Crime Hunter Biden pleading guilty to 3 federal charges

So it seems they're charging him with 3 counts related to buying and possessing a firearm while using/being addicted to a federally controlled substance.

That's fine, it's the law and it's clear as day.

BUT, just know that every gun owner that smokes or ingests weed is also guilty of the exact same offense as it's still illegal federally.

It's definitely a targeted enforcement of this law.

So it seems they're charging him with 3 counts related to buying and possessing a firearm while using/being addicted to a federally controlled substance.

BUT, just know that every gun owner that smokes or ingests weed is also guilty of the exact same offense as it's still illegal federally.

They will appeal this all the way to the supreme court if they have to

Precedent has been set in state courts already that these types of restrictions on 2nd amendment are unconstitutional.

Was a gun thrown in a trash can on a public street?

Was a gun thrown in a trash can on a public street?
Meh, that’s fairly insignificant compared to cases where the gun was used in the commission of a crime, where someone was shot with it, or killed with it. The punishment for breaking this law ranges from a simple fine, all the way to 10 years in prison along with a fine. The factors I just listed, along with the defendant’s prior record if they have one (Hunter doesn’t), are the mitigating factors that determine where in that scale one falls.

Hunter has a clean record, and the gun was not used to injure or kill anyone, nor was it used in the commission of a different crime. He really shouldn’t be doing any jail time on this, or if he does it should be extremely minimal.

You want to arrest his girl now too?
Idk man, I’ve never considered throwing a gun in a trash can then reporting myself for disposing of a firearm where a kid can get it.

you don’t think it’s ironic common sense gun laws are being fought tooth and nail on the crack heads behalf?

Idk man, I’ve never considered throwing a gun in a trash can then reporting myself for disposing of a firearm where a kid can get it.

you don’t think it’s ironic common sense gun laws are being fought tooth and nail on the crack heads behalf?

I don't believe private drug use should a factor when exercising your 2nd amendment rights and I don't think you do either, and neither do state courts that have heard similar cases.

Hunter didn't throw away the gun, do you want to arrest the girl?

Is that the result you're looking for from this 5 year fishing expedition?

I don't believe private drug use should a factor when exercising your 2nd amendment rights and I don't think you do either, and neither do state courts.

Hunter didn't throw away the gun, do you want to arrest the girl?
Why isn’t he safely securing his weapon? Why is he lying about being addicted to drugs on paperwork? I think we all know there’s a difference between smoking crack and marijuana.

Why isn’t he safely securing his weapon? Why is lying about being addicted to drugs on paperwork? I think we all know there’s a difference between smoking crack and marijuana.

In the eyes of the feds, there is no difference between smoking crack and marijuana.

Do you think private drug use should be enough to bar you from your second amendment rights? Assuming it's for self defense and not to commit crimes of course.

I love how the anti 2nd amendment left is now hard core pro 2nd with this case.

I don't see him doing time for this but him being a drug addict and buying the gun it should be a done deal on the felony convection so he can never legally own a gun again.

This is also why the feds need to make weed legal or make an exception for it on the federal form.

The left wants more gun control but not to hold criminals responsible for the laws we already have.

In the eyes of the feds, there is no difference between smoking crack and marijuana.

Do you think private drug use should be enough to bar you from your second amendment rights? Assuming it's for self defense and not to commit crimes of course.
I don’t do drugs so I don’t care. The law is the law my feelings have no impact on the existing law. If he gets convicted he can appeal it. Have fun.

So you are ok with no gun charges for a drug dealer caught with drugs and guns.

But you want more gun control for legal gun owners.

Uh, little bit of crack will get you fed time. Little bit of pot a fine. Feds do not treat the 2 the same.

I don’t do drugs so I don’t care. The law is the law my feelings have no impact on the existing law. If he gets convicted he can appeal it. Have fun.

And that's what I'm saying, if they really pursue this charge, it will be appealed and argued over the precedent set in lower courts already.

So this 5 year fishing expedition is just going to end up turning Hunter Biden into a second amendment activists. lmao

Uh, little bit of crack will get you fed time. Little bit of pot a fine. Feds do not treat the 2 the same.

No shit, but I'm talking in the context of purchasing a firearm and the specific charge they're going after Biden for which has already been found unconstitutional in state courts.

No shit, but I'm talking in the context of purchasing a firearm and the specific charge they're going after Biden for which has already been found unconstitutional in state courts.
No, you said the fed looks at weed and crack the same. Distribution of just 5 grams of crack carries a minimum 5-year federal prisonsentence, while distribution of 500 grams of powder cocaine carries the same 5-year mandatory minimum sentence.

This is false. Possession of Crack cocaine is an automatic felony regardless of amount. Possession of marijuana is not the same since it requires you to be in possession of a certain amount to hit that felony threshold.

Additionally, you can state on federal employment questionnaires and top secret clearance background investigations that you smoked marijuana up to 20 times and have it not be counted against you. Smoke crack once and you’re done. They are viewed very differently.

This is false. Possession of Crack cocaine is an automatic felony regardless of amount. Possession of marijuana is not the same since it requires you to be in possession of a certain amount to hit that felony threshold.

Additionally, you can state on federal employment questionnaires and top secret clearance background investigations that you smoked marijuana up to 20 times and have it not be counted against you. Smoke crack once and you’re done. They are viewed very differently.

Hunter Biden wasn't charged with or convicted of possession. He merely admitted to private drug use.

The only reason they found out about his drug use at all is from his book released years after the fishing expedition started.

Back