• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Colby will have a TS from a 21 months layoff

• Thread starter Deleted member 592822
  • Start date
He had a layoff because he was jumped outside of a steakhouse

if I am Colby's manager, I can come up with like six arguments for him getting a title shot

Wasn't Colby the backup fighter for Leon vs Usman 3?

If he was, than that's why he's next in line.
While that's true it just raises the question why was he given the opportunity to be the backup over someone more deserving like Belal? I mean Belal took an actual fight against an actual contender on short notice to try to stake his claim, I'm sure he would have taken the back up role if they had asked but it's more than likely that they never did.

Oh, so now you are talking about quality of a fighter
Right, first doesn't matter who Colby fought, not because of a quality of opponents he fought, but because they are retired. But 10 title fights (which is a quality thing) against people who also retired for GSP do count. Son, you are dumb as fuck, go back to school and check what basic logic is.

why are you talking about GSP tho ? Is he getting a TS coming from a 2-2 record in 2023 ? Of course GSP's opponents are retired he's retired himself.

How does that makes Colby's record - an active fighter having a TS- of having wins only against currently retired fighters in the last 5 years better?

Do you understand words ?

Exactly, respect sir.

Also
FB-IMG-1695577108053.jpg

how does Jon Jones body of work can get compared to Colby ? don't you see why people will see it justified for the undefeated most decorated champion in the history of the UFC and not for a 2-2 fighters that doesn't have one current top 10 win ? seriously?

He had a layoff because he was jumped outside of a steakhouse

if I am Colby's manager, I can come up with like six arguments for him getting a title shot

oh and wasn't he saying that he had a brain injury that prevented him from fighting? seems like it healed up as soon as he got a TS

how does Jon Jones body of work can get compared to Colby ? don't you see why people will see it justified for the undefeated most decorated champion in the history of the UFC and not for a 2-2 fighters that doesn't have one current top 10 win ? seriously?
Who cares, he was inactive for 3 years,goes up and gets title shot from the get go
Not to mention all the shit he's pulled over the years and those same fans who justify all of that now have a problem with Colby?Lol couldnt care less about those "fans"

It's not so much the layoff that's the problem, it's the lack of wins to come even close to justifying a title shot. It's very short sighted booking too since we all know Colby is going to try avoiding fighting contenders and stall the division even more, he's already started angling for Islam.

why are you talking about GSP tho ? Is he getting a TS coming from a 2-2 record in 2023 ? Of course GSP's opponents are retired he's retired himself.

How does that makes Colby's record - an active fighter having a TS- of having wins only against currently retired fighters in the last 5 years better?

Do you understand words ?
Boy, you are dumb.
This is your narrative:
Leon/Colby is official for 296 in December.

That's 21 month since the last time Colby fought a semi retired masvidal

One of the most underserved TS ever lol

No way the guy isn't rusty after this layoff at 36yo

Here is more:
how many top 10 wins does Colby have against active fighters?

You can also check your own topic name.

GSP got a MW title shot after 4 years layoff, despite never competing in MW (not only did he not fight active fighters, he NEVER fought at MW). Why? Because he deserved it more than any MW contender at the time. Same goes to Colby.

Funny how quickly people forget that Leon got his shot after almost two years layoff,
finger banging Belal and his "impressive" win against Diaz..

mma-chat-leon-edwards.gif

Division called welterwait for a reason, smh..
Besides that 1 shot (the only thing anyone remembers) Leon beat the shit out of Nate in a very impressive manner

Boy, you are dumb.
This is your narrative:

Here is more:

You can also check your own topic name.

GSP got a title shot at MW after 4 years layoff, despite never competing in MW. Why? Because he deserved it more than any MW contender at the time. Same goes to Colby.
GsP got a shot because he was the greatest WW of all time and arguably the Goat (not my opinion) Colby is none of these.

To compare Colby to GsP is like comparing shit to clay

Who cares, he was inactive for 3 years,goes up and gets title shot from the get go
Not to mention all the shit he's pulled over the years and those same fans who justify all of that now have a problem with Colby?Lol couldnt care less about those "fans"

everyone who has a brain cares. I don't like Jones at all but he's arguably the GOAT of MMA. Comparing him who is undefeated and has 14 world titles getting a title shot to Colby who is 2-2 and never sniffed a real title can only be done by the stupidest forms of life on earth

what's the logic in comparing GPS who was riding an 12 fights win streak that included 10 consecutive title fights to Colby who is 2-2 in his last four ? how is that even comparable ? are you mentally challenged? because I'm starting to think that.

wtf is this word salad ?

what year is it ? you're still talking about Colby 2017 against a 37 years old Maia when himself was 29 ? that's the only argument you've got to justify his 2023 title shot ?

