Daniel Cormier explains why he believes Jim Miller isn’t a future UFC Hall of Famer

Dana is hoping Andrei loses his next fight to cut him and make more profit. Anyone know how much Jim is getting per fight?
Dana can cut andrei now if he wants. He doesnt need to hope. If he didnt want Andrei to make 300 k he would have never gave him that

-Most Wins in UFC History (25)
-Most bouts in UFC History (42)
-Most bouts in UFC Lightweight Division (39)*
-Most wins in UFC Lightweight Division (22)*
-Most finishes in UFC Lightweight Division (15)*
-Second most finishes in UFC history (17)
-Second most submission Finishes in UFC History (11)
7x Fight of the Night
4x Performance of the Night
3x Sub of the Night
2012 Fight of the Year
5th most Post Fight Bonuses in UFC History (14)

*arguably toughest division in the sport

You tell me if the fighter with this resume is HOF worthy or not.

Dana can cut andrei now if he wants. He doesnt need to hope. If he didnt want Andrei to make 300 k he would have never gave him that

What I dont understand is why drop Overeem and keep Andrei? No offense to him, hes gangster at his age still getting in there and doing his thing but Overeem although weathered was still doing decently.

Dana has alterior motivations to make that statement being Arlovski has a bloated contract but I can’t say either way as its a fair statement
Ulterior. Anyway, imagine if Dana said he wanted AA to continue.

"OMG, THAT MONSTER ONLY CARES ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE, HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT THAT THIS LEGEND IS GOING TO BE CTE'D INTO BOLIVIAN, WHAT ABOUT HIS FAMILY, FUCK DANA", etc, etc.

Fucking weirdos.

Reactions: HHJ
What I dont understand is why drop Overeem and keep Andrei? No offense to him, hes gangster at his age still getting in there and doing his thing but Overeem although weathered was still doing decently.
Overeem didn't want to be on the undercard fighting no names. He wanted to be champ and that wasn't gonna happen

I'd agree with DC's comments if the UFC HOF had standards. But it doesn't. Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida are in it. So is Forrest Griffin. In other sports, the HOF is reserved for the truly elite. In UFC, it's like matchmaking and rankings - someone is just making a frivolous judgment call.

being in the hall of fame for a FIGHT is much different than being in the hall of fame as a FIGHTER. stay on topic.

-Most Wins in UFC History (25)
-Most bouts in UFC History (42)
-Most bouts in UFC Lightweight Division (39)*
-Most wins in UFC Lightweight Division (22)*
-Most finishes in UFC Lightweight Division (15)*
-Second most finishes in UFC history (17)
-Second most submission Finishes in UFC History (11)
7x Fight of the Night
4x Performance of the Night
3x Sub of the Night
2012 Fight of the Year
5th most Post Fight Bonuses in UFC History (14)

*arguably toughest division in the sport

You tell me if the fighter with this resume is HOF worthy or not.
If the UFC HoF was related to the quality of one's career, then no. He's absolutely not worthy. Beating 20 cans pales into insignificance when compared to winning one world title, for example.

But the UFC HoF isn't, so fire away.

I'd agree with DC's comments if the UFC HOF had standards. But it doesn't. Diego Sanchez and Clay Guida are in it. So is Forrest Griffin. In other sports, the HOF is reserved for the truly elite. In UFC, it's like matchmaking and rankings - someone is just making a frivolous judgment call.

Yeah it's kinda like an 'outstanding service to the company' award. So it makes sense in that perspective that those fighters you mentioned were added, and under that same perspective it would make sense for Miller.

I think most of us would rather it be aligned with other sports like how DC views it.

If Cerrone is in the UFC's make believe HOF with fight bonuses and random markers as qualifiers, then Miller should be in it as well. It isn't Canton or Cooperstown. It's a company basically bestowing a lifetime achievement award for a fighter's career.

DC is doing his talking head thing, giving a hot take, getting the people going.

Jim Miller is a staple of the UFC. His grit is unquestionable. His game style of fighting is undeniable. Excellent ambassador for MMA. His sheer volume of donations to the JBG is the stuff of legends and should be in the HOF right?

On the other hand analyze fairly Jim Miller’s career as you do other fighters. Analyze prime Jim Miller. Analyze post prime Jim Miller. Analyze peak run Jim Miller? Which part looked HOF worthy? At what point? What DC said isn’t offensive it’s a perspective you agree with or don’t. If at no point in your career you looked HOF worthy you are being inducted for tenure. I don’t need to agree to understand that opinion.

Sherdog is up in arms over a very valid argument. You can agree or disagree with the man but calling him out on the matter is false outrage at its finest. Personally I love every second of it. War DC. He earned my respect on this one for having the balls to be honest on a fair point whilst rustling the jims

proper journeyman

If the UFC HoF was related to the quality of one's career, then no. He's absolutely not worthy. Beating 20 cans pales into insignificance when compared to winning one world title, for example.

But the UFC HoF isn't, so fire away.

The moment they announced Cerrone was in opened the flood gates for the Jim Millers and many others to get in.

"Look, he’s got more wins than anyone else. But...you have to have accomplishments to go into the Hall of Fame."

ImmenseHeartfeltDutchsmoushond-max-1mb.gif

being in the hall of fame for a FIGHT is much different than being in the hall of fame as a FIGHTER. stay on topic.
Cerrone got in, that alone makes Miller worthy of getting in as well.

At the end of the day it's the UFC HOF, not the MMA HOF. Dana's opinion of you matters more than your achievements

Back