Colby will have a TS from a 21 months layoff

• Thread starter Deleted member 592822
  • Start date
I agree about the overall issue with ufc not putting the best fighters against one another despite their claim they always do. They do not want to see Belal hold a title and not because of race or anything just stylistically he’s got the lowest finish rate in the roster right now
If their claims to a shot were anywhere close I could definitely see the reasoning but when you pass over someone with 3 top 5 winns and 2 top 10 wins for a guy who had 1 lower top 10 win 18 months ago it just becomes a complete farce. Plus Colby isn't a finisher or a major draw either, his big grudge match with Jorge apparently did around 350k. Probably sells a little more than Belal but don't think it's a huge difference and will just clog the division because he is very inactive.
I can see Belal's not the type they'd normally want as champ but his case is that much better than anyone else's it seems like a circus ignoring him, I suppose they just don't care at all about that any more. I just can't remember a time when they were stuffing so many divisions around like this. Just seems very short sighted. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up having to do an interim title fight early next year anyway.

But he made the weight! just like Jared and that russian HW did and they were both rewarded with title shots! oh wait...

masvidal and colby held up the division for about 2 years and extended Usman's title reign 2 years more than it should have. Hopefully the UFC stops the insanity by letting true competition come into play here and they refrain from propping up "corp" champs - its like roman reigns in the WWE!!!!

Back