Opinion On the subject of western Maoism

Can you give an example of people on the right gtrying to resolve a disagreement with force?

are you serious?
Capitol_Riot_0.jpg

The doctor is Peter McCullough, a renowned Cardiologist. Who gets to decide what is a false claim (disinformation/misinformation). It was early on in the pandemic and there was consensus but not settled scientific evidence of what was true or false (lab leak, nature etc... for example).

Well, first note that truth is truth. But second, everyone gets to decide what they think is true.

I think you are way off the mark by saying rightists don't believe in truth and are more likely to lie about what people believe or resolve a disagreement with force or personal attacks. Can you give an example of people on the right gtrying to resolve a disagreement with force?

On the first point, I gave a couple of examples of how what could be real arguments (immigration policy, police policy) are marred by rightists just lying to avoid the discussion. Many areas where we see similar things. Anyone following the evidence on climate change, the impact of regressive tax cuts, evolution, and more will find themselves on the outs with the movement--and those are not value judgments, it's just that the right as a movement rejects the notion of objective truth. On the last point, think of the movement to shut down Twitter because they fact-checked the president.

are you serious?
Capitol_Riot_0.jpg

Do u mean the capitol riot that was denounced by many republicans?

Let's not forget that the violent and undemocratic riot in portland against trump's election victory in 2016.

There are always going to be people who go too far on both sides. That shouldn't be used as a stick to beat right thinking people on both sides.

U r using a straw man. Pls refer to lindsay's very comprehensive definition of qhat is woke culture as referenced to the purveyors of that idea themselves.

What do you mean? I'm saying that authoritarians keep misleadingly shifting the meaning they use.

I think it's pretty spot on, especially in this context. It doesn't take much energy or effort to dismiss this type of online only bullshit, nor should it.

Hell, you aren't even American.

Typical response of an ideologically possessed leftist. Just insult and dismiss others who disagree with them without interacting with them.

What do you mean? I'm saying that authoritarians keep misleadingly shifting the meaning they use.
I understood u as agreeing with that other poster that lindaay didn't define what he meant by woke culture. I provided a link where he did at great length.

I understood u as agreeing with that other poster that lindaay didn't define what he meant by woke culture. I provided a link where he did at great length.

It's not that there's no definitions--it's that there are multiple ones used inconsistently.

Do u mean the capitol riot that was denounced by many republicans?

Let's not forget that the violent and undemocratic riot in portland against trump's election victory in 2016.

There are always going to be people who go too far on both sides. That shouldn't be used as a stick to beat right thinking people on both sides.
was it denounced by the leader of the republican party?

did democrats plan the BLM riots? did democrats make the police kill those black people to start the riots?

The last Republican president literally tried to overthrow democratic rule in America, with the support of a lot of the party. Republican justices just took a long-established right away from people. Another major GOP contender is arguing that millions of people should have their voting rights taken. WTF are you talking about? There's a lot more that one can say on the subject. The GOP also has been pushing hard against freedom of speech.

???

"Cancel culture" = "people being allowed to disagree with rightists," no? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from criticism or from being out of step with the culture. It means you're free to speak.

In what sense do you think the mainstream left doesn't accept freedom of religion?

Trump's own party did not back him. Pence refused to do what he wanted. Isn't that proof of the republicans' devotion to the constitution amd rule of law? Sure there are some militant trumpists but the Democrats have their own militant Marxist types too.

Which gop candidate wanted whose voting rights to be taken? I must have missed that...

As for the reversal of roe v wade, no one has the right to murder ones own baby. That reversal potentially saved the lives of hundreds of thoisands of American babies in the womb and reversed an eggregious overstep of scotus authority that should never have been made. That was a great day for life, democracy and justice when roe v wade was sent to the scrap heap of history.

Cancel culture is also synonymous with deplatforming and which leftists are very fond of enforcing against those on the right. It starts with being censored or silenced or having ones posts deleted or banned from social media, to pressure to ones employer to sack the offending person for expressing his politics or religious view, to boycotting businesses etc. That has happened to numerous ordinary people.

was it denounced by the leader of the republican party?

did democrats plan the BLM riots? did democrats make the police kill those black people to start the riots?

The riot was denounced by numerous Republican leaders. The Republican party didn't plan the capitol riot either.

On the portland riots even if the police killed blacks that did not justify the riots.

The riot was denounced by numerous Republican leaders. The Republican party didn't plan the capitol riot either.

