Daniel Cormier explains why he believes Jim Miller isn’t a future UFC Hall of Famer

Sick85

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
a0636a4336b4b6094024ca061c02d7e2

Daniel Cormier has a lot of respect for Jim Miller, but doesn’t believe his career is worthy of a spot in the UFC Hall of Fame.
“I tap out, bro,” Cormier said during a segment of “DC & RC”. “I don’t feel like time served immediately puts you in the Hall of Fame. Look, he’s got more wins than anyone else. But, I love Jim Miller and that makes it hard for me – but I just don’t feel like time served puts you in the Hall of Fame.

“RC, there’s an offensive lineman in the NFL right now that played 20 years. Is that guy going into the Hall of Fame just because he played 20 years? It doesn’t work that way, RC. You have to have accomplishments to go into the Hall of Fame.”https://www.yahoo.com/sports/daniel-cormier-explains-why-believes-133030659.html
Do you agree with DC here?

Timestamped:

“I don’t feel like time served immediately puts you in the Hall of Fame. Look, he’s got more wins than anyone else. But, I love Jim Miller and that makes it hard for me – but I just don’t feel like time served puts you in the Hall of Fame.
DC is arguing against his asinine view in the same sentence

Sure, time served doesn't mean Hall of Fame, but having the most wins certainly does. In pretty much all major sports the person with the most wins are in the Hall of Fame
<36>

Miller has had some great fights and should be in there on that basis. FOTY contenders very frequently in the last 10+ years. It's not just his longevity that's impressive, it's his ability to remain competitive even when he was never the best fighter in the division. He keeps working and learning and adapting. He's always game for a fight and never just plays it safe.

The UFC is "sports entertainment" more than a pure sport organization, and based on that, Miller should be in the hall for sure. He's entertained us for more than double the time that DC did (in the UFC).

Isn't Cowboy in the UFC HOF? If so, on what grounds could you deny Jim Miller?

If I recall correctly, Cowboy had one UFC title fight and he was finished in about a minute? I'm not trying to throw shade, I just want someone to point out if I'm missing something.

a0636a4336b4b6094024ca061c02d7e2

Daniel Cormier has a lot of respect for Jim Miller, but doesn’t believe his career is worthy of a spot in the UFC Hall of Fame.
“I tap out, bro,” Cormier said during a segment of “DC & RC”. “I don’t feel like time served immediately puts you in the Hall of Fame. Look, he’s got more wins than anyone else. But, I love Jim Miller and that makes it hard for me – but I just don’t feel like time served puts you in the Hall of Fame.

“RC, there’s an offensive lineman in the NFL right now that played 20 years. Is that guy going into the Hall of Fame just because he played 20 years? It doesn’t work that way, RC. You have to have accomplishments to go into the Hall of Fame.”https://www.yahoo.com/sports/daniel-cormier-explains-why-believes-133030659.html
Do you agree with DC here?
Absolutely not, him comparing the UFC to the NFL is idiotic. The NFL has been around for way longer than the UFC has been around and there's been way more athletes in the NFL than there has been in UFC. His argument is terrible. Jim Miller should be in the Hall of Fame for similar reasons as to why Donald Cerrone is in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Isn't Cowboy in the UFC HOF? If so, on what grounds could you deny Jim Miller?

If I recall correctly, Cowboy had one UFC title fight and he was finished in about a minute? I'm not trying to throw shade, I just want someone to point out if I'm missing something.
I think comparing him to Cerrone is a great example of why he should be in the Hall of Fame Cerone never won a major title either.

Last edited:
Absolutely not, him comparing the UFC to the NFL is idiotic. The NFL has been around for way longer than the UFC has been around and there's been way more athletes in the NFL than there has been in UFC. His argument is terrible.
It's also true that the NFL hall of fame has players who never won a championship.

Same for baseball, basketball, etc.

So how can he say that only champions deserve it, when the example he gives is full of non-champions?

Stupid. Especially in sports entertainment, entertainment absolutely matters, and Miller is always entertaining.

It's also true that the NFL hall of fame has players who never won a championship.

Same for baseball, basketball, etc.

So how can he say that only champions deserve it, when the example he gives is full of non-champions?

Stupid. Especially in sports entertainment, entertainment absolutely matters, and Miller is always entertaining.
He also has too many records to not be in the Hall of Fame, how many NFL record holders are not in the NFL Hall of Fame or are not expected to be probably not many at all.

Back