STARFIELD discussion

Very excited for this, it’s been ages since the main Bethesda team put out a game. If i remember correctly, the B team made Fallout 76, but I had a good time with fallout 4.
Same here but damn it came out like almost 10 years ago. How many times can we rescue Preston and rebuild Sanctuary?

Very excited for this, it’s been ages since the main Bethesda team put out a game. If i remember correctly, the B team made Fallout 76, but I had a good time with fallout 4.

I'm balls deep into "Fallout 4" as we speak. It took a while for me to come around, but I think it's one of the best games they've made. It's just endless, and the crafting, once it hooks you, is hard to put down. Nothing suffered for it either. The meaty quests are still there. It just gives you an extra purpose to just explore and scavenge. It's a gameplay loop on top of a gameplay loop. Shit, I also came around to the perk system, and think it's a better overall system, that has just enough to mold a specific character type if you want to just plow through the game, but also makes it possible to just level up and max out, if you want to take it further. The dialogue wheel is still a bit "meh", as it can give you some unwanted results, but it's alright once you know what all the options are generally gonna produce.

A while back, I was a little sour on this, thinking it's probably just gonna be FO4 in space, but now I kind of want that, LOL.

I'm balls deep into "Fallout 4" as we speak. It took a while for me to come around, but I think it's one of the best games they've made. It's just endless, and the crafting, once it hooks you, is hard to put down. Nothing suffered for it either. The meaty quests are still there. It just gives you an extra purpose to just explore and scavenge. It's a gameplay loop on top of a gameplay loop. Shit, I also came around to the perk system, and think it's a better overall system, that has just enough to mold a specific character type if you want to just plow through the game, but also makes it possible to just level up and max out, if you want to take it further. The dialogue wheel is still a bit "meh", as it can give you some unwanted results, but it's alright once you know what all the options are generally gonna produce.

A while back, I was a little sour on this, thinking it's probably just gonna be FO4 in space, but now I kind of want that, LOL.
I loved it but people told me I was a cuck for loving it.....

I loved it but people told me I was a cuck for loving it.....

It's certainly an interesting game. It literally took me years to appreciate all of it's moving parts, and have it all finally click. I can't go back now. The other FO games seem so limited in comparison. Don't blame anybody for not really "getting it", though, as it took me quite a while to come around, but once it clicks, it's digital crack.

Only real bad thing about it, is it's performance. It's the only 8th gen game I've played, that just constantly crashed. I'm playing on the cloud, and it still crashes...on Microsoft's hardware. That's my one real big concern with "Starfield". If FO4 still isn't cleaned up, it's hard to imagine that "Starfield" won't have some pretty glaring technical issues.

It's certainly an interesting game. It literally took me years to appreciate all of it's moving parts, and have it all finally click. I can't go back now. The other FO games seem so limited in comparison. Don't blame anybody for not really "getting it", though, as it took me quite a while to come around, but once it clicks, it's digital crack.

Only real bad thing about it, is it's performance. It's the only 8th gen game I've played, that just constantly crashed. I'm playing on the cloud, and it still crashes...on Microsoft's hardware. That's my one real big concern with "Starfield". If FO4 still isn't cleaned up, it's hard to imagine that "Starfield" won't have some pretty glaring technical issues.
I rarely had any crashes with FO4 and I've got over 1000 hours in game. I've only had crashes caused by mod conflicts and such.

When I played on Xbox I can't remember if I had any crashes. but on PC it's been solid.

I rarely had any crashes with FO4 and I've got over 1000 hours in game. I've only had crashes caused by mod conflicts and such.

When I played on Xbox I can't remember if I had any crashes. but on PC it's been solid.

Xbox here. It crashes...a lot. I even uninstalled it, because I thought it was gonna kill the console. Desktop crashes were quite regular, but I can deal with that. When it shuts my entire system down, that's it. It's the only game I've ever had big problems with on the Xbone. Even a few next gen games that ran like shit, never just shut everything down, even though they were working my poor last gen Xbox like a bitch.

Play on PC? I made a thread awhile back about how ridiculously good FO 4 can look when you mod it up

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fully-modded-fallout-4-looks-fantastic-even-in-2022.4261723/

I didn’t really care for the main quest but I had a good time just scavenging material and building my town in sanctuary.

