• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

UFC corruption makes Don King look like Santa Claus, MMA fighters tell ABC

dana-white.gif

Paying a relatively small percentage of revenue to fighters doesn't speak to corruption. It speaks to the market value of things.

I'm sure there are elements of corruption, but that isn't an example of it by itself.

Sickening.

It doesn't matter what data or evidence you show either, some people will still take the company & the corporate bastards side.
Stop watching it then or zip it. Non of my fucking business if fighters keep signing to the ufc that's on them.

It's like you guys can't comprehend capitalism or something.

Imagine being such a fucking lowlife that you side with the company and not the fighters on this.
This. Its always the most immoral and less empathetic sociopaths that side with the ufc on this issue.

Notice everyone making strawman arguments instead of genuinely being angered by how the ufc can get away with such corruption in the first place. They dont have the ability to place themselves in the shoes of the fighters they watch and cheer for. Sad times.

I don't know where they came up with their math, but 19% of 609 million is 115.7 million. 13% of 1.14 billion is 148.2 million. As a percentage of total revenue, yes, that's less, but in actual dollar figures paid to fighters that's 32.5 million more. Plus it's already been pointed out that Conor McGregor has a warping effect on fighter pay because he's paid so much. Conor fought 3 times in 2015, and 0 times in 2022.

These articles are trying to make it sound like fighters took a pay cut, while almost everyone who was fighting for the UFC in 2015 that is still there now makes more money now. The percentage dropped because the UFC made more money, not because fighters' wages got cut.

I'm all for fighters making more money, but let's be honest about the data we're discussing.
You're making too much dense sir, it's not allowed here.. don't you know a debut fighter deserves one million dollars to fight!! :rolleyes:

Some people are born to give rimjob to some random athletes/celebrities
I don't owe shit to those fighters, just like i don't owe anything to butcher when i buy meat. If you are that great human being, there are so much worse shit happening in the world, focus on that not some privileged fighters.

Yes, yes. Don't try to make anything better. The UFC (and rich, abusive interests around the globe) would be very satisfied to know you're spreading the message that will continue to let them perpetuate harmful practices.

You've done a good job as a mindless parrot. You should be proud of your work here today.

This. Its always the most immoral and less empathetic sociopaths that side with the ufc on this issue.

Notice everyone making strawman arguments instead of genuinely being angered by how the ufc can get away with such corruption in the first place. They dont have the ability to place themselves in the shoes of the fighters they watch and cheer for. Sad times.
Give me 200k to fight I woul be content.. fight 3 times a yr.

65.6 % of Americans make less then 100k I dont feel bad for a guy making 60/60k starting pay when the fight 2-3 times a year.

Even 1 fight is more than half of Americans make in a year.. you guys are just a bit retarded to think everyone deserves to make 500k to a million a fight

There's only room for one Santa in this town.

And it ain't Don King

ufc-dana-white-s-12-days-of-giveaways-win-the-ultimate-abu-dhabi-experience-las-vegas-getaway-and-lo-52728.jpg

Sickening.

It doesn't matter what data or evidence you show either, some people will still take the company & the corporate bastards side.
See the post above this one - exhibit A. Literally complaining that MMA fighters don't know enough about boxing history and the mafia, even though it was specifically Don King that's mentioned, and that isn't even the point.

Disingenuous bullshit at its finest

The real problem is that most of the UFC profits are going to pay off the debt/interest from the massive purchase of the company. So the fighters don't see their fair share.

The fighters should absolutely get together and unionize, demanding that a guaranteed % of the profits go to the fighters. This would of course bankrupt the UFC due to their massive debt payments, but so be it. Either another company would buy the UFC cheap, or another organization would rise to take its place.

Sadly unionizing is easier said than done. You basically need all the big MMA fighters to sign on, and you need to be willing to strike. That means people living on fight-to-fight paychecks won't be able to pay their rent, which is gonna be a problem for a lot of people. So you need a "war chest" of funds to help people survive. It can be a mess for contract fighters like in the UFC.

It's why top flight ahletes with options will never choose MMA as a sport. They'll just attend cage side while cashing big checks from another sport..

Give me 200k to fight I woul be content.. fight 3 times a yr.

65.6 % of Americans make less then 100k I dont feel bad for a guy making 60/60k starting pay when the fight 2-3 times a year.

Even 1 fight is more than half of Americans make in a year.. you guys are just a bit retarded to think everyone deserves to make 500k to a million a fight
Thing is, 60k/60k is stablished fighter pay, not starting pay, it starts at around 10k/10k, read somewhere that some DWCS got 8k/8k, thats awful low.

Stupidest repeated comment on this forum

Stupid asses just keep regurgitating the same non sense.
u
fight
cheap
5k to show 5k to win
its not a job its an opportunity
but no wait its a job and we have you under contract
but no wait youre not contractors and we dont have to pay for medical insurance
but no wait youre not employees so you cant have a union
but no wait you cant have sponsors on your shorts
but no wait lets put them all over the octagon and make money off them
but no wait you have to wear these shorts we specify and that dont have sponsors on them besides ones partnered with the UFC

dont use the "muh capitalism" argument. theres wiggle room to pay the fighters more. oh no, some executive wont be able to afford a 3rd Porsche? how terrible.
if the company makes more money, the athletes should by default as there is more profit to go around. the sponsor payout was increased with Venum but its still very small. and they have to wear those shitty reebok shoes and all of that Crypto bullshit without seeing a dime from any of that, too.
there's capitalism and then there's profiteering. the UFC is doing the latter.

I wonder what percentage of revenue Walmart pays their workers?
i like the comparison here

Specially since that can be the case of "we are actually paying more (ex.: base pay was X now it's 2X) but just putting on more fights with this base pay (Contender series guys for example).

They need to do a better job with numbers. Basically all that was there was stuff that's in the media for sometime now.
Right, it goes both ways.

That's the fundamental difference in this versus the other leagues its so often being compared to.

Let me be clear, I'm not defending UFCs pay by any means, simply saying the format really fucks with averages the way they're being used. You've literally got cases here where one or two guys participating or not can be the entire difference being reported, even though everyone else may have made the same or even a little more.

Goes the other way too, like you said.

Back