Media Chris Daukaus addresses his chin issues and admits 'I was fat 205er'

If he loses this do you think they give him one more chance or they just cut him

Quoting "fat 205er" makes it sound like he has been fighting at LHW and MW is his natural division. Funny statement.

Mike Tyson was 5'10 and dominated HW boxing, Daukaus is 6'2 and feels he needs to cut to LHW or MW to succeed: the absolute state of modern MMA fighters.

Quoting "fat 205er" makes it sound like he has been fighting at LHW and MW is his natural division. Funny statement.

Mike Tyson was 5'10 and dominated HW boxing, Daukaus is 6'2 and feels he needs to cut to LHW or MW to succeed: the absolute state of modern MMA fighters.

Tyson got his ass whooped by Lewis, a real heavyweight. Tyson wouldn’t have been able to hang with the Klitschko bros and Fury, he’s way too small

Tyson got his ass whooped by Lewis, a real heavyweight. Tyson wouldn’t have been able to hang with the Klitschko bros and Fury, he’s way too small

You realize that Tyson was already done at that point in his career right?
Lewis never wanted to fight him in his prime for a reason sir.

People have different frames and builds.

This was Tyson around 220lbs.

main-qimg-5190da3b59c91b8ddef6c111f06731c6.webp

Here's Daukus at 235bs, guy looks like a MW with an extra 30lbs of fat.

GettyImages-1266507566.jpg

He's got in better shape since though.

20220325071352_Chris_Daukaus_ff.JPG

You realize that Tyson was already done at that point in his career right?
Lewis never wanted to fight him in his prime for a reason sir.

We can agree to disagree on that, there’s no proof anywhere Lewis ducked Tyson ever

We can agree to disagree on that, there’s no proof anywhere Lewis ducked Tyson ever

Also, Oliver McCall smoked Lewis, you truly believe that Tyson wouldn't?
You're smarter than that sir.

I'll try to find the interview in which Lewis and his trainer at the time (not Emanuel) were saying after they sparred with Tyson they were gonna "give him space" lol.

I’ve read interviews where Lewis says he got the better of tyson in sparring, we’ll never really know the truth I guess

If the UFC would just open up the divisions, we'd have a lot better fights, and more new fighters.

165, 180, 195, 215 would make a lot more sense.
Making the cut slightly below 200lbs is smarter than having the cut off at 205lbs.
Change 205 to (210 or) 215lbs. How does the limit jump from 205 to 265 ?!

There are dozens of fighters to fill in these divisions.

Get rid of extreme weight cutting, and force day-of weigh ins.

Making excuses for athletes cutting weight (wonderboy situation) is absurd.

Maybe, stopping cutting 30lbs to fight smaller divisions. Goofy arrangement of "sport".

Back