Predicting it now: Ferg will break the UFC record for most consecutive losses

Green is a significant step down so hopefully he can get the win.

This:

As much as I like Bobby Green,,, He has only two victories in his last seven outings.

Winner is a coin flip for me,,,, But I do expect a bloodbath.

He's getting cut with a other bad loss
I said yesterday I enjoy seeing Tony getting beat up, but that was mostly in jest

I'm not particularly a fan, but I think he should be denied to fight under medical grounds if he suffers any more beatings

He's taken way too many shots in his career and will go the way of many unfortunate boxers among other combat athletes

All I read on here is crying about fighter pay, but that doesn't bother me. It's the health of the athletes that I'd be much more concerned with. I get It's a double edged sword and many don't retire, because they still need to earn, but guys like Tony would still carry on for free if he wasn't get paid

Ridiculous matchmaking though. They wanted to give him the leech after 4 losses too. Now after 5 you'd think they'd give him someone who doesn't have some of the best boxing in the whole fucking sport. Jesus christ

Hypothetical, but what would have Tony's career looked like had he fought Khabib at UFC 209 and lost?

If you made this prediction before the Gaethje fight, I'd be might impressed. 5 fights in, not so much.

Tony probably has a big price tag. That will definitely factor into this. At some point the return will not be worth it to the UFC.

I think this might be it if he loses on Saturday. When he got busted for DUI, I thought they might shitcan him. Not just for that obviously, but 5 losses in a row plus that charge. Michel Pereira got busted for DUI a little over a year ago. The UFC doesn’t worry about stuff like that.

It wasn’t planned but Tony headlined with Nate last September on a PPV.

Alvey had a 9 fight winless streak before he got cut. 4 losses, 1 draw, and 4 more losses.

Which was pretty surprising. Because his price tag couldn’t have been super cheap just based on the number of fights he had in the UFC (24).

If Tony loses and they cut him, it won’t surprise me. If he loses and they don’t cut him, wouldn’t surprise me either.

Pricetag is everything here. They kept Alvey around for so long because he was reliable and usually in fun fights. Tony is reliable and also always in entertaining bouts. Hell, he's more-so, so yes, it will be a money thing.

I'm not sure how much i have on my online betting accounts but i am literally betting the lot on TFerg losing :)

After his first 2 losses to Gaethje and Oliveira I think he should have been given a bigger downgrade in opponent but instead they used him as a stepping stone for 2 other top guys (Dariush & Chandler).

The blame also lies with the dipshits who do the rankings for keeping him in the top 5 after being dominated twice in a row. The third dominant loss he was still in the top 10.

I wish Tony would retire, that Gaethje fight was one of the few that made me squirm and kinda fell like I shouldn't be watching it. Glover beating Smith toothless was one of the few others that gave me a similar feeling.

Was like you could see his brain getting damaged more with every shot. I hope it doesn't continue like that for any more fights.

I can't think of someone who's lost more in a row in the UFC, but I'm not someone with tools to sort and find out if anyone passed BJ. Just going off memory no.
Sam Alvey lost 8 UFC fights in a row. 10-13-1 in the UFC.

Edit: Alvey has a draw in between loses, win-less its probably him at 9 fights.

Tony might end up being forced into retirement by the UFC with another stoppage loss, no idea whats his contract situation, but if he loses here he probably should not be fighting anywhere else, specially if he goes for BKFC, PFL has prime fighters ready to finish him just as bad as Bobby Green might will.

Not sure who currently holds the record. Is it BJ?

Regardless, Tony is marketable, draws eyes, has publicly stated he has no intention of giving up (If anything he delusionally thinks he hasn't reached his prime yet) and will be featured on UFC main event and prelim cards for a long time to come.
Unless they toss him softballs (which they don't usually do for aging veterans) he's going to continue to fight tough ass dudes, even with his noticeably sharp decline.

The next few years will look ugly for Tony.

If he wins Saturday, I'll gladly eat my words...we'll see.

Is BJ the UFC record holder for most consecutive losses?

I can't think of someone who's lost more in a row in the UFC, but I'm not someone with tools to sort and find out if anyone passed BJ. Just going off memory no.
Ya'll be disrepecting Smilin Sam's efforts.

547114124.jpg.jpg

Screenshot_20230624-115230.png

But he finally got a W so it's all good

Tony Ferguson is the kind of guy to go on the largest losing streak the UFC brass has ever seen and say, "I'm going be real with you, who else has lost as many fights as I have and still kept coming back? No one! I am a monster and I'm doing it for me this time. I'm also slanging wrestling equipment, building my future."

It's already well rumored that Tony is done in the UFC if he loses this Saturday

Back