Send me location.

GSP got a MW title shot after 4 years layoff, despite never competing in MW (not only did he not fight active fighters, he NEVER fought at MW). Why? Because he deserved it more than any MW contender at the time. Same goes to Colby.

how old are you serious question. You calling anyone dumb is ludicrous.

Did it come across your mind that GSP is the WW GOAT without discussion and won 13 world titles, hence why he deserved the shot ?

How is someone who never sniffed a real title like Colby and is 2-2 in his last four as legitimate as GSP for a TS ?

Trying to use reason with you is like trying to explain to a stubborn mentally challenged individual that the sky is blue

You guys keep talking about Belal deserves the shot and I respect that but ufc always tries to avoid someone like that from becoming champ.

Belal is obnoxiously boring in 90% of his fights and even somehow more obnoxious and boring outside the cage. I mean the most forgettable best fighter in the ufc is nick named ‘remember the name’

You guys keep talking about Belal deserves the shot and I respect that but ufc always tries to avoid someone like that from becoming champ.

Belal is obnoxiously boring in 90% of his fights and even somehow more obnoxious and boring outside the cage. I mean the most forgettable best fighter in the ufc is nick named ‘remember the name’
Yet he specifically announced Belal vs Burns as a title eliminator. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls some bullshit. We know Colby will try to avoid that fight. It just gets tiresome when the fights turn out to mean nothing. We just saw him hint he's going to screw DDP out of his title shot he earned because Dana stuffed up the schedule and expected him to fight injured on a 2 month turnaround. There's barely any divisions where the rightful contender is actually getting their shot.

GsP got a shot because he was the greatest WW of all time and arguably the Goat (not my opinion) Colby is none of these.

To compare Colby to GsP is like comparing shit to clay

Are you nerds and virgins having a party here? Nobody compaired Colby to GSP. All I said is - Colby deserves it more than Shavkat, which you would probably understand if only you hadn't taken words out of context.

how old are you serious question. You calling anyone dumb is ludicrous.

Did it come across your mind that GSP is the WW GOAT without discussion and won 13 world titles, hence why he deserved the shot ?

How is someone who never sniffed a real title like Colby and is 2-2 in his last four as legitimate as GSP for a TS ?

Trying to use reason with you is like trying to explain to a stubborn mentally challenged individual that the sky is blue

I am calling you a dumb, because you are dumb, which I already shown, by using your own quotes. And if you don't understand this, it's only because you are dumb.
<WhatItIs>

Are you nerds and virgins having a party here? Nobody compaired Colby to GSP. All I said is - Colby deserves it more than Shavkat, which you would probably understand if only you hadn't taken words out of context.

lool using the Colby need and virgin stupid line. please tell me you're not an adult. Feeling shame for you

You're the one who bring up GSP in the conversation saying that he was coming off a longer layoff than Colby and so if GSP's shot was justified then so is Colby's. So yeah you compared the two. Not that much going upstairs is it ?

lool using the Colby need and virgin stupid line. please tell me you're not an adult. Feeling shame for you

You're the one who bring up GSP in the conversation saying that he was coming off a longer layoff than Colby and so if GSP's shot was justified then so is Colby's. So yeah you compared the two. Not that much going upstairs is it ?
I am done talking to you, kid. I tried, but logic is just not for you. Your education is your father's responsibility, from now on, don't count on me.
old-man-kicking.gif

Yet he specifically announced Belal vs Burns as a title eliminator. Wouldn't be surprised if he pulls some bullshit. We know Colby will try to avoid that fight. It just gets tiresome when the fights turn out to mean nothing. We just saw him hint he's going to screw DDP out of his title shot he earned because Dana stuffed up the schedule and expected him to fight injured on a 2 month turnaround. There's barely any divisions where the rightful contender is actually getting their shot.

I agree about the overall issue with ufc not putting the best fighters against one another despite their claim they always do. They do not want to see Belal hold a title and not because of race or anything just stylistically he’s got the lowest finish rate in the roster right now

I am done talking to you, kid. I tried, but logic is just not for you. Your education is your father's responsibility, from now on, don't count on me.

lol ok. care to tell us your age ? again if you're not an adult yet there is a small hope

Back