Opinion It is not bigoted to want a homogenized American culture.

Oris79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The republicans are called bigots for wanting this, but I kind of agree with them on this matter despite having liberal views on other issues.

We can be a country of many races, but if those races don't unify towards a strong foundational culture and ethic, it will lead to Balkanization. This is how every large empire ultimately falls; they over expand and have too many conflicting cultures and ideas within it and eventually population and resources will begin dividing the people into various ethnic groups most often based on language and culture.

For this reason, there is nothing wrong with demanding every citizen of this country assimilate into a generic American culture.

The republicans are called bigots for wanting this, but I kind of agree with them on this matter despite having liberal views on other issues.

We can be a country of many races, but if those races don't unify towards a strong foundational culture and ethic, it will lead to Balkanization. Why do humans never learn from history ? This is how every large empire ultimately falls; they over expand and have too many conflicting cultures and ideas within it and eventually population and resources will begin dividing the people into various ethnic groups most often based on language and culture.

So what's wrong with the idea that we demand every citizen of this country assimilate into a generic American culture ?

Well, that you call is generic for one is pretty unappealing.

You can keep your Dockers and meatloaf, ya dork, we aint assimilating to shit!

SSHHHAAAOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

Throw on some Chente!

alvin-and-the-chipmunks-party-time.gif

Well, that you call is generic for one is pretty unappealing.

It is impossible for even the most united of cultures to have the exact same accent, means, and ways. I'm not asking for something that impossibly rigid. I'm asking for an overlapping culture with ideas and goals which the country fights for and works towards. How is this, in any way, bigoted ?

We can be a country of many races, but if those races don't unify towards a strong foundational culture and ethic, it will lead to Balkanization. This is how every large empire ultimately falls; they over expand and have too many conflicting cultures and ideas within it and eventually population and resources will begin dividing the people into various ethnic groups most often based on language and culture.

For this reason, there is nothing wrong with demanding every citizen of this country assimilate into a generic American culture.
The U.S is not expanding geographically and absorbing other nations with an exhaustive history like the balkans, and then planting a bunch of institutions loosely bound by treaties. The U.S has a strong institutional and political foundation bound by the U.S constitution and a Supreme Court. It's much more solid.
The U.S relies on immigration to boost and maintain its population due to a low national birth rate. It's always been like that. The question is around "who do you let in?" and "how do you go about it?"

Thanks for proving my point. The instant anyone says something the progressive disagrees with, they're called white nationalists. I'm a Brown man. This has nothing to do with race. It's about culture and wanting to preserve it.
yeah. ok.

looking forward to reading all the insightful replies from my ignore list.

Complete assimilation is Impossible.
While if to learn language and about laws ?
It is bare minimum and I don't know why average " Western bitch " might normally to behave and talk with locals after some 6 months in country and some other specimen might show really in depth cocky attitude vs locals?
We are not less sharp than Harlem hole if will need to be.
Mainly cold, nordic and a bit blood here or there nothing special.
Not so sharp like Russia in 1990 ies and still...it is about some cases like Harlem and in highest level...

This is something that people seem oblivious to even though it's common sense. When I bring it up to them they go like "hmm...yeah true never thought of that"

I remember when I was in Greece, an American tourist was telling us how countries like Norway and Sweden were the best countries in the world to live in and how the US should be more like them. He also seemed to be a Bernie bro.

This girl from Korea responded "Do you realize those countries very homogenous? You can't compare them to the US"

Last edited:
This is already what we have and what is happening. Without going full-blown Stalinist communism where we indoctrinate atheism and make everyone eat boiled potatoes 3 meals a day we couldn't get a lot more monocultural.
  • According to the Census 99.2% of Americans speak english.
  • "Specialty" foods make up less than 20% of our cuisine.
  • All of our products categories are regulated around the same US codes.
  • 90% of our media comes from 6 companies.
  • 91% of American children attend public school
Considering there are people here from every corner of the globe we are insanely monocultural, in part because the US exports it's culture around the world. Brand new imigrants show up in blue jeans and tshirts, with a taste for McDonalds and KFC, knowing Taylor Swift songs and quotes from Friends.

Being nationalist comes with a lot of negative comments.

But imo there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

For instance I would be termed a nationalist here in aus.

Morons will term that a racist... yet for me the concept of nationalist transcends the absurdity of pigment.

I wish my country to create the best possible lives for ALL Australians... be they first generation 3rd generation whatever... don't care. Don't give a fuck where they've come from or born. One 3rd of Australians are born overseas anyhow. The focus of our government should be for the betterment of all Australians regardless of bullshit like religion pigment race etc .

The US was supposed to be a melting pot.

That means blending together which was a "leftist " idea and had to be pushed.

Now the left wants separate but some more privileged then others.

The melting pot was about set a values and ideas to move forward for all races and backgrounds.

That is no longer the case and without it we are being pushed to separate which will destroy the US.

So no despite the left screaming racist at any and everything the melting pot is not a racist idea.

Back