On the portland riots even if the police killed blacks that did not justify the riots.
thats funny, the leader of the GOP is now having legal trouble for planing the capitol riot...
F1UpDKVX0AA6tPH

Trump's own party did not back him. Pence refused to do what he wanted. Isn't that proof of the republicans' devotion to the constitution amd rule of law? Sure there are some militant trumpists but the Democrats have their own militant Marxist types too.

It's proof that Pence didn't think he could get away with it. But among voters, there was widespread sympathy for Trump's cause. And, sure, there are some Democrats who have rightist views of democracy, but it's not nearly as common.

Which gop candidate wanted whose voting rights to be taken? I must have missed that...

Ramaswarmy. And Trump is the leading contender. And RDS is also high on the list.

As for the reversal of roe v wade, no one has the right to murder ones own baby. That reversal potentially saved the lives of hundreds of thoisands of American babies in the womb and reversed an eggregious overstep of scotus authority that should never have been made. That was a great day for life, democracy and justice when roe v wade was sent to the scrap heap of history.

I understand that you support taking people's rights, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Cancel culture is also synonymous with deplatforming and which leftists are very fond of enforcing against those on the right. It starts with being censored or silenced or having ones posts deleted or banned from social media, to pressure to ones employer to sack the offending person for expressing his politics or religious view, to boycotting businesses etc. That has happened to numerous ordinary people.

"Deplatforming" also is not an infringement on speech. Also note that it's not like liberals get a big platform on rightist sites.

Perhaps this link to what lindsay appears to define wokeness as may help...

https://newdiscourses.com/tftw-woke-wokeness/

I think that provides a perfectly good definition of Woke -

"The notion of 'getting woke' (or staying woke) is defined as being acutely aware of racial and social injustice—not just awareness and acknowledgement of isolated incidents, but awareness from a position of understanding systemic and institutional racism."​

It just has nothing to do with marxism. And trying to torturously drag the concept of "getting woke" through Americal legal theory, and somehow make the leap economic theory grinding past "late-stage-capitalism", past social democracy, past basic marxism, and shoe horn it in to Maoism is not just a strech... it's laugable.

Most "woke" kids just think George Floyd didn't need his neck compressed for 9 minutes. There's no direct line between that and social upheaval. We can provide a greater level of social justice without anyone become the footsoldiers of a communist army. It seems crazy to me that anyone would need that pointed out.

It's proof that Pence didn't think he could get away with it. But among voters, there was widespread sympathy for Trump's cause. And, sure, there are some Democrats who have rightist views of democracy, but it's not nearly as common.

Ramaswarmy. And Trump is the leading contender. And RDS is also high on the list.

I understand that you support taking people's rights, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

"Deplatforming" also is not an infringement on speech. Also note that it's not like liberals get a big platform on rightist sites.

No, pence refused to do it becsuse it was in his view against his constitutional role. You choose to take the most unfavourable rationale possible for his commendable action...

Liberating the camps in poland and defeating and overthrowing the nazi government in Germany also meant the withdrawal of the right to exterminate Jews as well in the concentration camps. Its a good thing to withdraw rights to do evil things.

Deplatforming goes way beyond preferring to buy from Republican supporting suppliers. It involves the malicious and intentional act of applying economic and social pressure so as to get somebody sacked or to destroy someone's business purely because of his political or religious stand. It also includes silencing and censoring someone which is a direct curtailing of his freedom of speech.

Last edited:
thats funny, the leader of the GOP is now having legal trouble for planing the capitol riot...
F1UpDKVX0AA6tPH

And there i was thinking the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty still applied...

It's also not irrelevant that this indictment would color Trump's campaign and prejudice it in circs where trump would be the democrats biggest opponent to relection.

I think that provides a perfectly good definition of Woke -

"The notion of 'getting woke' (or staying woke) is defined as being acutely aware of racial and social injustice—not just awareness and acknowledgement of isolated incidents, but awareness from a position of understanding systemic and institutional racism."​

It just has nothing to do with marxism. And trying to torturously drag the concept of "getting woke" through Americal legal theory, and somehow make the leap economic theory grinding past "late-stage-capitalism", past social democracy, past basic marxism, and shoe horn it in to Maoism is not just a strech... it's laugable.

Most "woke" kids just think George Floyd didn't need his neck compressed for 9 minutes. There's no direct line between that and social upheaval. We can provide a greater level of social justice without anyone become the footsoldiers of a com4munist army. It seems crazy to me that anyone would need that pointed out.

The fact that you cannot see the endemic Marxism running through the progressive ideology that has taken over the democratic party isn't surprising - its always hard to accept the truth when u r part of the system ...

Back