Daniel Cormier explains why he believes Jim Miller isn’t a future UFC Hall of Famer

a0636a4336b4b6094024ca061c02d7e2

Daniel Cormier has a lot of respect for Jim Miller, but doesn’t believe his career is worthy of a spot in the UFC Hall of Fame.
“I tap out, bro,” Cormier said during a segment of “DC & RC”. “I don’t feel like time served immediately puts you in the Hall of Fame. Look, he’s got more wins than anyone else. But, I love Jim Miller and that makes it hard for me – but I just don’t feel like time served puts you in the Hall of Fame.

“RC, there’s an offensive lineman in the NFL right now that played 20 years. Is that guy going into the Hall of Fame just because he played 20 years? It doesn’t work that way, RC. You have to have accomplishments to go into the Hall of Fame.”https://www.yahoo.com/sports/daniel-cormier-explains-why-believes-133030659.html
Do you agree with DC here?

Hes having flash backs to eating jones head kick.

Some of the jabronis they have in there... Like cheating DC <puh-lease75>
Jim Miller is twice the hall of famer than this ''guy'' <{1-17}>

Jim Miller is twice the HOF than double champ DC ??? WTF lol. WTF LOL. Dude has only lost to Jones and Stipe, has better accomplishment in both sport he has practiced but yet Miller is better because you hate DC.

Fuckin sherdog

There are a lot of great athletes in all sports that never win a championship. Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, and Randy Moss never won Super Bowls, but nobody would question their HOF credentials. Ken Griffey Jr., Tony Gwynn, and Ernie Banks never won a World Series. A title should not be the only consideration. If we want to look at non-team sports, boxing has a great example in Sam Langford. He never won a world title, but held a record of 167-38-37. He's in the International, American, and Canadian Boxing Halls of Fame.

Hell, I think Jon Fitch should be in the UFC hall. If it weren't for GSP in his way, he'd likely be looked at as the most dominant 170 lb. fighter in UFC history.

A title is not just about ability, it's about opportunity, and a little bit of luck. If Jones hadn't had Jones issues, DC would've NEVER held the LHW title and most likely wouldn't have been gifted the HW title shot that he got because he was the LHW champ.

“RC, there’s an offensive lineman in the NFL right now that played 20 years. Is that guy going into the Hall of Fame just because he played 20 years? It doesn’t work that way, RC. You have to have accomplishments to go into the Hall of Fame.”https://www.yahoo.com/sports/daniel-cormier-explains-why-believes-133030659.html
Do you agree with DC here?

If DC wants to use the NFL lineman analogy, then take it all the way. Don't just pick a random linemen with 20 years of experience, pick the three NFL linemen with the most games played in NFL history.

Yes, you guess it, all three of them (Mick Tingelhoff, Will Shields and Gene Upshaw) are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
DC feels inclined to say controversial shit, because he commentates and has the shows. But because he's a nimrod, he often frames his argument poorly.

Jim Miller remained competitive and active in two of the hardest weight classes MMA has to offer. Notable wins

Gomi
Oliveira
Tibau
Lauzon
Cerrone
Guida
Guillard

And prime versions of many of these mind you. But DC isn't entirely wrong, he has plenty of losses and was/is gatekeeping for a long time. I could be convinced in either direction

But comparing him to one NFL offensive lineman was just stupid. They aren't even compatible to compare

Isn't Cowboy in the UFC HOF? If so, on what grounds could you deny Jim Miller?

If I recall correctly, Cowboy had one UFC title fight and he was finished in about a minute? I'm not trying to throw shade, I just want someone to point out if I'm missing something.

I thought people were saying Cowboy didn't deserve to be in the hall of fame? Miller never even made it to a title shot.

Fighting into your late 30s as a lightweight is quite the accomplishment but when the vast majority of it is spent being a prelim fighter I'm not sure how much that should count for. He's had multiple losing streaks that would have seen another fighter cut.

If the UFC had a traditional Hall of Fame, and a few more decades of history, then absolutely not.
But given how it's structured, he definitely deserves to be there.

He's had a weird career though. He's definitely elite and he's had some really big wins, but whenever he's seemed close enough to sniff a title shot, the train comes off the rails.
For as bad as it sounds, he's the definition of a gatekeeper.

cerrone was usually a top 5 guy for many years.

was miller even top 5 for a month?
I really don't know. If he never had a title fight, I would say no. Good point. Does that mean you don't think Miller should be a HOF'er?

Pretty sure Miller was top 5 when Edgar and Henderson were champion on and off for a period of years.

Last edited:
He needs a few Slap Fights to be considered for the HOF
DC is in the SOF Shill Of Fame

that DC RC podcast needs to be cancelled

Isn't Cowboy in the UFC HOF? If so, on what grounds could you deny Jim Miller?

If I recall correctly, Cowboy had one UFC title fight and he was finished in about a minute? I'm not trying to throw shade, I just want someone to point out if I'm missing something.

Cowboy was elite for like 5 years then fell of deep. Miller was never ranked top 5 probably not top 10 ever.

DC is lazy and likes to say controversial things for the sake of it.

Laura and Weidman criticise him for not doing his homework but still wanting to give his opinion on things he hasn't thought through or done any research into.

I thought this moment sums up DC as a commentator very well, he speaks out of ignorance constantly, and claims it's on purpose to give a perception of someone with "fresh eyes" LMAO.

It's also true that the NFL hall of fame has players who never won a championship.

Same for baseball, basketball, etc.

So how can he say that only champions deserve it, when the example he gives is full of non-champions?

Stupid. Especially in sports entertainment, entertainment absolutely matters, and Miller is always entertaining.
I agree. To use an NBA example, a dude like Reggie Miller deserves to be in the HOF even if he never won a championship, while a dude like Renan Barao, even thiugh he won and defended the belt, is not anyone's first-ballot HOF choice.

Miller deserves to be in the HOF.

DC is lazy and likes to say controversial things for the sake of it.

Laura and Weidman criticise him for not doing his homework but still wanting to give his opinion on things he hasn't thought through or done any research into.

I thought this moment sums up DC as a commentator very well, he speaks out of ignorance constantly, and claims it's on purpose to give a perception of someone with "fresh eyes" LMAO.

"The regional scene is not real" according to DC. Well, there you have it folks, the genius has spoken, pack it up, regional scene is not real, Miller doesn't belong in the HOF, end of discussion.

You cannot put any stock at all into what this shill says. He changes his stance every day and is a UFC puppet.
no denying that DC is a big influencer, he's also an idiot and his words have some pull.

There was a period when he was 20-2 so he definitely was during that time.
To me the simple solution for both sides of the argument is to put him in the Fight Wing, UFC considers his 2012 fight with Joe Lauzon their FOTY so it makes perfect sense (I'd even have them announce the induction after his fight at UFC 300)
Its a similar situation to Clay Guida and Diego Sanchez, neither can really go in on their own merits but they certainly can with their FOTY.

Back