I didn’t really care for the main quest but I had a good time just scavenging material and building my town in sanctuary.

The main quest always gets forgotten in these games. From a narrative standpoint, I think its biggest issue was that the factions were a bit bland. You had the "Minute Men" who were just annoying colonizers. The "Railroad" were predictably good-doer rebels. The "Brotherhood of Steel" were basically what they always were. The "Institute" were irrelevant until the end game, but just a bunch of "We know better" dickheads.

And on top of that, there were very little consequences to choose one or the other, and you can play a quadruple agent, with nothing really stopping you. Some of their missions were fun, but they were ultimately a bit forgettable. That said, the sheer amount of meaty side quests is ridiculous, and nothing ever feels like they just phoned it in, aside from the "faction" bullshit endless missions, that are only there to make you jump through some hoops for experience.

The main quest always gets forgotten in these games. From a narrative standpoint, I think its biggest issue was that the factions were a bit bland. You had the "Minute Men" who were just annoying colonizers. The "Railroad" were predictably good-doer rebels. The "Brotherhood of Steel" were basically what they always were. The "Institute" were irrelevant until the end game, but just a bunch of "We know better" dickheads.

And on top of that, there were very little consequences to choose one or the other, and you can play a quadruple agent, with nothing really stopping you. Some of their missions were fun, but they were ultimately a bit forgettable. That said, the sheer amount of meaty side quests is ridiculous, and nothing ever feels like they just phoned it in, aside from the "faction" bullshit endless missions, that are only there to make you jump through some hoops for experience.

To me FONV was the best one because I thought the main quest was great and I also thought all the factions were really good. FO4 I thought also had a great main quest. Didn't get to see how it ended since my save got bugged but I got a pretty big reveal about your family and I thought it was good.

Does any other subscription service other than GP get its content called free.

Sure. Every sub service has enough people where eventually you'll find a crazy person who thinks that's free.

Yeah, I never cared for the main quest in FO4, it was everything else I fell in love with, especially the lore/environmental storytelling.

There's a tower you can climb and get to an office with leg bracers that let you fall from any height. It has a pre war story that always stuck with me.

The guy who made them got trapped in the tower after the bombs fell, as you discover from his computer. His invention was trapped in a safe he forgot the combination to, which prevented him from leaving. You can read about him exhausting his supplies and eventually dying from being trapped up there. There are so many little stories like this, and large ones, that flesh out the world.

Yeah, I never cared for the main quest in FO4, it was everything else I fell in love with, especially the lore/environmental storytelling.

There's a tower you can climb and get to an office with leg bracers that let you fall from any height. It has a pre war story that always stuck with me.

The guy who made them got trapped in the tower after the bombs fell, as you discover from his computer. His invention was trapped in a safe he forgot the combination to, which prevented him from leaving. You can read about him exhausting his supplies and eventually dying from being trapped up there. There are so many little stories like this, and large ones, that flesh out the world.

Yeah, it's amazing at how many little stories there are in the game, if you take the time to read. That goes for all of the games, to be fair. There are so many interesting little side missions and whatnot, to really make it all feel connected. I remember one in the early game, where you're just clearing out Raider camps(well, I was anyways), and you run across some computer files about two factions warring over this one kidnapping. You find out that the leader of one gang accidentally killed the kidnapping victim, but kept writing notes to the other group they were dealing with. He was complaining about how hard it was to match the handwriting, to keep the other group convinced that she was alive so they could keep extorting them. Like twenty hours later, I stumble upon this other Raider group, and if you read what's in their computers, you realize that they were the other group, and their leader is going on about the whole ordeal, and how she wasn't sure if the victim was still alive, but thought it best to keep up going with the situation, just in case.

These little stories are littered all over the game, and it really makes the world feel alive.

Am I going to have to buy a Series X to play this? Will it be worth it?

I'm trying to avoid gameplay videos leading up to this.

I was reading about base building though so I'm sure my life is going to be on hold for the foreseeable future lol

9dddcdd24462bf5d4173f1f36e47ba5d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back