Dumbest thing you've heard

My brother's 38yr stepson who regularly attended church as a child had never heard the story of Noah and the Ark. My father's tenant who thought maggots came from rice.

They do.

tumblr_p8iltwk4ut1ws13fzo1_500.gif

One time I installed some bollards in the cement with a hammer drill and some anchor bolts at a Best Buy in San Francisco surrounded by homeless camps at the 2 entrances to the store. I included chains and a lock to connect to the adjacent bollard during closing hours to prevent cars from entering and parking there overnight. For reference, I included a photo below of what it would look like, more or less.

upload_2023-6-21_7-17-19.png

The property wasn't fenced in or anything, and the chain was only to keep people from entering with vehicles. The security guard for the store asked me if they could keep out people on foot.

one hot summer, was sitting on the couch and when my mom sat next to me i moved and she asked why...i told her its too hot to sit next to someone, don't need the body heat. She then says "if you can feel someones body heat then that means you're gay", I was 8-ish at the time and knew then that i was already smarter than my mother.
Are you gay?

I hate to say it mate, but I'm on the customer's side. It's 2023 and your staff hasn't been trained in ESP and telepathy? Come on...
We're a little behind the times. They do have us in line for some computer chips in our brains, basically making us cyborgs. Probably the next best thing to being psychic.

Anyone that argues that a Trans Woman on hormone blockers has no advantage over a biological woman is pretty dumb. I heard a liberal in these forums say that shoplifting unfairly targets black people because it's in their culture to steal. But the absolute dumbest thing I ever heard is a guy that believes the Earth is flat because he says if it was round, we would fall off.

Anyone that argues that a Trans Woman on hormone blockers has no advantage over a biological woman is pretty dumb. I heard a liberal in these forums say that shoplifting unfairly targets black people because it's in their culture to steal. But the absolute dumbest thing I ever heard is a guy that believes the Earth is flat because he says if it was round, we would fall off.

Who said it was their culture to steal ...that's some serious wow. If that's true that would completely justify being prejudice/racist against said group would it not?

Disclaimer. I am not being racist and I do not think that's true I'm just following that stupid statement to it's conclusion and pointing out just how dumb it is

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of people.

I told one my friends about the time I saw fresh water dolphins in the Mekong river in Cambodia, and she responds that I didn't. Dolphins don't live in rivers she says. When It old her I saw them with my own eyes and took videos of them, she said that they must've caught them from the ocean and put them in the river for tourists. This statement was so dumb I didn't know how to respond. That she said this with so much confidence and certainty in her voice is what bewildered me. I just told her to look up freshwater dolphin species.

I met a girl who worked at Yosemite National Park and she said she would sometimes get tourists asking her to "turn on the waterfall."

I also met people who complain about beaches being too small not realizing they were there at high tide.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?

Ahh we all have been there I simply tell them about the Dunning Kreuger effect and the relationship becomes a bit severed afterwards but it has to be done.

I heard about some rich people who paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and their lives to ride a submarine that is controlled by an Xbox controller, down to the Titanic.
Too soon buddy

Back