Elections Audio recording reveals the moment that senior Republican figure tried to bribe Kari Lake not to run for Senate

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

An audio recording obtained by DailyMail.com reveals the extraordinary moment when what appears to be Arizona's top Republican official tried to bribe populist firebrand Kari Lake not to run in the state's Senate race.

Jeff DeWit, 51, chair of the Arizona Republican Party, can be heard asking Lake, a close ally of Donald Trump, to name her price to stay out of politics for two years.

"There are very powerful people who want to keep you out,' he tells her in a conversation recorded at the start of March last year.

DeWit tells Lake, 54, one of the most public faces of the former president's MAGA movement and a woman frequently spoken of as a 2024 vice-presidential pick, that he thinks Trump will lose and it is time to make way for someone else.

After asking her not to mention the conversation to anyone, he makes his first offer.

So the ask I got today from back east was: "Is there any companies out there or something that could just put her on the payroll to keep her out?’

Lake reacts with indignation.

'This is about defeating Trump and I think that's a bad, bad thing for our country,' she said.

Later, DeWit, who was chief operating officer on the Trump's 2020 campaign frames it differently.

'Just say, is there a number at which....' he begins.

Lake cut in: 'I can be bought? That's what it's about.'

'You can take a pause for a couple of years. You can go right back to what you're doing.'

Lake repeatedly rebuffs him and says she wouldn't do it for a billion dollars.

Kari Lake turned down a bribe from a senior Republican official telling her not to run for senate.

Conspiracy theorists have been proven correct about powerful people using bribery and other things to keep people out of politics.

Establishment corruption never ends.

It's a good thing for that man's health that he tried that with a woman and on a phone. Had that been in person with a real man, it might of resulted in a hospitalization. He downright threatened her. She amazingly stood tall and would have none of it.

That asshole needs out of politics forever and he needs to be pressed for who these people are that are "bad" and threatening. It's time for some ass kicking (legal) of these goons.

While I think it might have to with her not playing ball with donors/big business, could also have to do with her making an ass out of herself with all the election denial nonsense. I mean she couldn't even beat a moron like Katie Hobbs, too much fellating of Trump probably lead to her losing.

While I think it might have to with her not playing ball with donors/big business, could also have to do with her making an ass out of herself with all the election denial nonsense. I mean she couldn't even beat a moron like Katie Hobbs, too much fellating of Trump probably lead to her losing.
probably

So much for “preserving our democracy” huh? Are you really in favor of establishment leaders threatening a popular candidate behind closed doors, or is this some partisan “own the chuds” snipe?

Did I say I was in favor of it? Lol

Not being surprised by it and being in favor of it are 2 different things. Kari Lake is a chudette, a professional Karen who still claims she won the Governorship, I'm not going to feel too much sympathy for Republicans turning on her given her rhetoric. Leopards and faces.

Pretty cool to see a politician who can't be bought like that. She actually seems concerned with doing what's best for America and just how bad the current administration is.

I dont blame them because she cant win. She already proved that in the governors race and then pulled the election fraud bullshit, and got caught lying about election fraud. Now she bout to get Rudy'ed with the lawsuits coming her way.
She is like Trump. She will win the party nomination but get crushed in the full election. She is moderate poison just like Trump. Moderates win elections, which is why extremism does not work for too long in America.
The chairman was wrong too offer her money, but if they dont want to lose a GOP seat in the Senate, then I would talk her out of running but not offer money. Maybe offer to upgrade her Zoom filter.

Intimidation tactics like this happen all the time. A friend of mine ran for city council and was invited to a lunch with some local business owners and influential people. They basically told him they knew his background, how much debt he has, and everything about his past and it wasn't a good idea to run. Obviously they wanted someone else in his place. It sucks but that's what it is
Politics is a rough game

Did I say I was in favor of it? Lol

Not being surprised by it and being in favor of it are 2 different things. Kari Lake is a chudette, a professional Karen who still claims she won the Governorship, I'm not going to feel too much sympathy for Republicans turning on her given her rhetoric. Leopards and faces.
Chudette? Yeah man, I'm sure being a mod on a karate forum, that is also a know it all, is alot better.

Back