News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

I heard Jaron Ennis is taking Fulton to win.
Thats shocking.

I didnt expect Black Philadelphia guy to chose Black Philadelphia guy too win.

Its like asking me if I'm taking the Mexican guy or whatever the other guy is.
We all know who the fuck I'm taking.
After saying that.

Inoue by tko10 or UD

I heard Jaron Ennis is taking Fulton to win.
Thats shocking.

I didnt expect Black Philadelphia guy to chose Black Philadelphia guy too win.

Its like asking me if I'm taking the Mexican guy or whatever the other guy is.
We all know who the fuck I'm taking.
After saying that.

Inoue by tko10 or UD

It's the same reason you and most of this forum are rooting for Inoue and rooting against Fulton. Since you wanna go there.

<JRSmith40>

I hate it that Fulton’s team started all this foolishness, particularly when his wrapping technique is clearly allowed in multiple jurisdictions. This kind of stuff makes us Americans look like jackasses; I’m leaning toward hoping he gets splattered. Japanese are such respectful people, they don’t operate like we do. His team should show some freaking class.

I think when fools do this its an omen they re going to lose or that connotation should be there so that idiots think twice before making these lame baseless comments that are only cheap ways to get in someones head

It's the same reason you and most of this forum are rooting for Inoue and rooting against Fulton. Since you wanna go there.

<JRSmith40>
I'm rooting for Fulton and it has zero to do with his race. We're both native Pennsylvanians and he fights out of Philly.

ok Bing chat says no channels are showing it in SK but bard says:
Yes, MBC Sports+ will be showing the Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton fight. The fight will be broadcast live on MBC Sports+ on Tuesday, July 25, 2023, starting at 5:00 AM KST.

You can also watch the fight online through DAZN (South Korea), Wavve, and TVING.

I hope this helps!

Thanks but BARD is wrong on this. I'm looking at the schedule on the MBC Sports + website and there's no mention of Inoue vs Fulton or boxing at all. Also 5:00AM is obviously wrong since Japan and Korea are in the same time zone and they're definitely not fighting at 5AM lol

I looked up Korean language sources and it seems nobody in Korea is airing it. I'll have to get a VPN and subscribe to ESPN + or something.

I think when fools do this its an omen they re going to lose or that connotation should be there so that idiots think twice before making these lame baseless comments that are only cheap ways to get in someones head

I am sure some time later Inoue wins, there will be idiots who will claim Inoue won because of loaded wraps. Just like there are still people who think Pacquiao got robbed against Floyd.

I don't understand people fueling this controversy. Tim Bradley is fueling it as well. I used to not understand the hate he gets here but now I get it. Bradley is saying Inoue is "cheating" but "they" are allowing him to do it. Also in that video Bradley claims Inoue's punches have more power because of the stacked wraps while forgetting that Inoue still knocked out guys in places where he wasn't allowed to do that. Isn't he supposed to be a boxing expert? Why is he spewing such patently false nonsense?

from what i understand, inoue was using "double stacking" handwraps which is illegal in vegas and most MAJOR boxing venues.

it's only right that this should be called out by fulton. if inoue has been doing this for years, it would account for why he has been able to carry his "power" up three weight classes.

The whole thing smacks of nastiness and scumbaggery to me. reminds me of tito trinidad and bernard hopkins where hopkins camp caught tito using illegal handwraps. same with antonio margarito, one of boxing's biggest cheaters. kovalev was also known to use questionable methods to harden his gloves.

inoue should conform to the international standards. use regular stacking instead of double stacking. that is the most widely accepted standard. it's a matter of integrity.

but of course, this is boxing, and most fans and fight people can't even spell "integrity" much less know the meaning of the word.

btw, when tito and margarito were no longer able to use illegal wraps, their KO percentage dropped off significantly. in fact, margarito got ko'd in devastating fashion by ssm, a fighter margarito was favored to beat. and tito got ko'd by hopkins who was considered old at the time, and vulnerable to tito's youth and power. very reminiscent of pac when he was subjected to random drug testing against floyd...pac turned in the sorriest performance of his career.

cheating is a helluva thing.

I am sure some time later Inoue wins, there will be idiots who will claim Inoue won because of loaded wraps. Just like there are still people who think Pacquiao got robbed against Floyd.

I don't understand people fueling this controversy. Tim Bradley is fueling it as well. I used to not understand the hate he gets here but now I get it. Bradley is saying Inoue is "cheating" but "they" are allowing him to do it. Also in that video Bradley claims Inoue's punches have more power because of the stacked wraps while forgetting that Inoue still knocked out guys in places where he wasn't allowed to do that. Isn't he supposed to be a boxing expert? Why is he spewing such patently false nonsense?
why would it be idiotic to call out an unfair advantage? in fact thte idiotic thing would be to NOT call it out. let inoue conform to INTERNATIONAL standards. like all other fighters. allowing a guy to cheat in broad daylight is what contriibutes to the death of boxing, because it shows that the sport has NO standards, ethics, scruples, pride, professionalism, legiticmacy or shame.

he tells really good pacquiao stories

thats it bra

what i dont get is their camp is allowed to do the samwe exact thing.

from what i understand, inoue was using "double stacking" handwraps which is illegal in vegas and most MAJOR boxing venues.

it's only right that this should be called out by fulton. if inoue has been doing this for years, it would account for why he has been able to carry his "power" up three weight classes.

