Media People who are still fans of Makhachev, why?

garbohydrates

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The only reason someone would be a fan of him is because they miss Khabib and Makhachev was seemingly a decent replacement.

Now that he has been exposed by Volk and it's clear he isn't Khabib, why are you still a fan?

He isn't a charismatic or entertaining fighter. Is it purely religious? Is it because Khabib tells you to? Khamzat is a much more entertaining Khabib replacement who hasn't had his hype deflated as bad. Do you also support him?
1465195597.jpg

Some of us actually like MMA and like watching good fighters fight.

Crazy, right?

But idiots like TS are just blinded by hatred and come up with drivel like this.

TS, post on your real account.

Oh, wait, it got banned, didn't it?

Because he’s a talented fighter and I like watching the best do what they do best. I don’t find him boring at all, he finished 5 straight prior to his last fight which was a war. And Volk is another one of the best, why would I shit on Islam for having a tough fight with him? Seems pretty insulting to Volk to suggest Islam should have easily beaten him, no?

i don't issue with people liking the guy.
he is still building his name as a fighter. his division is full of squatters and he hardly fights so it makes it difficult for him to build a legacy.
he shouldn't waste his defenses on fighting 145 pound volk again.
fight gaethje and then the winner of benial/porier, then fight volk.

Regarding TS... imagine being such a prepubescent loser that you post pics of someone with blood on them as if it is a moral victory after they beat the #1 P4P human on Earth
this sport is filled with redpill losers who get hard about the Islamic religion and dickride any fighter that talks like Khabib.
Makhachev is obviously a phenomenal talent but thats not why they cheer for him.
You are misusing 'red pill'

I was a massive doubter and thought his streak was fluffed the hell up because he didn't have the same raw aggression as Khabib.
I was proven wrong, behind what looked like an overly patient style he's a damn sniper with elite defence.... this is the same guy who dropped Volk and Olivera. Landing counter lefts and headkicks against either man is no fluke. While I do think Islam is beatable and might get stuffed on his wrestling at some point the guy is still a championship caliber fighter and the only other LW on the world who seems to be on Olivera's level.

While I do believe Khabib is better I still think Islam is a championship level fighter who deserves all the praise right now.

The only reason someone would be a fan of him is because they miss Khabib and Makhachev was seemingly a decent replacement.

Now that he has been exposed by Volk and it's clear he isn't Khabib, why are you still a fan?

He isn't a charismatic or entertaining fighter. Is it purely religious? Is it because Khabib tells you to? Khamzat is a much more entertaining Khabib replacement who hasn't had his hype deflated as bad. Do you also support him?
1465195597.jpg

I appreciate Makhachev's skills, as they are reminiscent of Khabib's (as they should be, being his student/training partner).

But Islam looks like a Russian "Jim Neighbors" ... goofy/stuipd ... and, as such, I cannot ever be a true fan of his.

I also agree that Makhachev does not put out the relentless pressure of Khabib, either. He is nowhere near as fierce as Khabib.

There's something soft and weak about Islam Makhachev, and yet there's no denying his skill and training.

Also, don't forget to give credit to Volk — because he is a warrior. Albeit, a midget warrior

Back