News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

Yeah what he was saying didn't make any sense but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I would like to know of what International Standards for boxing rules are. I thought every fight complied with the rules of the local commission.
of course what i am saying makes sense. look at tim bradley's comments about it. he is saying that inoue's hand wraps constitutes cheating. tim bradley is former boxing champion and someone who knows the technical fine points and ins and outs of the sport. but it's not just tim bradley. here is another commentary by a reliable source.

https://boxing-social.com/features/...e fact is this,damage to the opposing fighter.

I think when fools do this its an omen they re going to lose or that connotation should be there so that idiots think twice before making these lame baseless comments that are only cheap ways to get in someones head
the fool is the one who condones cheating in sports.

Simple really! Inoue is better than Fulton, more naturally skilled but Fulton is bigger and is naturally defensive while Inoue is going to try to knock him out.

Being in Japan is a big advantage as well, everything points to an inoue decision, deserved too, but could very well be controversial.

Smart money here is Fulton by decision, it pays well and there’s not a big chance he stops inoue but he can outpoint him. Japanese decisions are notorious though so it will be hard to get past that.

In summary, Inoue should win, he is better

but bet 100 bucks on Fulton cus he is about as live an underdog as it can get
nothing inoue has done in his career at flyweight, super flyweight and bantamweight suggests he is a better fighter than fulton. those weight classes are notoriously weak because there's not that many grown men who can get down to 115 lbs. i mean, there are rail thin 17 year old girls who weigh more than the flyweight champ.

fulton is better because he competes at a higher division with a deeper talent pool.

inoue is about to discover the difference between paul butler and fulton.

Hell of a week.

Probably not the popular opinion but I have Fulton winning on points, assuming no judge fuckery anyway.
i expect fulton will dominate...he will need to get the decision over a popular champ like inoue in japan. but fulton is a class above inoue and he'll get the job done.

of course what i am saying makes sense. look at tim bradley's comments about it. he is saying that inoue's hand wraps constitutes cheating. tim bradley is former boxing champion and someone who knows the technical fine points and ins and outs of the sport. but it's not just tim bradley. here is another commentary by a reliable source.

https://boxing-social.com/features/russ-anber-inoue-hand-wrapping/#:~:text=The simple fact is this,damage to the opposing fighter.

Anber basically says he doesn't like it and thinks it should be illegal, but some places allow it. Including Nevada.

How is it cheating if it's legal?

It's like me saying I don't like that my opponent uses Reyes gloves and that it's cheating, but the commission allows it.

Does the Japanese boxing commission allow this all the time or did they make a special rule change for Inoue? I highly doubt that it's the former.

By mentioning Margarito, you were implying that Inoue has had an unfair advantage this whole time that his KO power would be diminished if he wasn't allowed to "cheat." He fought and KOed opponents in places where they did not allow this kind of hand wrapping. Are you implying that Inoue has been cheating this whole time? His KO of Rodriguez in the UK was because he wrapped his hands in a manner that is in violation of the local boxing rules? Are you saying this? Because this is a huge deal and puts Inoue's entire career into question and if true, he should be banned from boxing.

You said this is about double stacking and that it's illegal in Vegas. Can you post sources for that?

Also, what is the "international standard" that Inoue should follow? Can you post a link to the international standard of professional boxing rules? I didn't know that existed because I thought fights complied with the local boxing/athletic commission of where the fight takes place. So if the fights in Japan, you follow the rules there, the fights in the UK, you follow the rules there, so and so forth. And by this logic, Nevada doesn't follow this "international standard" since they allow stacking even though that's where most of the big fights take place.

nothing inoue has done in his career at flyweight, super flyweight and bantamweight suggests he is a better fighter than fulton. those weight classes are notoriously weak because there's not that many grown men who can get down to 115 lbs. i mean, there are rail thin 17 year old girls who weigh more than the flyweight champ.

fulton is better because he competes at a higher division with a deeper talent pool.

inoue is about to discover the difference between paul butler and fulton.

I sure hope this fight lives up to expectations that's all I really care about

Anber basically says he doesn't like it and thinks it should be illegal, but some places allow it. Including Nevada.

How is it cheating if it's legal?

It's like me saying I don't like that my opponent uses Reyes gloves and that it's cheating, but the commission allows it.

Does the Japanese boxing commission allow this all the time or did they make a special rule change for Inoue? I highly doubt that it's the former.