The whole thing smacks of nastiness and scumbaggery to me. reminds me of tito trinidad and bernard hopkins where hopkins camp caught tito using illegal handwraps. same with antonio margarito, one of boxing's biggest cheaters. kovalev was also known to use questionable methods to harden his gloves.

inoue should conform to the international standards. use regular stacking instead of double stacking. that is the most widely accepted standard. it's a matter of integrity.

but of course, this is boxing, and most fans and fight people can't even spell "integrity" much less know the meaning of the word.

Is that what the controversy is about? First time I heard of this. So you're saying Inoue has been using illegal wraps this whole time and not getting caught?

From what I understand, Inoue is using a taping method that is legal in Japan, Nevada, and Texas, which Fulton's team disagrees with. He also fought in places where it is not legal and his power carried. Are you saying he's been cheating this entire time? So is he being called out for a taping method that is illegal in Japan as well?

Is that what the controversy is about? First time I heard of this. So you're saying Inoue has been using illegal wraps this whole time and not getting caught?

From what I understand, Inoue is using a taping method that is legal in Japan, Nevada, and Texas, which Fulton's team disagrees with. He also fought in places where it is not legal and his power carried. Are you saying he's been cheating this entire time? So is he being called out for a taping method that is illegal in Japan as well?
You are correct. The poster you are quoting is ussually wrong 99/100.

btw, when tito and margarito were no longer able to use illegal wraps, their KO percentage dropped off significantly. in fact, margarito got ko'd in devastating fashion by ssm, a fighter margarito was favored to beat. and tito got ko'd by hopkins who was considered old at the time, and vulnerable to tito's youth and power. very reminiscent of pac when he was subjected to random drug testing against floyd...pac turned in the sorriest performance of his career.

cheating is a helluva thing.
Pacman went from destroying HOF'ers to not being able to bust a grape

You are correct. The poster you are quoting is ussually wrong 99/100.

Yeah what he was saying didn't make any sense but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I would like to know of what International Standards for boxing rules are. I thought every fight complied with the rules of the local commission.

Inoue is using puffy winnings anyway. All this talk about cheating just comes off as BS coping. It's gonna come down to their skill and the traits they have built up over their championship careers. Its Inoues backyard and he's got momentum like no one else has sub 130lbs in years. Inoue is hittable but Fulton isn't exactly a massive finisher even as a big super bantam. Inoue's genetic punching power and his speed makes me favor him over Fulton.

it was the first i heard of it too...but this is nothing new in boxing. fighters and their camps cheat all the time. there's many high-profile cases such as tito trinidad- bernard hopkins, antonio margarito-sugar shane mosley. many people question manny pacquiao's wins given his refusal of random drug testing prior to the mayweather fight.

the problem is, the sport of boxing is kind of like the wild west. there's really very little oversight. fighters take PEDs, use illegal wraps, tamper with their gloves, etc...and they get away with it. so, it's not a case of inoue was using illegal wraps this whole time and getting away with it. it's more like, nobody brought it up until now, so the commission didn't get involved before this fight.

fulton is doing the right thing...it is his right and his responsibility to make sure that inoue is using regulation handwraps. calling it out forces the commission and everybody to pubicly acknowledge it and make a pronuciation to either stop it or allow it for both fighters. otherwise, they would simply be their usual negligent selves and let it slide and not give a shit if fulton or inoue got hurt.

Yeah what he was saying didn't make any sense but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I would like to know of what International Standards for boxing rules are. I thought every fight complied with the rules of the local commission.
Correct. There are like 3-4 posters left who just make up crazy things, then ignore all logic or proven facts. I don't know what these posters get by pretending to be boxing experts when everyone of their posts exposes that they don't even know the basic rules. Then they will just keep spamming their wrong info.

Simple really! Inoue is better than Fulton, more naturally skilled but Fulton is bigger and is naturally defensive while Inoue is going to try to knock him out.

Being in Japan is a big advantage as well, everything points to an inoue decision, deserved too, but could very well be controversial.

Smart money here is Fulton by decision, it pays well and there’s not a big chance he stops inoue but he can outpoint him. Japanese decisions are notorious though so it will be hard to get past that.

In summary, Inoue should win, he is better

but bet 100 bucks on Fulton cus he is about as live an underdog as it can get

Back