Hooker has no chance

The only thing hooker is good for is a spot in the ranking for McGreGOAT to take

Hooker has been in a ton of brutal fights and it just depends on how active he is on the feet imo. If he goes grapple heavy he can win. I like Turner though as a prospect, and if Hooker trades with him he's likely getting knocked out.

Hooker definitely seems to have declined as of late. I've got Turner by stoppage. Massive for the weight class and 100% finish rate in his victories. This likely won't bode well for Hooker.

I'm actually thinking Hooker holds his own here.
Hooker looked great in his last out and used some solid feints and range control despite not being as aggressive as usual. I'm not really sold on Turner, sure he's athletic but he sorta pot shots without too much set up and I think against a well seasoned striker (Not a broken Riddell) I think Hooker is going to be able to force his type of pace with solid leg kicks, jab and knees.

People seem to really love the raw athleticism of Turner but Gamrot was boxing him up quite a bit and I think Hooker's style will be even more effective with his size.

As a 2-1 dog I think he's a great bet. He's lost to a lot of top fighters, but it wasn't that long ago that he took the first 11 minutes off Poirier. If he could have just held onto 2 more minutes of gas, the entire LW landscape of the last few years changes.

I certainly wouldn't bet on Turner -250.

Tony Ferguson vs Jalin Turner would be a closer matchup.

Gamrot was outstriking turner in the second round, and I watched turners fight against frevola and again, Frevola was out striking him in the second round, in and out landing jabs hooks and low kicks, a guy like Dan with a much longer reach than frevola or turner, while also being a much better striker, I really feel like people are counting out a guy they shouldn’t be. But hey maybe turner will knock him out in 20 seconds and I’ll look silly lol

Crazy how downhill Hookers gone since facing Chandler.

He basically spent a lot of his ability to absorb damage in the DP fight.

It’s one of the most brutal 5 round beatings in the last decade; even though he hurts Dustin bad at the end of the 2nd for 80% of the fight he is walking into flush counters that should be KO shots.

Since then he just looks shook when he starts taking heavy shots, he used to be able to soak up damage but now he mentally doesn’t want to.

Really limits his game because he isn’t that fast, he needs you to come after him or brawl with him to get openings but he doesn’t seem to want to get pulled into dog fights any longer.

Can’t say I blame him, but this doesn’t end well.

I guess there is always a chance, but when the fight actually happens, we will see that Dan Hooker has no chance. Guess the real question is does Dan get slept early or take a 3 round beat down?

I predict brutal 2nd round KO loss for Hooker. He hasn't been the same since Islam daddy'd him.

Hooker has been underestimated a lot only to surprise everyone.

That said, I don't think he takes this one.

slap-jesus.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Rosen
Back