Examples of salty fans lurking in the shadows praying for someone’s downfall

I’ll start with Max Holloway fans. They will never get over the fact that their boy got beat by Volk 3 different times. They are lurking, waiting for Volk to lose so they can downgrade him.

They’re so obvious about it too. Every time another Volk fight comes around, this random horde of accounts come out of the woodwork crapping on Volk.
You can add Islam fans, too. I have never seen a fanbase take a "win" this personally. They became Yair fans out of nowhere and were praying on Volk's downfall. Topuria is the next guy for them, expect to see a lot of Topuria fans around December. God help them, I don't know how they would cope if their guy were to lose his belt.

Last edited:
First thing that comes to mind is Rousey losing. It was one of the most uniting nights in Sherdog history for a change.

There are so many examples of fans of a specific fighter who can’t cope with the fact that their fighter lost, and instead of giving credit to the person who beat their fighter, they lurk in the background waiting for that person to lose.

They watch every single fight of the person who beat their favorite fighter, waiting for the opportunity to hate on them and say they “ were never that good”

I’ll start with Max Holloway fans. They will never get over the fact that their boy got beat by Volk 3 different times. They are lurking, waiting for Volk to lose so they can downgrade him.

They’re so obvious about it too. Every time another Volk fight comes around, this random horde of accounts come out of the woodwork crapping on Volk.

What’s funny is, even if you downgrade the guy who beat your favorite fighter (especially multiple times), you’re just making your favorite fighter look even worse, because they lost to the person you’re saying was “never that good”.

There were people like that after the second Max fight but I feel like everyone gives him credit now after the third fight.

There are so many examples of fans of a specific fighter who can’t cope with the fact that their fighter lost, and instead of giving credit to the person who beat their fighter, they lurk in the background waiting for that person to lose.

They watch every single fight of the person who beat their favorite fighter, waiting for the opportunity to hate on them and say they “ were never that good”

What’s funny is, even if you downgrade the guy who beat your favorite fighter (especially multiple times), you’re just making your favorite fighter look even worse, because they lost to the person you’re saying was “never that good”.

Dumb post coupdnt read it it all.. stopped at max fans..

How about being honest about fights and not just calling any sad win a lopsided victory.. max vs volk 1 coulda gone either way. 2 meh 3 def outclassed.. doesnt take away from max or his fans

But as a real example jon bones jones back in the day .. everyone rooted against him because he was an up and comer and defeating everyones fan favorite opponent and continued as he got the belt and the old real fans understand you dont bet against him anymore while the casuals new fans see a undefeated shell and think all of his wins are losses and cant wait for it to happen.

Jon Jones haters have been lurking in their shadowy mancaves waiting for him to lose for over a decade, now they're clinging to Stipe to beat Jones. Imagine that.

<JonesLaugh>
I shed my hate after he lost to Matt Hammill. It was a generous display of sportsmanship to voluntarily lose to a disabled fighter. Absolutely charitable move by Bones there. Class act.

Valentina fans and Nunes. They were insufferable after Pena beat her.

Ronda Rousey haters were probably the biggest and most memorable group. Man, so many of them were just waiting for her to get smoked. HollyHolmHeadkick.gif, the Purple Pillow shoops, and even the Black Beast memes after she went AWOL. That shit was off the wall.

Jon Jones haters have been lurking in their shadowy mancaves waiting for him to lose for over a decade, now they're clinging to Stipe to beat Jones. Imagine that.

<JonesLaugh>
The fate of their world lies in 41 year old hands
<{hughesimpress}>

It happens with every successful fighter. Hell, anyone successful in life.

Haters stay silent when things are good, then party on the forums when it's time.

And some 2 cent poster will notice and say "oh man, a month ago everyone loved Fighter X? now you're all bandwagon jumpers"

Poor Conor fans, they must've given up by now..

e03a8e296c504f49b64803c062c8eed9_w200.gif
20210124_150910.jpg

Ronda went from being hot, p4p top 5, and one of the most dominant champs to fat ugly and never any good as soon as she lost

straight from magazine front cover nude to ugly betty

It happens with every successful fighter. Hell, anyone successful in life.

Haters stay silent when things are good, then party on the forums when it's time.

And some 2 cent poster will notice and say "oh man, a month ago everyone loved Fighter X? now you're all bandwagon jumpers"

some stay silent; but some will try to be your friend and act like they "knew it all along" that you would make something of yourself

the fact of the matter is, that most "men" are no different than women and gossip and jump on the bandwagon of whoever is on top or the hot upcomer at the moment.

one thing i have learned in life is, that it is a lot easier for people to sit on their ass and point fingers at the man trying to make something of himself, while stuffing their face with chips and beer and running their mouths; maybe they are even the type to brag about how great they could be if they actually gave a fuck, or about how great they were in their "athletic primes" and whatnot and are just generally insufferable pricks

That's why I respect @StonedLemur . He doesn't lurk; he just outright lets it be known that he is a big max fan, thinks volk is smug, and he doesn't like volk. He is one of the most consistent volk haters I've ever seen, but at least he's open about it lol

Khabib haters have ultimate hater blue ball syndrome. Without a scratch or loss on his record hater blue ball symptoms include lashing out about his tweeting or interview patterns post-retirement, rehashing Tibau scoring interpretation 47 years after it took place, and random socio-political-religious virtue signaling. Sad stuff.

Hell, I was a khabib fan and he left me with angry blue balls. I get it a lot of the frustration.

You can add Islam fans, too. I have never seen a fanbase take a "win" this personally. They became Yair fans out of nowhere and were praying on Volk's downfall. Topuria is the next guy for them, expect to see a lot of Topuria fans around December. God help them, I don't know how they would cope if their guy were to lose his belt.

Bro, I was one of like 5 people on here telling everyone Volk was going to be Islam's biggest challenge. All the islam fans laughed at me and were like, " this fight shouldn't even happen. Dumb fight -- Islam by whatever he wants within 2 rounds. his wrestling is too good. Volk stands no chance."

They acted like Volk was chopped liver going into the fight, now after islam squeeks by with a close decision, they are like, "what a great win for islam! volk is a beast! P4P top fighter in the world! what a name on islam's resume!"

Long story short: whatever narrative makes their boy seem best is the one they'll take lol. I'm sure a lot of them want to see volk get finished, though.

Last edited:
Lurking? We are out here and pretty vocal, Jones is a cheating cunt that owns every achivement in his life to PEDs.
well at least you are not bitter about it, thats the good thing

Back