone inducted and some of the logic used to bring in weaker champs as well makes me think that Miller has a serious claim -- especially if he pulls off the insane hat trick he wants to of having been the only man to fight on UFC 100, 200, and 300. He holds a number of records within the promotion, was as a Top 5 guy for a while, has several solid wins on his resume over Zuffa champions, plenty of finishes, and has shown a remarkable amount of longevity across his career. He may not have been quite the needle-mover Cerrone or Diaz were, but he was still a fairly well-liked and popular guy amongst hardcore fans.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why people say Miller isn't a HoF-worthy fighter and by the standards of most sports I would agree. But with Cerrone making it in... I don't know. Unless you're really splitting hairs by saying that Cerrone was ranked longer/more often than Miller and a bit more popular, but those both sorta ring hollow to me especially since I feel Jim's longevity, records, and proposed hat trick would go a way towards closing that distance.

I could go either way on it, personally. I don't feel it would be a grave injustice if he wasn't inducted, but I think there's plenty of case to have him put in given the current precedent. Just my two cents.

Jim is definitely a hall of fame fighter.

Also, according to Jim’s tapology he has only pulled out of one fight in his entire ufc career and it was due to covid so mandatory pull out.
That's insane, should talked more

Back