By mentioning Margarito, you were implying that Inoue has had an unfair advantage this whole time that his KO power would be diminished if he wasn't allowed to "cheat." He fought and KOed opponents in places where they did not allow this kind of hand wrapping. Are you implying that Inoue has been cheating this whole time? His KO of Rodriguez in the UK was because he wrapped his hands in a manner that is in violation of the local boxing rules? Are you saying this? Because this is a huge deal and puts Inoue's entire career into question and if true, he should be banned from boxing.

You said this is about double stacking and that it's illegal in Vegas. Can you post sources for that?

Also, what is the "international standard" that Inoue should follow? Can you post a link to the international standard of professional boxing rules? I didn't know that existed because I thought fights complied with the local boxing/athletic commission of where the fight takes place. So if the fights in Japan, you follow the rules there, the fights in the UK, you follow the rules there, so and so forth. And by this logic, Nevada doesn't follow this "international standard" since they allow stacking even though that's where most of the big fights take place.
c'mon dude. now you're just being ridiculous and disingenuous. if you read the article written by a guy who has been in the business for 40 years, he is saying it is cheating. he says "from a legal perspective and from a trainer’s perspective it should not be allowed. " no ambiguity about that.

the international standard is what he mentioned earlier: "here’s the gauze, you put that on first; then here’s the tape, that goes on second; and here’s the magic marker that you use to sign off on it. End of story! That’s how you avoid cheating – with a clear and unambiguous approach. Short and sweet and the same for everyone.

Most commissions go with this approach"

I know you read all that...but you still want to argue the point.

Look, i have no problem with a guy just saying "i dont give a shit about the rules of boxiing or a fighter cheating...i just want inoue to win even if it means he had to cheat to get the win." that is all you needed to say.

if you are specific it can be avoided or detected. But strangely it will read a name or something completely wrong and when you try to correct it, it just outright insists it is correct.

in the case of this one all it seems to know is that the fight is happening and then it guesses what channel it will be on.
oh absolutely. i think as a tool for gathering well established information, it's awesome. for instance, if these tools had been available when i was still at university, it would've made a bunch of classes so much easier.

but i asked bard last week if it will make an API call if i need one, and it said yes, all it needs is the URL, and authentication keys. i gave it the info, it printed out a response, and all of it was made up. no API request was actually made. i asked it if it really got the information from where i specified, the fucker said yes.

the problem is, these systems don't actually know what they're saying. they're just incredibly good at pretending that they do.

c'mon dude. now you're just being ridiculous and disingenuous. if you read the article written by a guy who has been in the business for 40 years, he is saying it is cheating. he says "from a legal perspective and from a trainer’s perspective it should not be allowed. " no ambiguity about that.

the international standard is what he mentioned earlier: "here’s the gauze, you put that on first; then here’s the tape, that goes on second; and here’s the magic marker that you use to sign off on it. End of story! That’s how you avoid cheating – with a clear and unambiguous approach. Short and sweet and the same for everyone.

Look, i have no problem with a guy just saying "i dont give a shit about the rules of boxiing or a fighter cheating...i just want inoue to win even if it means he had to cheat to get the win." that is all you needed to say.
mate. do you understand what cheating means?

if the rules don't prohibit it, then it's not illegal, and it's not cheating. and the rules don't prohibit it in japan, or in fucking las vegas, literally where all the big fights happen.

Copy and pasted from my comment from boxing betting forum:

Inoue moving up a division should mean he is less likely to KO his opponent (especially early), he is more than skilled than Fulton, but Fulton is defensively sound so prediction is Inoue decision. Fight is also in Japan so Fulton probably won't get a decision if it's a close fight.

£180 Inoue decision +250 to win £450
£70 Inoue 7-12 +275 to win £192.50

Is Inoue's taping method illegal or not in Japan, where the fight is taking place?

Yoshiki Takei up now, gotta support him as he's a former K1 champ. Moved to boxing because he got bored of KO'ing everyone in kickboxing, but he didn't look fantastic last time out. Hoping to see improvement this time.

Yoshiki Takei up now, gotta support him as he's a former K1 champ. Moved to boxing because he got bored of KO'ing everyone in kickboxing, but he didn't look fantastic last time out. Hoping to see improvement this time.

He has this Zarate vibe but keeping his hands that low when he stands in front of his man will get him clipped at some point.

Back