Examples of salty fans lurking in the shadows praying for someone’s downfall

There are so many examples of fans of a specific fighter who can’t cope with the fact that their fighter lost, and instead of giving credit to the person who beat their fighter, they lurk in the background waiting for that person to lose.

They watch every single fight of the person who beat their favorite fighter, waiting for the opportunity to hate on them and say they “ were never that good”

I’ll start with Max Holloway fans. They will never get over the fact that their boy got beat by Volk 3 different times. They are lurking, waiting for Volk to lose so they can downgrade him.

They’re so obvious about it too. Every time another Volk fight comes around, this random horde of accounts come out of the woodwork crapping on Volk.

What’s funny is, even if you downgrade the guy who beat your favorite fighter (especially multiple times), you’re just making your favorite fighter look even worse, because they lost to the person you’re saying was “never that good”.
You don't need to give examples, even the nicest fighters has a haters wating for their downfall

Dumb post coupdnt read it it all.. stopped at max fans..

How about being honest about fights and not just calling any sad win a lopsided victory.. max vs volk 1 coulda gone either way. 2 meh 3 def outclassed.. doesnt take away from max or his fans

But as a real example jon bones jones back in the day .. everyone rooted against him because he was an up and comer and defeating everyones fan favorite opponent and continued as he got the belt and the old real fans understand you dont bet against him anymore while the casuals new fans see a undefeated shell and think all of his wins are losses and cant wait for it to happen.
Stopped reading at Max Volk 1 could have gone either way, find me anyone who gave Max that fight.

There are so many examples of fans of a specific fighter who can’t cope with the fact that their fighter lost, and instead of giving credit to the person who beat their fighter, they lurk in the background waiting for that person to lose.

They watch every single fight of the person who beat their favorite fighter, waiting for the opportunity to hate on them and say they “ were never that good”

I’ll start with Max Holloway fans. They will never get over the fact that their boy got beat by Volk 3 different times. They are lurking, waiting for Volk to lose so they can downgrade him.

They’re so obvious about it too. Every time another Volk fight comes around, this random horde of accounts come out of the woodwork crapping on Volk.

What’s funny is, even if you downgrade the guy who beat your favorite fighter (especially multiple times), you’re just making your favorite fighter look even worse, because they lost to the person you’re saying was “never that good”.

Well, this is a load of shit... for me. I acknowledge that Volkanovski is one of the best fighters of this generation and is in the process of building a GOAT resume. The fact that Max can't beat him despite him beating everyone else not named Dustin Poirier on a short notice title fight a division up in the last decade speaks to how great Max is and proves how exceptional Volkanovski is. I appreciate Alex's ability, enjoy his fights and like him as a person.

That said, everyone's got haters. It's the Suredawg way.

People were hoping Izzy would get humiliated.

Few actually believed Sean could do it.

THE WORSE BY FAR ARE THE IZZY HATERS

It's no worse for Izzy than it is for Jones, Khabib and a bunch of other guys. You're just overly invested and a little sensitive when it comes to Izzy so you take note of it more. I mean, you literally changed your name to express your hatred for a fighter who beat him

The Makhachev hate is the weirdest and out of nowhere I have seen sprout up lately on this forum.

Makhachev does nothing I can see compared to a lot of the other fighters Adesanya, Mcgregor, Jones, Sterling, O’Malley etc that warrants the hate.

You have people on here creating some hate fueled fantasy on Makhachev like he’s Khabib, callin on Ivlam or some other nonsense.

Well, this is a load of shit... for me. I acknowledge that Volkanovski is one of the best fighters of this generation and is in the process of building a GOAT resume. The fact that Max can't beat him despite him beating everyone else not named Dustin Poirier on a short notice title fight a division up in the last decade speaks to how great Max is and proves how exceptional Volkanovski is. I appreciate Alex's ability, enjoy his fights and like him as a person.

That said, everyone's got haters. It's the Suredawg way.
I know I shit a bit on some of the hardcore Max fans earlier in the thread(mainly the ones that over hate Volk), but you're definitely in the group that is a lot more chill.
You always gave props to his opposition win, lose or draw.

I know I shit a bit on some of the hardcore Max fans earlier in the thread(mainly the ones that over hate Volk), but you're definitely in the group that is a lot more chill.
You always gave props to his opposition win, lose or draw.
Agreed. Usually Max fans are somehow some of the worst fans out there despite the guy you’re a fan of being so chill.

Back