Media Dustin Poirier did not go to salt lake early

Duke Kensington

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

in the embedded he was still in Florida at least until the 20th…
While salt lake isn’t super high altitude Justin does live and train at higher altitude regularly.

IMG_7201.jpeg
https://www.uphillathlete.com/wp-co...e-competing-at-moderate-to-high-altitudes.pdf
From this link it seems like 14+ days is optimal.

both Alex and Jan have been in Utah for the last 2 weeks.
I think this could help Gaethje especially since Justin is now more calculated and this fight very well could go the distance

in the embedded he was still in Florida at least until the 20th…
While salt lake isn’t super high altitude Justin does live and train at higher altitude regularly.

View attachment 993007
https://www.uphillathlete.com/wp-co...e-competing-at-moderate-to-high-altitudes.pdf
From this link it seems like 14+ days is optimal.

both Alex and Jan have been in Utah for the last 2 weeks.
I think this could help Gaethje especially since Justin is now more calculated and this fight very well could go the distance

That's understandable. Nobody really wants to go to Salt Lake City early

jfc I hope he's using an altitude tent or something - Dana dumb asf for booking this in SLC for real though, I mean there's no reason for it. Not a really big or famous city, not a hometown to anyone involved, and on top of that there's the altitude which is notorious for ruining fights and in particular making the fighters tired and weak and less entertaining

Common Dana L

lol, I'm sure he would. But no length of time at altitude would've enabled Velasquez to win that fight.
An unacclimated Cain coming off of a long layoff filled with injuries/surgeries, and being gassed warming up and walking to the cage still won the 1st round (before completely gassing) against Werdum by landing hard significant strikes, controlling him against the cage, and mixing in a couple of takedowns.

Prime acclimated Cain would've done this to Werdum for 5 rounds, and looked a lot better in doing so despite Werdum being the hardest stylistic matchup for him ever at HW

Also, Mexico City is almost double the altitude of Salt Lake City which is crazy.

Last edited:
An unacclimated Cain coming off of a long layoff filled with injuries/surgeries, and being gassed warming up and walking to the cage still won the 1st round (before completely gassing) against Werdum by landing hard significant strikes, controlling him against the cage, and mixing in a couple of takedowns.

Prime acclimated Cain would've done this to Werdum for 5 rounds, and looked a lot better in doing so despite Werdum being the hardest stylistic matchup for him ever at HW.

"Prime acclimated Cain"...that fighter was gone after his last fight vs JDS.

regardless, velasquez knew he couldn't handle werdum so he went ALL OUT in the 1st and tried to finish the fight in 5min. Michael Chandler takes this strategy in every fight. The hail mary velasquez attempted vs Werdum didn't work and he got wrecked. It's classic AKA. Cormier paced himself for a 3 round fight in his 2nd fight vs MIocic and Jones because he knew he couldn't win a 5 round fight vs either champion. Velasquez and Cormier fucked around and they found out.

Back